PDA

View Full Version : NB/SB cooling, Enzotech SNBW-SLI and Swiftech MCW-30

rehpyc
09-14-2008, 07:16 PM
I've searched through some older threads when the Enzotech SNBW-SLI was first released, but it seems there hasn't been much in terms of the type of quality this block has over comparative chipset blocks. It definitely looks better than other blocks available (to me at least), but how good does it perform? I understand the MCW-30 is cheaper and probably the most free-flowing, but at $25 + $5 or so for nicer fittings, it only falls short by $7 of the $37 that this block comes priced at.

For the SB, would a basic low-profile heatsink/fan work fine for the eVGA 680i? I was thinking of THIS (http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/evvctwvgaco1.html). Would that work well enough?

Thanks in advance!

iowamoe300
09-14-2008, 09:31 PM
I have an EVGA 680i and the sb isn't really worth watercooling in my opinion. Just put one of these on the sb http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835119080.

As far as the enzotech block for the nb, I can't speak for it's performance. I do have an older maze chipset block on my nb, and it does a fine job.

pika198
09-14-2008, 09:39 PM
I used the mcw-30 water block + the enzo low profile sb cooler and they worked great in sli. kept cool even under overclocking pressure

Martinm210
09-14-2008, 10:22 PM
I have one I plan to review, but I havn't got there yet. It's a really nice block, I really like the all copper construction and the fins add alot more area than most flat base types like the MCW-30.

rehpyc
09-15-2008, 01:48 AM
Any guess as to the eta of when you think you'd be getting around to at least testing the restrictiveness of the block, or at least from the design would you be able to guess as to which block it'd most closely relate to that is in your flow estimator?

If my loop consists of a D-Tek Fuzion v1 (I think 4.4 nozzle?), Thermochill PA 120.3, DDC 3.2 w/ Petra's top, and a D-Tek GFX 2 is thrown into the mix, will a little restriction even be much to worry over between the two chipset blocks?

Thanks for the input.

Bojamijams
09-15-2008, 05:39 AM
I wouldn't worry rehpyc.. I have a Fuzion V2 stock (probably same restricive ness as your V1 with nozzle), BIX 480GT, 655 w/ EK top, and 2x GFX 2's and I'm still above 1GPM.

Martinm210
09-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Any guess as to the eta of when you think you'd be getting around to at least testing the restrictiveness of the block, or at least from the design would you be able to guess as to which block it'd most closely relate to that is in your flow estimator?

If my loop consists of a D-Tek Fuzion v1 (I think 4.4 nozzle?), Thermochill PA 120.3, DDC 3.2 w/ Petra's top, and a D-Tek GFX 2 is thrown into the mix, will a little restriction even be much to worry over between the two chipset blocks?

Thanks for the input.

I'd probably have to guess the restriction is similar to the EK mostfet or something like that. It will probably be slightly more restrictive than an MCW-30, but not a bunch more. The fins are not extremely dense:up: