PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

Privateer
07-25-2002, 02:22 PM
Can i have 2 P/c going into my NTL broadband Settop box,

Tweaked!
07-28-2002, 04:29 PM
You should be able to run your broadband into a router and from the router into each pc. You'll need to buy a router, I've got a basic Linksys 4 port router than supplies the internet to two pc's for me. It cost me around $75.00 for the router. (Don't remember the exact model #) And you'll need 1 nic card in each pc. They cost around $15.00 each. The router serves as one connection to the internet as well as provides a basic firewall to the rest of the world. Helps keep hackers out of your system. If you do get one, make sure you read the manual and change the admin password to your own when you get it setup. Otherwise, hackers will still be able to get through. I'd also recommend running at least the basic free version of Zonealarm on each pc for a little extra protection. Safety is always number one. You can acquire Zonealarm at Cnet.com. You internet provider will only see one connection from the router and should'nt question you about multiple pc's being connected to one line this way either. Setup is real easy and very self explanatory once you give it a try. So good luck! :D