PDA

View Full Version : Thread Size For BIX GT 360

T_Flight
09-14-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm trying to get stuff setup on my rad tonight and have run into a problem. I'm setting up 3xUltra Kaze 3000's with some spacers made from some broken Yate Loon D12SM-12's and the bolts supplied were not long enough. I got the fans cutout tonight and got ready to mount them and they are about 1/4" or so short. At first glance these looked like 8-32's, but they are not.

Anyone know what size these bolts are? I need to get some long enough to get the fans mounted and would like to get them locally if I could.

BTW, setting up 38mm fans with 1" Fan Spacers is monstrous! It screams Xtreme! They look like wind tunnels! :D

Xilikon
09-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Those are M4 threads.

T_Flight
09-14-2008, 06:38 PM
Thanks a bunch. I thought they might be metric but I don't have a gauge here for metric.

I can get those in Stainless at Lowe's. I'll get those tomorrow. I'll get a pic too and post what I did.

That thing seriously does look like a massive wind tunnel sitting over there. :yepp:

I have the fans and spacers just sitting on the rad on the work table for now.

09-15-2008, 06:52 AM
I did the same setup with denkis on one of mine, last pic in this post http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=201013.
I would suggest bolting straight through and getting your fasteners from mcmaster-carr. The Lowes metric selection is abysmal.

T_Flight
09-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks! :up:

You think just like I do. I like Allen head socket head bolts for stuff like this. I use them on rockets and airplanes and leaned long ago it helps to keep from slipping with a screwdriver and punching a hold through something. I have ball drivers, T Handles and L wrenches of every size known to man for Allen Head bolts.

I may just order that. Those are gonna have to be some long screws. That's precisely the way I like stuff.

I'm working little by little on things and just working on each part of the system right now. When I can get my new hardware I will be moving a bit faster. Obviously The Core I7 and motherboards are not out quite yet, but we're getting real close.

I love this forum! This is really a great watercooling forum! :clap: