PDA

View Full Version : BSOD Bad caller from pool

shadco
07-26-2002, 02:35 PM
Interesting thing happend today.

In the endeavour to increase my 3Dmark score I swapped my vid card for another one while I installed a "better" GPU cooler on it. I had to reinstall the driver for the new card which I am used to doing, so far so good. Now it's time to swap back to the modded card.

System boots into a BSOD with the message Bad caller from pool (I assume this is refering to the ESCD pool) whoops.

I drop back to default cpu and ram settings and reboot same thing.

I use the bios to force an ESCD pool update and boot into safe mode, remove the video driver and reboot normally.

So far so good I reinstall the video driver and reboot at default settings. That works.

I reset to overclocked settings and get the same BSOD.

I drop back to 160 1:1 same thing.

Any Ideas?

Shad

MrIcee
07-26-2002, 02:58 PM
Shad:)

I would start by removing the drivers thru the add/remove programs function in Control Panel. Run Detonator Destroyer to remove all remnants of the old drivers. If that program doesn't work on XP...go into the Windows System....and manually find the .inf and drivers or related leftovers and delete them.

Next..go into Device Manager and REMOVE your vid card. It will ask you to reboot...do so and let her fire up and redetect your vid card..then install the appropriate drivers as necessary.

I'm not sure this will alleviate your problems..but it's a clean start.

Randi:D

shadco
07-26-2002, 03:07 PM
Randi

Thanks that is the procedure I use/used when reving or reinstalling video drivers.

I'm gonna get 14K if it kills me.

Shad