PDA

View Full Version : An outside personal test of 3 CPU blocks.

sirheck
09-07-2008, 02:44 PM
http://xcpus.com/GetDoc.aspx?doc=69&page=1

sirheck
09-07-2008, 02:59 PM
No mention if more than one mount was used..??

I have no idea, dont think so.
Just a review from a different source.

I always like to see as much information/opinions, from any and all
sources i can find.

zanzabar
09-07-2008, 03:01 PM
they crippled the dtek with that quad plate, and was everything out of the box im surprised that the EK did that well with no back plate

Eddie3dfx
09-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Wow, Gabe really has a winner with that one. Now if only we can get a different hold down plate/screws... damn fugly

sirheck
09-07-2008, 03:05 PM
I have the D-Tek but dont have the quad plate so i cant say.
I am happy with the bare D-Tek myself.

Im sure i would be happy with any of the tested blocks.

Martinm210
09-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Glad to see the test. Still sorting through my supreme tests, but I can confirm that it doesn't matter with or without a backplate if pressure is the same, performance is the same with or without a backplate, and the supreme is a finicky block. Not only do you have to measure with calipers to ensure an even mounting pressure on all four corners, each block is different and prefers the inlet on one side or the other depending on the block.

I've tested two supremes and two GTZ's so far each test came up close to the previous block, but the supreme was wierd. One block preferred having the inlet on the left side and the other block preferred the right side.:shrug:

I agree on the quad midplate testing of the fuzion, I've seen a good degree loss in performance vs stock with my testing on the V2.

The GTZ and fuzion V2 win hands down for a simple, easy to use mounting system that ensures the block is square and even pressure applied, they also come with backplates.

The EK is however a very strong performer, but it really takes some mounting tinkering to figure out what the block likes best. You also need to buy a backplate, it should come with one IMHO.

In the end performance on all three of those blocks is stellar and as good as they come, some are definately easier to use though.