PDA

View Full Version : RocketRaid 1640 problem - Need help

MrMacke
09-06-2008, 03:25 AM
Im gonna describe my problem for you.

I got this dell, Dimension 4400 (1,7ghz p4, 512mb ram, and gfx is some ati rage 3d)I had plans for this computer, big plans. I was gonna use it as a fileserver for all of my photos, but it only had one drive. So i figured id get a raid controler card and 2 sata drives (250gb Seagate) and do raid1. I installed ubuntu and did most of the configs a week ago and yesterday my RockerRaid 1640 arrived. I put it in the dell and woalla, i wuldnt boot :( so i put it in my gf's comp and it worked there :(. The problem is that it wont go past the big DELL logo at the start with the card in it. I can get ubuntu to boot, but it takes som time and the card is not recognised in anyway :(

This is my problem right now :(

Can anyone help me? ive been googeling for some time without an answer

Best regards
Mr Macke

xytrius
09-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Did you try the card on a different PCI slot on the Dell? What are the PSU specs on your computer and your gf’s?

MrMacke
09-07-2008, 02:23 AM
Did you try the card on a different PCI slot on the Dell? What are the PSU specs on your computer and your gf’s?
Thx for your answer :)

Yes i have tried every PCI slot on the motherboard :( Ive also ripped out the usb controler card, networkcard,the 2 satadrives and the cd :( Just to be sure on the power side :rolleyes: My gf got a 430w antec psu and the dell got a 250w dell psu
:shrug:
I dont belive its the power supply. Then it should have behaved diferent when i removed all the parts i mentioned above :yepp:

scottk
09-07-2008, 08:15 AM
If you can get into the card's bios (ctrl+h when u see the blue bios screen during boot) when it's installed in your gf's comp, see if there is a setting for EBDA and/or INT13. If there is, try disabling both, put the card back in the Dell and see if that works. Disabling INT13 will prevent you from booting off a drive connected to the card though.