PDA

View Full Version : Owners of UFO, please help me a little

Gr8 Vivec
09-07-2008, 06:30 AM
Hi, I'm building my own case. It will look like U2 UFO. I'll use some parts from MM, like mobo tray, but I need to make sides first. So, if someone can measure a size of tray, I will trully appreciate it

NaeKuh
09-07-2008, 11:41 AM
lemme give you some advice.

Build a horrizon and not a u2.

Trust me on that.

Im sure you can find all the info on this site now:
http://www.mountainmods.com/

Here is the motherboard tray:
http://www.mountainmods.com/atx-black-powder-coat-removable-motherboard-tray-p-57.html

Back Dimensions - 8.75x13 inches

Gr8 Vivec
09-07-2008, 12:34 PM
sorry, I didn't specify exactly what I need.
I need measures of the hole for tray, i know the dimensions of the tray, but don't know the overlaps

and it will be horizon :) , not a cube, but tower, two 360 radiators in front mounted vertically, under them one 5-1/4inch
than horizontal mobo tray, psu along with another 240mm radiator and one fan for hdd will be under the tray
sides will be from 2mm alu, frame from steel (probably)
I'm currently making it in CAD, so I'll post it later;)

skinnee
09-07-2008, 02:14 PM
I measured mine from an Ascension, I'm 99% sure they're the same.

W- 8 3/8"
H- 13 3/4"

Screw holes are 1 3/8" in from the edge to the center of the hole.

MpG
09-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Interesting. On my own Horizon, the backplate holes aren't symmetrical to each other. From the bottom edge (horizontal tray, remember), the bottom holes are 31.6mm from the edge. From the top edge, the top holes are 34.8mm. Both are inset 3mm from the sides.

skinnee
09-08-2008, 05:57 AM
I may have screwed up...let me 2x check my measurements when I get home tonight.

Gr8 Vivec
09-08-2008, 08:38 AM
thanks for reply:up:
here is the final setup, total dimensions are 360x535x450mm (WxHxL)
top and sides are simple, I donť like flashy windows. Two rectangels at the bottom are for cd burners, blank space above the radiators is for on/off switches, fan regulators etc..

On the back, large rectangle is for removable mobo tray, the small one for removable bracket for psu, fan under the psu is for HDD's mountet on the MM HDD holders, spacing in front are for swiftech (already own one) while back is for thermochill PA 120.2 (also have one)

lets put some critique on it please!:)