PDA

View Full Version : Innovatek Konvekt-O-Matic

dionysio
09-14-2008, 11:04 AM
what is your opinion on this rad "Innovatek Konvekt-O-Matic"

is mo-ra 2 a better choice?

which is in your opinion the best radiator?

would joining two rads together be a better alternative? thank you!

FrogBite
09-14-2008, 11:23 AM
The mora2 has too dense fins so its more of a active radiator than a passive one. I read a review some time ago about the Konvekt O matic and seemed to do the job pretty well, however I´m not sure about how well they can deal with modern Quads.#

What system are you planning to cool?

dionysio
09-14-2008, 11:26 AM
i am thinking about the mo-ra2 with fans for the graphics cards. i just don't think passive rads are good that's why i am asking about the Innovatek Konvekt-O-Matic...

FrogBite
09-14-2008, 11:31 AM
You can buy a special fan which blow air down the fins of the o-Matic but if you already have some fans then the Mora2 should work fine. If you´re only planning to cool your graphic cards, which card do you have?

Boogerlad
09-14-2008, 11:38 AM
gah. Innovatek parts are terrible. If you have the money, go with a feser 120.3 rad or a TC pa120.3. If you want something cheaper, go with the xspc or swiftech rads.

Boogerlad
09-14-2008, 11:39 AM
don't even attempt to run passive though. Run some yate loon lows.

dionysio
09-14-2008, 11:55 AM
i agree Innovatek took advantage of the hobbyist watercooling enthusiasts... by the way is there a large car radiator like the mo-ra 2?

this review likes the mo-ra
http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/showthread.php?t=496285

Waterlogged
09-14-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm not a fan (no pun intended) of either. Innovatek's rad is very similar to Alphacool's Cape Cora (I own 3 of these) and I'm gonna be pulling them out in a short while for a real rad because they are fundamentally flawed from the very beginning. They are both made out of aluminum as well. The MORA is a triple parallel condenser type rad that has more bends than Nürburgring. The water has far too much copper tubing to pass through which when combined with the triple parallel passes could really dampen pressure in the loop.

Best bet would be a more traditional rad as stated by Boogerlad.

Waterlogged
09-14-2008, 01:36 PM
save your hard earned cash an go to junk yard get a copper truck rad if you doing passive cooling

also if using MoRa2 need all aluminum loop no mixed metals.

Wrong! MORA uses copper tubing.

Waterlogged
09-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah, they're similar to my Alphacool Cape Cora's and they are disgustingly awful.

BreeSpree
09-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Run away from Innovatek...
Yes, Innovatek is expensive, replacement parts are a pain to get a hold of, and performance is not very good.
Go with a TFC or TC 120.3.