PDA

View Full Version : Wii Connections

saveus222
09-02-2008, 03:17 AM
Hey,

my friends got this new WII and he wants to connect it to an LCD monitor.. he doestn have television :) so.. is there a way to do this without loosing quality ?? i dont even know what outs it has.. any help... :)

mpilchfamily
09-02-2008, 03:34 AM
Just the typical AV connections. If the monitor only has VGA or DVI then he'll have to get a converter box. Something onlong these lines.
http://www.junetrading.com/product_info.php?products_id=1006

Now there are a couple of things to consider. The image will be in a small box. The output resolution of the Wii is that of a standard TV. So no larger then 800x600. The monitor may scale it up which will make the picture qualtiy very poor. The Wii is not a high def system and deosn't support high resolutions. Its probably not worht the trouble. Another option is to use a capture card in the system. Then he can still use the PC and play the wii without switching inputs. But there is often a bit of lag accociated with the cards that can be a problem with consol gaming.

saveus222
09-02-2008, 04:13 AM
Just the typical AV connections. If the monitor only has VGA or DVI then he'll have to get a converter box. Something onlong these lines.
http://www.junetrading.com/product_info.php?products_id=1006

Now there are a couple of things to consider. The image will be in a small box. The output resolution of the Wii is that of a standard TV. So no larger then 800x600. The monitor may scale it up which will make the picture qualtiy very poor. The Wii is not a high def system and deosn't support high resolutions. Its probably not worht the trouble. Another option is to use a capture card in the system. Then he can still use the PC and play the wii without switching inputs. But there is often a bit of lag accociated with the cards that can be a problem with consol gaming.

Hey thanks man.. uve been of tremendous help :) yea i remember using capture cards with my PS2 and i think there was a lag.. but i guess thats the best option. Thanks anyways :D