PDA

View Full Version : Swiftech MCW50-T... owners take caution

Vedder323
10-03-2003, 12:14 PM
Swiftech MCW50-T... owners take caution
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swifmcgpuliq1.html

I have had this guy on my 9700pro for about 6months. I recently took it out and pit my new 9800 in there. As I pulled off the gasket on the top of the card "back-side" I noticed there was either "condensation buildup" or a cap was leaking. Strangley, the card works as good as new. I have some Radio shack electronics cleaner and it seemed to clean it up real nice.

Anyone else have this prob and if so... what do you suggest? I thought of using liquid electric tape...

Coot
10-03-2003, 12:22 PM
You need to proof it with grease/neopreme properly, rather than using that pap that swiftech supply with it :(

Vedder323
10-03-2003, 12:23 PM
ok... Do you have a link on how to do this?

Jabo
10-03-2003, 12:33 PM
ot same bad boy and it's been good to me:)
THe way to it is quite simple.
GPU side-
Afters seating your w/block properly put lots and lots oif dielectric grease around it where neoprene ands and touches pcb, in this way you'll be making it air proof.

Back side -
DO NOT SMEAR IT WITH ANYTHING BEFORE STICKING NEOPRENE PATCH ON!
Yo should clean it with some alcohol (methylated spirit) and then stick that little neoprene patch on (if you can get yourself as big and as thick as possible replacement since it will noticeably improve performance). Afters it sits there snugly, get that tube of grease out and do the same as per GPU side. There musn't be any place where neoprene-pcb meeting point is not covered under substantila amount of grease. Even if neoprene's selfadhesive lets go no air will be admitted.
Hope it helps :)

Stang_Man
10-03-2003, 01:03 PM
i coat the backside and around the gpu completely with liquid electrical tape... then use foam on the back to "soak" up any condensation

and my mcw50-t helped me get 465/371 on my 9700Pro

2fast4u
10-03-2003, 01:54 PM
Seal string all around and youl never have a leak! I use it on everything, even to hold a 40mm fan over my mosfet h/s by putting sealstring on 2 sides and sticking to top of caps!

\/icious
10-06-2003, 09:07 AM
where do you get seal string at

Svenn
10-06-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by 2fast4u
Seal string all around and youl never have a leak! I use it on everything, even to hold a 40mm fan over my mosfet h/s by putting sealstring on 2 sides and sticking to top of caps!

Seal string is godly!

Stang_Man
10-06-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by \/icious
where do you get seal string at

go to Car Quest or Auto Zone, and look for an Auto Glass repair kit. aka, Ribbon Sealer. Same stuff..

i personally HATE seal string. leaves such a mess when taking it off (at least the ribbon sealer stuff, dont know about the stuff Chip-Con uses in it's prometia sets)