PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Cellshock Blue and 1T (Fixed)

jonbass
09-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Hi!
It has been a while since i was here, but now i have assembled my Black Ops for some more overclocking.

So the first thing i did before i started running was flashing to BIOS G30 because of my 4870X2 cards and E8600CPU, but the problem started right away unfortunately.
I can’t get 1T to work, it doesn’t matter what timings, what divider etc etc I am using, the board just won’t let me get 1T. I have tried now for a couple of hours and am on my way to give up, so I thought I give one more try and see if someone here have any suggestions on how to fix this.

So my problem is that I can’t get 1T to work with the mobo, with 1T or Auto the results is 2T, with 2T also 2T. I have also tried many different kind of timings and dividers but so far nothing have helped me. Last time I used this mobo a couple of weeks ago then 1T was no problem, the only change made is a BIOS flash to g30 so I believe it have something to do with that.

The hardware I am using is Cellshock Blue 1866, Intel E8600, 4870X2, Silverstone Olympia 1000W.
Like I said, this hardware have worked fine with this mobo before.

I would very much appreciate some help, thanks in advance.

EDIT: 2 minutes after i wrote this thread the issue dissapeared :D :p:, i am not sure why or how. But i will see if i can figure out why this happend.

tripgood
09-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Hello jonbass,
I too have changed my cpu to e8600 with 4870x2. I did not experience any problems with the blue cellshocks. I updated to g30 to run crossfirex then changed the cpu and all settings came back with a couple of re-boots. The chip is fantastic! Running 4.75GHz with less than 1.4 volts! I will post screen shots on your bios thread when I get a chance.:D

Xello
09-02-2008, 07:05 AM
Bios G28 -> G29 contained some code for some new intel batch numbers, and G29 -> G30 was for the 4870X2 CF fix, according to shamino there was no changes relating to memory/overclock settings, etc.