PDA

View Full Version : Need help to choose a Smartphone

Duh
09-14-2008, 08:41 PM
I need:

-WIFI ( a must and should be as good as possible).I need to have and alert of new email whenever I pass through a wifi spot ( automatically)
-I like slider design
-Keypad instead of typing in the monitor ( my fingers are clumsy)
-<$150 ( I do not live precisely in safe Switzerland and theft is something likely)

I like the htc 8125 very much.. is it any good?

Would not bother although it aint a must:

-mp3
-camera

Thanks

Shaz
09-16-2008, 10:45 AM
I'd recommend something from the HTC slider series, they're all pretty good phones and the new ones with slide out keyboards are really nice to work with, I always get mine on contract so I'm awful with pricing so that's really all I can say.

The 8125 is nice but looks slightly dated, try and find one with Windows Mobile 6.1.

Duh
09-17-2008, 08:10 PM
thx for the input buddy! Which would be a good one and also affordable??

gr8golf
09-18-2008, 08:24 AM
HTC has a new phone coming out in November that looks AWESOME! It has a VGA - that's right a VGA touchscreen. It has a slide out qwerty keyboard and a ton of features as well as the best processer / most memory I've seen on a WM phone yet. Look for the Touch Pro on htc.com

Duh
09-19-2008, 07:28 AM
HTC has a new phone coming out in November that looks AWESOME! It has a VGA - that's right a VGA touchscreen. It has a slide out qwerty keyboard and a ton of features as well as the best processer / most memory I've seen on a WM phone yet. Look for the Touch Pro on htc.com

thx m8. Even though it is going to exceed the $ I can spend I will take a look. Is it the one that is gon ahave android? That would be a plus since one of the main things I want the cell phone for is to automatically download an email whenever I pass by a wifi spot. I am not planning to use it as a cell phone in a daily basis due to lack of security in my country

hixie
09-19-2008, 11:19 AM

Are you talking about the HTC Diamond? If yes i'll ask my friend what he thinks of it, so far he only gave me one comment... which was slow.
I'm using the HTC Touch... and i can tell you that thing is slow, great phone all together but just needs a little bit more speed.

gr8golf
09-19-2008, 12:17 PM
The Touch Pro is exactly like the Diamond - with the slide out QWERTY keyboard which makes it thicker. I don't know if they have the same processor / RAM - but I know the Pro has a faster processor and way more memory than the Touch.

hixie
09-19-2008, 12:22 PM
The Touch Pro is exactly like the Diamond - with the slide out QWERTY keyboard which makes it thicker. I don't know if they have the same processor / RAM - but I know the Pro has a faster processor and way more memory than the Touch.

By "Pro" do you mean the "Dual"? Different names in different regions
The touch dual is just as slow and the touch dual has no wi-fi.

gr8golf
09-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Nope - linky

http://www.htc.com/www/product.aspx?id=49518

Duh
09-19-2008, 02:48 PM
thx for the input guys :)

The fact is that I dont need a cell phone to have the WR in spi :p , just to do the stuff mentioned before

Duh
09-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Yep, I do :)

AndrewZorn
09-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Wait for the Google Android phone! $200 with plan but it looks soooo cool!

I have a HTC Mogul, but it's getting 'old'.

Janno
09-26-2008, 11:04 AM

I have a HTC Mogul, but it's getting 'old'.it's a shame the android phones don't come unlocked (maybe not just yet)
the "plans" here in europe are a daylight robbery :down:

AndrewZorn
09-26-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm sure it won't be long, the software/OS is open source...

Duh
09-30-2008, 09:08 PM

I have a HTC Mogul, but it's getting 'old'.
release date?