PDA

View Full Version : MM Quad front, back and side panels

biggles1
09-06-2008, 07:18 AM
From MM

09.06.08: Quad radiator panels released! - Mountain Mods is releasing 3 new panels for the Ascension (and coming soon) Extension and Extended/Ascension series of cases. The side panel - Triple Quad allows for the mounting of up to 3 Quad radiators where space allows. The Front Panel - 720 Quad allows for the mounting of a single Quad radiator and two triple radiators. The Back Panel - Quad takes the standard back and loses a PSU port in favor of a Quad radiator mounting. All Quad mounts are applicable with Hardware Labs and Feser Quad radiators. The 720 Quad front has Swiftech/Hardware Labs spacing for the two triple rads. All of these panels are currently available for pre-order and should arrive in late September. Also note that all andozided Ascension cases are out of stock and a pre-order only. Some other Ascension parts are currently out of stock. Be sure to email or call in to inquire about existing stock prior to order. All pre-order parts are due late september.

Also coming soon for pre-orders

EXTENSION - Increases the depth of the U2-UFO and Ascension to 24 inches deep. The extension increases the valuable floor area inside the case for pump mounting and more room for things such as radiator shrouds and Mountain Mods 120mm HD brackets coupled with radiators etc.. Like the "Hyper Modular" U2-UFO that can easily be "Ascended" all "Hyper Modular" U2-UFO's and "Hyper Modular" Ascensions can be extended. For example an Extended/Ascension will give you a working platform of 24 inches tall, 24 inches deep, by 18 inches wide.

PEDESTAL - The Mountain Mods Pedestal acts as a separate chamber underneath your existing U2-UFO or Ascension. This under chamber will come with a variety of options for radiator mounting and additional 5.25 bays. This chamber is a perfect way to isolate the water cooling components from your valuable hardware or a great and easy way to introduce a phase changing solution into your cooling. The Pedestal can be stacked in multiples or the individual struts will allow you to use with U2-UFO or Ascensions for multiple stacking of U2-UFO's or Ascensions. Build your own tower of Babylon!

Utnorris
09-06-2008, 07:30 AM
So I am interested in the extension and how this will be accomplished. Do you have to buy all new panels except for the front and back parts? If so, wouldn't you basically be buying a new case? And the pedestal, how do will you be able to get the tubing from the bottom to the top? Can the pedestal be added to the top instead? It will be interesting to see how these all come out.

Utnorris

Herc130
09-06-2008, 07:32 AM
That case is getting smaller and smaller. Really sucks that you can't go horizontal mobo tray with it.

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/336/quadpanelsgo4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

DarthBeavis
09-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Holy crap . . .wtf Ben. you are violating all the laws of decency and causing use to delve into the darker sides of human nature! Three quads? Then you can have the back quad as well? Four quads in one rig? I am reporting this to the Department of Homeland Security . . .this is clear threat to national security!

**Note. Ben please try mounting the three rads in your shop before selling to make sure the center one fits ok. The center one was too tight in the Daywalker build when I used Black Ice GTX rads so you might want to add just a tad more spacing horizontally. Not much just a wee bit. I can say people were SO impressed with the cases! I can say (being a LONG term Mountain Mods owner . . .) that the Ascension truly does solve the few downsides of the non-modular UFOs and it just TOP NOTCH quality. I look forward to reading reviews of this case in upcoming printed publications . . .

RRR, you should frame the Ascension review when I comes out in print ;) Well, first send Ben a copy to sign then frame it.

Herc130
09-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Maybe they should just make it big enough to take 3 of these 126CFM 21db 360mm fans

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=327&products_id=24345

on each vertical panel, then design shrouds that attaches to the panel and funnel down or up to take whatever rad you want

DarthBeavis
09-06-2008, 07:47 AM
Maybe they should just make it big enough to take 3 of these 126CFM 21db 360mm fans

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=327&products_id=24345

on each vertical panel, then design shrouds that attaches to the panel and funnel down or up to take whatever rad you want

Guarantee those fans do not push enough air for the rads . . .

IanY
09-06-2008, 08:04 AM
hahaha.. the bigger they make the case, the more stuff you want to shove in, and thus the more cramp it gets lol :)

DarthBeavis
09-06-2008, 08:06 AM
hahaha.. the bigger they make the case, the more stuff you want to shove in, and thus the more cramp it gets lol :)

+1 . . .unlike women. You get them tighter pants then they just have to get more junk in the trunk to fill em . . .

Zaskar
09-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Ha just got that email too. Very interesting. Don't think id ever use the quad since these things have enough triple rad spots where you really don't need it compared to giving up expansion slots (as apposed top having the option for 1 triple or 1 quad rad on many cases), not to mention then being forced to mount the rads vertically, awesome if your going for the vertical backplate but for a horizontal mount thats would be hell to route.

The extension however is a very cool thing, did some measurements a few weeks ago on my ascension and if you want to use a full ATX motherboard like a Skulltrail or a similar next gen version if released, you would only have a few mm between the motherboard tray and the fans when using TC rads and 28mm fans (just enough space to fit, and you lose the ability to route wires or tubes through the gap between the mobo tray and front rads/fans). Now change those fans for 32mm fans like Sanyo Denki's or Deltas and you cant even fit it at all.

The Extension gives you the opportunity to get a Full ATX motherboard without giving up rad quality/fan quality and wire/tube routing possibilities.

As for the Pedestal, thats cool too, I imagine the way its made would be that the top of the Pedestal Replaces the bottom of your case, and it probably has many openings for tubes/wires (if its even closed at all)

IanY
09-06-2008, 11:17 AM
My question is whether Pedestals can be stacked and unified into a single frame (not just stacked on top of each other), and yet be modular with the main case.

I don't want the top of the Pedestal to be the floor of the main case. I don't want tops or floors. I want a unified case.

IanY
09-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Wished there were a quad fan Thermochill radiator.

IanY
09-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Too bad there aren't any quad fan Swiftech rads either. Those are much thinner and more space friendly. Good for a dozen of them in a AE+2*P24 :D

IanY
09-06-2008, 12:02 PM
IanY....

I might have to go to the DarkSide, once and once only...

(2) FESER 480 + (4) PA120.3

I have a sickness...

Yo R3... you can't do that!

Didn't you read? If you have a quad rad front, then you are stuck with BI/MCR spacing for your triples. So, you can't use Thermochills with Feser Quads... only Feser triples or BI GTX lol :)

Martinm210
09-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love big rads, it doesn't get better than that...:D

IanY
09-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Seems like the triple quad side cover will be great for building a pseudo German-style passive rad system using thin radiators like MCRs or BI GTs.

Zaskar
09-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Yo R3... you can't do that!

Didn't you read? If you have a quad rad front, then you are stuck with BI/MCR spacing for your triples. So, you can't use Thermochills with Feser Quads... only Feser triples or BI GTX lol :)

For an addition $60 (or whatever their custom charge for hole manipulation is) he could probably get it with TC spacing for the triples.

Though For a horizontal mobo tray I still think it would make tube routing really off if you have to mount the rads vertically, unless your using single pass radiators. Make sure that would all work out before you order that front panel.

DarthBeavis
09-06-2008, 01:29 PM
LOL. I read it... Just trust me...

Sure RRR is exalted enough to get some design charges waived ;) Being president of the fan club had benefits?
Oh, new Feser rads will have standard Black Ice fan spacing . . .FYI. At least according to good resources.

DarthBeavis
09-06-2008, 01:38 PM
I LOVE ME SOME MM...;)

RRR got the MM logo tattooed as his new tramp stamp on the lower part of his back ;) He even had the number 541.386.0086 right below it and an Ascension on each of his shoulders . . .

DarthBeavis
09-06-2008, 01:41 PM
LOL...:rofl:

I'll admit DB, that might be the only funny thing I've seen you post...:ROTF:

Sorry to disappoint, no tat's on R3...:up: I'm more presentable than that...:up:

Only shows when you wear hip huggers and hot pants . . .no biggie

IanY
09-06-2008, 02:05 PM
$2,000 for a Smooth Creations paint job? Pricey indeed.. Hmm

DarthBeavis
09-06-2008, 03:53 PM
$2,000 for a Smooth Creations paint job? Pricey indeed.. Hmm

??? Who brought up SC?

FuriousSalesman
09-06-2008, 05:12 PM
It even mentions that it has space for phase change cooling. I wonder what kind of setup you can fit with these mods.

I am seriously thinking of upgrading from my UFO Duality.

Does any know how to correctly use an ellipsis?

IanY
09-06-2008, 05:30 PM
??? Who brought up SC?

I did! Its under consideration.

Movieman
09-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Seems like the triple quad side cover will be great for building a pseudo German-style passive rad system using thin radiators like MCRs or BI GTs.

Ian:
I think you need the new custom MM 36..
Three feet in all measurements with room for 16- quad radiators!

(admit it, I got you going with this pile of BS I just wrote)

IanY
09-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Ian:
I think you need the new custom MM 36..
Three feet in all measurements with room for 16- quad radiators!

That'll be synonymous with the concept of qualifying for the "dog house." I prefer my bed to the couch, thank you. :clap:

DarthBeavis
09-06-2008, 07:27 PM
I did! Its under consideration.sweet!