PDA

View Full Version : Blackops OC + Agesis Panel

daithos
09-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi all,

Well this is my first real attemp at over clocking properly, and so far this forum has been excellent. Ive got a Blackops, watercooling the CPU (Q9650) + NB.

Currently stable at 3575 (420x8.5).

I have a couple of questions/issues.

1. Firstly the Agesis Panel shows System & NB temperatures at N/A. I have tried version 32 & 34

2. What is a safe max voltage for the NB, currently running at 1.5.I cant get my FSB over 420, and im not sure if I should be incresing the NB voltage anymore (definately wont until I can get the temps)

3. CPU cores at around 32-35 idle and 55-60 under load (assuming a TJ max of 100). Real temp, core temp, HWmonitor all report different temps.. LOL. Does this sound about right?

Cheers

cadaveca
09-14-2008, 10:44 AM
420mhz FSB is where GTL's must be tweaked w/45nm. You'll find the same limit on ALOT of boards. But unlike other boards that would top out @ about 450 bootable, I've booted easily into 460 and 470, but have not spent any time on getting them stable as of yet.

Temps seem fine, Aegis panel will work right once you un-install and install newest version.
I run 1.625v 24/7, but temps never exceed 45c. The thermal paste on teh NB block should be re-done, both for contact with chipset IHS, and for contact between baseplate, WB, and heatpipes. you can disassemble the unit once it's off the board.

daithos
09-14-2008, 10:57 AM
thanks for the reply. I have already removed and reinstalled the agesis panel about 6 times. Trying different version, is .34 the latest?

Until I can get a temp out of the NB I wont bother reseatting it, you never know it might be ok :)

Cheers

cadaveca
09-14-2008, 11:01 AM
yes, 1.0.2.34 is what I am using, it did the same as yours; after re-install all is working fine.

daithos
09-15-2008, 12:52 PM
reinstalled my system last night (needed it anyway) and now the agesis panel is working fine :)

Can anyone tell me what the System temperature actually measures and what acceptible values are?

Cheers

cadaveca
09-15-2008, 01:52 PM
I have no idea, but I think it is a sensor somewhere near power section of board. Putting a fan in that area definately lowers those temps, but mind you, so did adding a fan to the back of the board(which also lowered cpu temps):shrug:

yiancar
09-16-2008, 11:44 AM
I thing the system temp is around the caps of the cpu . The same is and in Abit mobos so ...:)

saaya
09-16-2008, 06:31 PM
im checking with our engineers where the temp probe is located and will let you know once i get a reply :)

i think its around the sb somewhere...

saaya
09-16-2008, 06:38 PM
hey daithos, welcome to XtremeSystems! :toast:

have you tried the latest version of aegis panel?
What windows version are you using?
What BIOS are you using and can you see the nb and sys temp in BIOS?

1. nb voltage doesnt really help that much to get a higher fsb, it just helps you to tighten down PL aka Trd (=higher memory read performance). 1.5v on air should be fine, but you should really look for the temps. the voltage most likely wont be the issue, its the temps... if the nb is at 60 or below then your fine, you should aim for 50 or if possible lower. temps also impact the fsb, so if you jack up the nb voltage and the nb overheats youll get a lower stable fsb than with lower volts and temperatures :D
for the fsb you probabaly need to increase vtt and maybe play with the gtl settings.

2. increasing the nb voltage mostly affects the highest memory clock you can achieve, so that indirectly affects the max fsb you can reach in case you are limited by the memory. this depends on the memory divider your using...

3. yes, every tool interprets the values slightly different... hence the different temperatures reported.[/QUOTE]

daithos
09-26-2008, 04:30 AM
Im running .34 of the agesis panel. After reinstalling the system everything was reporting correctly. Ive been playing with it lots trying to get it stable above 420FSB (driving me nuts, but thats another story).

Im using vista x32. But im begining to think its one of the other proggies im using locking out the agesis panel from the senors. Since I just killed my gpu putting a gtx280 waterblock on it:mad: I cant really test it at the moment, but will do shortly.

Im using revision 30 of the bios at the moment, and the temps display fine in the bios.

Im still interested in that system temp, and what acceptable values are?

Cheers

saaya
10-06-2008, 02:26 AM
wow, sorry to hear about that m8 :(
chipset temps... id say 60max, 50 should be your goal :D