PDA

View Full Version : Modded ASUS P5Q/Pro/Deluxe/Premium BIOS

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

hwarda
08-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Just a tip: check the bios file using EZ Flash in cmos setup.
It will show the date as CPUz screenshot above.

Don't worry of me making any changes.
I'm not as advance as Ket and I don't even know what to do to bios file except flashing them. :D :D

Oki
08-12-2009, 04:49 PM
I'll be posting up a modded M2F BIOS soon :up: I know its not a P5Q board so I'm straying a little.. but technically I'm not "cheating". It still uses the P45 chipset :D

ED - Here it is. M2F 2104m (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OAMXMN84)

Hey mister, could you engage your fingers and willness for some M2G board : ))))

I would be more than thankfull.:up:

lexus232
08-13-2009, 03:07 AM
Just a tip: check the bios file using EZ Flash in cmos setup.
It will show the date as CPUz screenshot above.

EZ also shown 13/04/2009, don't know why. I flashed 1406m, now testing it.

Gaul
08-19-2009, 09:46 AM
I'll be posting up a modded M2F BIOS soon :up: I know its not a P5Q board so I'm straying a little.. but technically I'm not "cheating". It still uses the P45 chipset :D

which for ? pro/deluxe/____ ???

Leeghoofd
08-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Maximus 2 Formula Gaul, not a P5Q series board

Gaul
08-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Maximus 2 Formula Gaul, not a P5Q series board

ohhh ic...ic thanx alot m8 :up:
almost i'll flash to asus p5q :rofl:

davidkozat
08-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Hiya guy am gonna try a mBios just for fun to see if is more stable???!! whats the latest bios you have for the P5Q Deluxe...? thanks guys ill report back...

Ket
08-21-2009, 05:33 AM
See 1st post on page 1....

Ket
08-21-2009, 05:37 AM
Once I find a few minutes this post will be updated with download links for every P5Q Series BIOS Asus have released as well as a few easy to use modding tools. I personally feel this series cannot be taken any further even with modded BIOSes, but I do know there are a few of you out there trying to backwardly engineer Single Link Arch BIOS (SLAB) modules to work with P5Qs and P5Q Pros, so maybe these BIOSes and tools will be of use to those of you trying the SLAB route.

AFUDOS 2.11 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6PGWR19I): This particular afudos is rare, it has no checks in place so you can flash any AMI BIOS, to any board. I recommend using these switches when using the flasher; /PBNC /N

AMI BCP v3.13 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C5HHYJLQ) Use this to snoop around a AMI BIOS and change various values / options. Does not work with modified AMI BIOS files.

MMTOOL v3.22 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3ULKDFZQ) This handy utility can extract and replace most AMI BIOS modules, useful for splicing in modules from different BIOSes.

IDA Free 4.9 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=948NSQLG) Very good program for complex BIOS modding, I could never get it working with modern BIOSes.

All P5Q Series BIOSes Asus have released (excluding BETAs) (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VE1CWKTZ) There it is, all offical BIOSes Asus have released as well as a few pre-extracted modules and some QVL lists.

Dionysos
08-21-2009, 09:32 AM
Thanks a lot, Mr. BIOS! :bows:

davidkozat
08-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Chears Mr Bios LOL

Ket
08-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Some links are up, rest will follow soon.

rolla
08-22-2009, 05:58 AM
Is it possible change the boot logo with something else? If yes how can i do it?

humeyboy
08-22-2009, 08:11 AM

I'm now on the newer Bios but it adds nothing for me.

Can you please give a little info to what's different in your MF II Modded Bios (I will try it anyhow)

Ket
08-24-2009, 05:49 AM
Link will be added in a few mins for P5Q Series BIOSes. This is me done at this point in time with BIOS modding for these boards. I will have one final parting gift though, a modded Maximus 2 Formula and Rampage Formula BIOS.

humeyboy
08-24-2009, 06:46 AM
Hmm, You gave us a 2104 Modded MF II above no ?

Are you meaning the newer build ?

Why you stopping modding, time or lack of appreciation ?

Again can we get a little info to what's change so (I) can look forward to testing that aspect over Asus POS bios. ;)

chenxuwen
09-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Dear Ket,

Your ideas are awesome!!! This idea actually help me to stable 8GB ram to work in DDR1000 with no overvoltaging on my P5Q-PRO.
However, I have a few questions to discuss.

1.I tried reaplcing only the memory table in the P5Q-PRO 2102 bios by the one in the P5Q PRO TURBO, but it doesn't work, the memory has all kinds of errors in MemTest 86+. However, with the CPU table from P5Q-Premium, everything works. Lower voltage (1.35->1.30) for my E7200 to go up to 3.8GHz, every voltages else stays in lowest possible.
So it seems to me the only thing matters is the P6 micro code. But I didn't bother to test. What do you think?

2. I also integrated the Intel 8.9.0.1023 raid rom and Marvell L72E to the BIOS. (Of course, SLIC...too). Do you think you would put in this two features in your next modified version?

3. I am thinking about transplanting this method to P5Q3, the P6 micro code will be from P5Q3 Deluxe which has the same P6 micro code as P5Q Premium. However, I am not sure about the memory table. It looks like to me, P5P43TD PRO has got a large table of DDR3 1600. But I am not sure about using a P43 table in P45. It acutally worked out. P5Q3 now supports G.Skill DDR3 1600 4GB pack. What do you think?

4. I just bought a Q8400. I am very impressed by your result shown here http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ighlight=Q8400
Could you tell me how to archive that? For example, memory voltage, nb voltage, vtt voltage, cpu reference... Do I need to adjust pull-ins?

Thank very much for bring us such a great idea!!!! You are awesome, Mr. Bios!!

chenxuwen
09-05-2009, 11:23 AM
As a gift to everyone, these are the P5Q PRO and P5Q3 bioses talked about before.
http://drop.io/qhzxs3r
With, SLIC 2.1 and newest Intel Raid Rom and add-on rom.
Guys, please hail Mr. Bios. Though it's modded by me, it's all his idea.
He's awesome.

Ket
09-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Theres only certain tools I have at my disposal for carrying out BIOS hacks. Why some memory tables worked for you and others didn't I'm not too sure. From testing I done however its a good idea to avoid memory tables in the P5Q Premium BIOSes past 1406. Asus done something to the memory table beyond BIOS 1406 that basically cut out a lot of memory support it seems. Also, your link for the modded BIOSes doesn't seem to contain any link to DL them, upload them to megaupload :up: If enough people are interested I'll consider opening up the can of worms again and perhaps with a combined effort we can make one super BIOS, I'd still like to figure out a way to backwardly engineer a P5Q Premium SLAB module and make it work with the P5Q\Pro\-E and Deluxe boards.

chenxuwen
09-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Theres only certain tools I have at my disposal for carrying out BIOS hacks. Why some memory tables worked for you and others didn't I'm not too sure. From testing I done however its a good idea to avoid memory tables in the P5Q Premium BIOSes past 1406. Asus done something to the memory table beyond BIOS 1406 that basically cut out a lot of memory support it seems. Also, your link for the modded BIOSes doesn't seem to contain any link to DL them, upload them to megaupload :up: If enough people are interested I'll consider opening up the can of worms again and perhaps with a combined effort we can make one super BIOS, I'd still like to figure out a way to backwardly engineer a P5Q Premium SLAB module and make it work with the P5Q\Pro\-E and Deluxe boards.

Now it's on megaupload.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WMLU0J2X

I want to do it certainly. I don't know why it's so bad to overclock quad cores.
How is your overclocking with quad cores?

Ket
09-16-2009, 11:35 AM
I can OC well with my quad, it'll do 480+ FSB, but its only stable to about 460. I get mysterious memory errors beyond 460 that theres apparently no solution for, quite annoying really.

chenxuwen
09-16-2009, 07:31 PM
I can OC well with my quad, it'll do 480+ FSB, but its only stable to about 460. I get mysterious memory errors beyond 460 that theres apparently no solution for, quite annoying really.

How are your VTT and North Bridge settings?

I am using 0.63x, VTT1.44V 1.35V core to stable a Q9550 at 450FSB to get 3.8G. 475FSB yields tons of errors in memory. Counting so many people reach more than 4G stable in quad cores, I feel really disappointed.

Increasing NB voltage can not really get the FSB higher, this is so weird.

P5Q-RPO overclocks E8X00, E7X00 and E5X00 very easily. 50% is usually for sure at 1.35V.

I RMAed my Q8400 because it can't even stable at 425MHz FSB.

As X-Bitlabs tested P5Q3-Deluxe and P5Q-PRO, they can't go beyond 460MHz. And P5Q3-DELUXE is 16 phases!

How about your P5Q PRO TURBO?

chenxuwen
09-16-2009, 07:34 PM

Also, the NB is really hot. The mosfets are really cold. I wonder one thing, whether the 4 phases without heatsinks actually working, because I put my hands there many times right after burning the computer, and they are so surprisely cool that I can't feel anything!

Do you think improving NB heatsink can earn some FSB boosting?

Ket
09-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Decent NB cooling may help, but I put a 40mm fan on top of my NB and it gets barely warm but 460 is still about its wall.

mrosen
09-28-2009, 06:40 AM
If anyone is interested, i´ve modded the original Asus P5Q Pro Turbo Bios 0602 with the Intel Raid Rom 8.9.0.1023.
Working like a charm since over 2 weeks.
Feel free to modify it!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I9KS04TW

chenxuwen
09-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Decent NB cooling may help, but I put a 40mm fan on top of my NB and it gets barely warm but 460 is still about its wall.

Ket. It's very interesting that my motherboard temp reduced 10 degree after a 1 hour prime 95 stressing by only put a heatsink on the mofsets. But I havn't check whether it increases OC power though.

Ket
09-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Seems like theres a lot of people still wanting to mod for these boards. Anyone who is drop me a PM, perhaps we can get some organisation by splitting into different departments then coming up with a "final build" combining all the goodness of our works. :up:

truehighroller
09-30-2009, 08:45 AM
I miss you man, you should try modding the GA-UD3 mother board BIOSes as ell. I am sitting at 495 x 8.5 4.2GHz!!!! @ 1.312v~ right now with my Q9550 and man is it sweet being able to crank up the FSB on this board. Any way miss ya man, in a none gay way. :p:

Soilworker
10-01-2009, 06:51 AM
Heya!

My computer have been kinda unstable with clocks that was fine before since I switched to the new bios 2101. So I thought I would give Kets bios a go since they seem to be so popular :)

I installed 2101m with afudos but I still think its the old one from Asus still in there. When I check the bios date in CpuZ it says 04/06/2009 like before and thats not right is it?

What did I miss?

edit: Still have the same old boot-logo aswell and since you wrote in the first post you changed it I guess thats a sign thats something is wrong aswell :)

edit2: The commands I used in dos was "c:\>afu236u /i2101.ROM" (I renamed p5q e 2101m.rom) and when it said update completed, restart your computer. I turned it off and went through the list:

1. Shutdown system
2. Remove power cord
3. Set CMOS jumper to "clear"
4. Remove CMOS battery
5. Push power button 3 time and hold for a few seconds (discharges any stagnant electricity)
6. Leave for 2 mins

Ket
10-01-2009, 05:41 PM
I miss you man, you should try modding the GA-UD3 mother board BIOSes as ell. I am sitting at 495 x 8.5 4.2GHz!!!! @ 1.312v~ right now with my Q9550 and man is it sweet being able to crank up the FSB on this board. Any way miss ya man, in a none gay way. :p:

lol :D I'll probably mod BIOS code again, but only for boards that deserve a good BIOS ;) I have other projects atm like mustering enough up to FINALLY finish my TK stalker shoc mod. Its the best mod there is by far, I just haven't pimped it nowhere near enough.

Heya!

My computer have been kinda unstable with clocks that was fine before since I switched to the new bios 2101. So I thought I would give Kets bios a go since they seem to be so popular :)

I installed 2101m with afudos but I still think its the old one from Asus still in there. When I check the bios date in CpuZ it says 04/06/2009 like before and thats not right is it?

What did I miss?

edit: Still have the same old boot-logo aswell and since you wrote in the first post you changed it I guess thats a sign thats something is wrong aswell :)

edit2: The commands I used in dos was "c:\>afu236u /i2101.ROM" (I renamed p5q e 2101m.rom) and when it said update completed, restart your computer. I turned it off and went through the list:

1. Shutdown system
2. Remove power cord
3. Set CMOS jumper to "clear"
4. Remove CMOS battery
5. Push power button 3 time and hold for a few seconds (discharges any stagnant electricity)
6. Leave for 2 mins

I stopped changing the boot logo some time ago. A lot of people were saying they could never see the new logo.

-n7-
10-01-2009, 08:31 PM
I stopped changing the boot logo some time ago. A lot of people were saying they could never see the new logo.

Yeah with all the ones i tried it never appeared for me. :confused:

Ket
10-03-2009, 03:30 PM
I still don't know why most people couldn't see the new logo. Its always worked fine for me :/ oh well. I think I may have one last look at squeezing more out of the P5Q Series and then that really will be it. After careful study of the design of the boards, I don't see why most boards can't do 500FSB or better with quads. I must be missing something obvious :eh:

truehighroller
10-03-2009, 04:31 PM
I still don't know why most people couldn't see the new logo. Its always worked fine for me :/ oh well. I think I may have one last look at squeezing more out of the P5Q Series and then that really will be it. After careful study of the design of the boards, I don't see why most boards can't do 500FSB or better with quads. I must be missing something obvious :eh:

I think it is just limitations of the board and the way it is laidout or built. Or, the chipsets were crappy ones. UD3 P45 boards aren't having any issues, what is different between those and these?

chenxuwen
10-06-2009, 06:40 AM

So. what's your idea? I can take care of the SLIC and addon roms.

Btw, do you have the method to let P5Q PRO adjust Vtt separately for each core?

mrosen
10-09-2009, 09:45 PM
As you can see above i´ve updated the original Asus P5Q Pro Turbo Bios 0602 with the Intel Raid Rom 8.9.0.1023 and the JMB368 Option Rom 1.07.11.

Feel free to modify it, but please post your versions here ;-)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NDSSOXEV

EL RICHARDO
10-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Hi! Can anyone send me this BIOS please? I don't find it... Thanks in advance.

Ket
10-13-2009, 05:40 PM
I think it is just limitations of the board and the way it is laidout or built. Or, the chipsets were crappy ones. UD3 P45 boards aren't having any issues, what is different between those and these?

None, from what I can tell. Both are made to very high standards. Good news is after a lot of work (but still WIP) I got a BIOS modded and my Q8400 is currently sitting on 481FSB for a grand total of 3.6GHz and memory of 1156MHz :cool:

So. what's your idea? I can take care of the SLIC and addon roms.

Btw, do you have the method to let P5Q PRO adjust Vtt separately for each core?

To adjust VTT individually, I'm pretty sure that all boils down to backwardly engineering a P5Q Premium SLAB module to work with a P5Q Pro / Turbo etc. The P5Q-P SLAB module would have to be customised for every other P5Q series board. In the case of the SLAB module, "one size fits all" is not the case unfortunately.

chenxuwen
10-18-2009, 08:42 AM
None, from what I can tell. Both are made to very high standards. Good news is after a lot of work (but still WIP) I got a BIOS modded and my Q8400 is currently sitting on 481FSB for a grand total of 3.6GHz and memory of 1156MHz :cool:

To adjust VTT individually, I'm pretty sure that all boils down to backwardly engineering a P5Q Premium SLAB module to work with a P5Q Pro / Turbo etc. The P5Q-P SLAB module would have to be customised for every other P5Q series board. In the case of the SLAB module, "one size fits all" is not the case unfortunately.

This is a nice news. What's the idea?

Ket
10-18-2009, 04:27 PM
No idea in that way. Backwardly engineering a SLAB module is time consuming, and risky. You effectively have to splice most of the module about leaving just the AI tweaker stuff in tact. I would stick my neck out and say its entirely possible to backwardly engineer a SLAB module. However, you have to change too much within the module to really make it a viable option imo.

Gaul
10-19-2009, 03:30 AM
last 2102 on P5Q , any new one ? :)

LuckMan212
10-19-2009, 04:32 AM
this thread is a little bit of a mess--- can someone point me to the correct link for the current/latest KET v2102 modded bios for the P5Q PRO? thanks

edit: i flashed this bios:

"p5q pro 2102m.rom"
date: 7.11.2009
crc-32: 3c06fdab

but, I also found another bios in the "P5Q Series mBIOSes.rar" collection, with a different CRC and a date of 5.14.2009 :shrug: which one to use??

Ket
10-21-2009, 08:14 AM
I don't know why one BIOS has a later date stamp than the other. Both modified versions use the same base code.. so at a guess maybe asus made a late change and didn't bother changing the revision.. or maybe someone uploaded the beta to the asus servers instead of the official. I did have to re-download some BIOSes cos I deleted the original code reckoning I was done with it.

LuckMan212
10-21-2009, 09:18 AM
so ..... which one should I use? again, this thread needs a sticky at the top with links to the "real" ket bios. Because so many have hacked and modded this bios, its a mess and because they are all on rapidshare, its hard to know the "real" one.

Ket
10-21-2009, 09:36 AM
My mBIOSes are on the first page and are on megaupload only ;) I can't guarantee any others hosting the files are the same as mine.

BababooeyHTJ
10-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Anyone try out this new EFI bios (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=4073916&postcount=5914)? :confused:

Ket
10-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Why change what ain't broke? I have nothing against EFI, heard about it some 5+ years ago. I just don't see any real point in it apart from it looks more "flashy". Besides that, the more complex you make something the easier it breaks....

BababooeyHTJ
10-22-2009, 01:56 AM
Why change what ain't broke? I have nothing against EFI, heard about it some 5+ years ago. I just don't see any real point in it apart from it looks more "flashy". Besides that, the more complex you make something the easier it breaks....

I just don't understand the point myself.

Ket
10-22-2009, 06:21 AM
Hidden behind all the guff of EFI is one main point: They just want the "new BIOS" to look pretty. All the features talked about with EFI can, and mostly have, been introduced into the "classic" BIOS.

chenxuwen
10-22-2009, 03:31 PM
No idea in that way. Backwardly engineering a SLAB module is time consuming, and risky. You effectively have to splice most of the module about leaving just the AI tweaker stuff in tact. I would stick my neck out and say its entirely possible to backwardly engineer a SLAB module. However, you have to change too much within the module to really make it a viable option imo.

I was wondering what's the new idea to get 481FSB.
Maybe we can think about it together.

chenxuwen
10-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Hidden behind all the guff of EFI is one main point: They just want the "new BIOS" to look pretty. All the features talked about with EFI can, and mostly have, been introduced into the "classic" BIOS.

I want EFI very badly. It can boot from GPT. That's the point!

Ket
10-23-2009, 02:58 AM
Can boot to GPT? Erm.. GPT stands for General Purpose Technology. In that regard intel are talking about the EFI communicating with the GPT within the system. In other words they put a fancy spin\term on what the BIOS currently does; which is talk to all the other hardware within the system. So again I have t fall back on all intel want is for the EFI to replace a BIOS so it looks pretty :p:

LuckMan212
10-23-2009, 04:26 AM
I don't know why one BIOS has a later date stamp than the other.

they DONT have later date stamps-- both of them have the same "internal" date stamp which is sometime in Feb 2009. The thing is the FILE ITSELF has different modification dates. They also have different CRC-32 and different sizes.

Both of them are named "p5q 2102m.rom" but we have:
File #1: 717,749 bytes, CRC:93af9d34, modified date 5/14/09
File #2: 713,378 bytes, CRC:3c06fdab, modified date 7/11/09

BOTH of these come directly from the download links in your sticky post. I am just asking you which one of these is the correct one to use. I am assuming that I should use the File#2 since it has a more recent date. Right??? :shrug:

Ket
10-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Ah, now that makes more sence. One has a different date from the other because I released 2 different versions, one uses a different P6 and memory table to the other, so their both "right". Just 2 different flavours of the same thing :up:

*GiZmO*
10-26-2009, 12:03 PM
Could someone post a link for asus p5q deluxe 1406m bios,or send it via mail?

Zjukov88
10-27-2009, 12:52 AM

I wonder what the WiP bios is? I am using your m2102 bios on my P5Q Pro to overclock my Q8300. But sadly enough I'm stuck at 455FSB.
A couple of weeks ago I bought some OZC 1150mhz memory sticks to replace my Corsair 800mhz sticks but sadly enough it didn't help me at all. I'm still stuck at 455FSB.
The problem I'm having is that if I go over 455FSB> Blend fails on the first 2 cores within seconds but the other two cores runs just fine.
I can pass 12hours with small FFT @ 467FSB with quite high Volts but Large FFT and Blend fails within seconds.
Maybe the problem is that on the P5Q Pro you can't adjust the GTL reference on the NB and only a overall adjustment on the CPU GTL?
Any help would be appreciated!
Even if I do know that I won't really notice those +200mhz it's always fun to see how far you can push your CPU and memory :)

Ket
10-27-2009, 09:08 AM
A better test to try would be REAL games. If your system doesn't crash with hours of gaming, video encoding, etc, then your fine. I've seen completely stock systems fail P95, OCCT etc instantly, but of course, the systems run absolutely fine gaming, encoding etc.

Zjukov88
10-27-2009, 09:35 AM
A better test to try would be REAL games. If your system doesn't crash with hours of gaming, video encoding, etc, then your fine. I've seen completely stock systems fail P95, OCCT etc instantly, but of course, the systems run absolutely fine gaming, encoding etc.

Well maybe you are right, I can pass 25runs LinX with max mem too so I'm quite perplexed why it should Blend of all things.

EDIT:

Maybe you Ket would be so nice to post your settings of getting to 481FSB?
Maybe it would be a good starting point to move me from my current position :)

humeyboy
10-27-2009, 09:47 AM
I can pass Prime/Intel burn above 475FSB sometimes (random) but fails every time on Prototype game.

It all depends what part of the CPU is been used, ie the 3d Part for gaming.

Ket
10-28-2009, 07:03 AM
Well maybe you are right, I can pass 25runs LinX with max mem too so I'm quite perplexed why it should Blend of all things.

EDIT:

Maybe you Ket would be so nice to post your settings of getting to 481FSB?
Maybe it would be a good starting point to move me from my current position :)

GTL .63
NB 1.4v
PLL 1.54v

Thats all I need

Zjukov88
10-28-2009, 10:15 AM
GTL .63
NB 1.4v
PLL 1.54v

Thats all I need

Wow that's amazing!
And you use the same 2102m bios as in your packs?
Maybe it's just that the Q8300 has a limit at 455FSB stable on the P5Q Pro :(

chenxuwen
10-29-2009, 07:57 PM
GTL .63
NB 1.4v
PLL 1.54v

Thats all I need

Don't you think CPU Volatge is too high? >1.3625V

Zjukov88
10-30-2009, 01:43 AM

Well if you google max CPU Volt for 45nm CPU's you will see that Intel recommends the 1.3625V limit.
But it seems that people have tested the 45nm CPU's and confirmed that the ABSOLUTE max is 1.45V.
It all depends on how much you feel is "to much" and how long you plan to use your OC rigg.
I for one will not be able to by a new computer before I have finished my studies (in like 3 years) so I follow the recommendations from Intel.
Currently I'm at 1.304v during load (LLC enabled) with my 455FSB*7.5 OC.

Ket
10-30-2009, 04:55 AM
Wow that's amazing!
And you use the same 2102m bios as in your packs?
Maybe it's just that the Q8300 has a limit at 455FSB stable on the P5Q Pro :(

Not quite, my 2102m is special ;)

I didn't give my CPU volts :p: though on my P5Q Pro for 480FSB I need 1.475v BIOS set, which in actuality is around 1.45v.

Ket
10-30-2009, 05:01 AM
Some of you have been requesting it for some time, and as my P5Q Pro died for absolutely no reason I figured fusk it, so I went and bought a Maximus 2 Formula :D Which means everybody who has wanted me to deadicate some time for a modded M2F BIOS will soon get one :up: My M2F should arrive tomorrow or monday, I'll need a few days of fiddling to get a feel for things, and after that I'll see what I can do.

For anyone wondering, the M2F seems to havew a rather universal stable FSB limit of around 500-540MHz. With some splicing around here and there, lets see if I can get it up to 580MHz.

Zjukov88
10-30-2009, 05:15 AM
Not quite, my 2102m is special ;)

Hehe figured as much, maybe you could upload it to Megaupload or something like that so I could try it out (if it wouldn't be to much trouble of course) :)

Sorry to hear about your P5Q Pro biting the dust :(

humeyboy
10-30-2009, 05:31 AM
Some of you have been requesting it for some time, and as my P5Q Pro died for absolutely no reason I figured fusk it, so I went and bought a Maximus 2 Formula :D Which means everybody who has wanted me to deadicate some time for a modded M2F BIOS will soon get one :up: My M2F should arrive tomorrow or monday, I'll need a few days of fiddling to get a feel for things, and after that I'll see what I can do.

For anyone wondering, the M2F seems to havew a rather universal stable FSB limit of around 500-540MHz. With some splicing around here and there, lets see if I can get it up to 580MHz.

Cool, 600FSB IMO would be easy on a Dual (I was at 1175 due to Memory not doing 1200mhz) as the Memory support is very lacking.

But your in for a MAX 475FSB stable on a Quad, any more and its not worth the extra voltage and it will not get much higher period.

I hope you (should be by now) get a A3 NB (I have A2).

Ket
10-30-2009, 05:46 AM
Hehe figured as much, maybe you could upload it to Megaupload or something like that so I could try it out (if it wouldn't be to much trouble of course) :)

Sorry to hear about your P5Q Pro biting the dust :(

I'll email you it when my PC is revived :up:

Cool, 600FSB IMO would be easy on a Dual (I was at 1175 due to Memory not doing 1200mhz) as the Memory support is very lacking.

But your in for a MAX 475FSB stable on a Quad, any more and its not worth the extra voltage and it will not get much higher period.

I hope you (should be by now) get a A3 NB (I have A2).

I hope its A3, once I was done tweaking even my Pro got to 481FSB, so I'm expecting the same or better from the M2F.

Zjukov88
10-30-2009, 05:55 AM
I'll email you it when my PC is revived :up:

Thank you very much, I really appreciate that!
Just send a PM or something when you get your computer running again :)

Ket
10-30-2009, 10:48 AM
Will do :up: Just can't wait for my M2F to arrive so I can play games again :D Who knows, my CPU might even break its current top speed which is 3.6GHz with the Pro. I'm not holding my breath though.

In-Fluence
10-30-2009, 11:35 AM
I reckon you stand a good chance of getting an A3 now, most users seem to have A2, but The last 2 I had were both A3 which were both in the space of about 4 months. Whilst I was waiting for my second to arrive, I plonked a P5Q-D in my rig and got just as far with that as the MIIF, but not quite so good with the memory.

Will look forward to seeing what you can do with the bios (and your board :)).

Ket
10-30-2009, 04:45 PM
I'm optimistically hopeful for something like 500x7.5. That way I can run 1200MHz on my memory an basically max FSB, CPU and RAM out :)

Zjukov88
10-31-2009, 01:52 AM
Will do :up: Just can't wait for my M2F to arrive so I can play games again :D Who knows, my CPU might even break its current top speed which is 3.6GHz with the Pro. I'm not holding my breath though.

Hehe I feel for you man, Dragon Age comes out on the third so I would be pretty mad if my computer went and died on me now :ROTF:
Maybe when the 775 boards go for penny's I too will upgrade to a better board but for now I just want to see how much I can push out of my P5Q Pro :)

Ket
10-31-2009, 03:21 AM
The Pro is a great board, I just looked at the M2F and figured hell with it, for another £30 or so may as well go with the M2F. Last ROG board I had took a lot of abuse from me and it was still rock stable :p:

Zjukov88
10-31-2009, 04:21 AM
The Pro is a great board, I just looked at the M2F and figured hell with it, for another £30 or so may as well go with the M2F. Last ROG board I had took a lot of abuse from me and it was still rock stable :p:

I agree, this is my first OC computer that I have put together and the P5Q Pro board is an excellent OC board for beginners.

truehighroller
10-31-2009, 05:44 AM

Don't forget now that Asus, after the 0803 screwed up Prime95 with there BIOSes up until I pointed out the issues to their team and they fixed it on 1406. I think that they started missing what ever it was that they missed at the before mentioned BIOSes again at a certain point because I started noticing issues on mine similar to the issues before that I pointed out to them, after going away from the 1406 BIOS. I think the next step up from 1406 was what 17xx.. That was actually on their site that is. The issue has probably been brought back in to the picture some how.

Ket
11-01-2009, 08:04 AM
I'll try their newest BIOS and If I get probs I'll roll back to 1406 :up:

truehighroller
11-01-2009, 11:35 AM
I'll try their newest BIOS and If I get probs I'll roll back to 1406 :up:

If you think about it even deeper, if Prime95 has been screwed up again by what ever it is they fixed in 1406, what else is screwed up that you can't really spot?? Are you losing floating point performace or percision?? :shrug:

Ket
11-02-2009, 02:43 AM
That is something that would require me to take a in depth look it.. but if this board causes me trouble its going to be a £140 clay pidgeon made subject to my CO2 pistol :p:

Ket
11-02-2009, 06:15 AM
OK! After about 3.5hrs of faffing around I just turned the M2F on :D I dunno if anyone has heard but the rumors about asus not paying too much attention to construction quality of the stupidly huge heatpipe pinfin assembly is not unfounded. While dismantling the assembly I was greeted with;

- Fine metal filings falling off into my lap. God knows how much damage they could of done to the system had they fell onto the board powered up!
- Copper plates were hideously dirty. Have some metal polish handy.
- Thermal compound used while looking quite good stuff, was just kinda dolloped on.
- One of the heatpipes being held by some kind of white epoxy has partially broken away, not sure how this will hinder it.
- NO backplates on the reverse of the board to prevent the PCB warping. I had hoped so far down the line asus would of seen the light on this, apparently not.

Be sure you don't miss to take off the heatsinks screwed down to the assembly itself, they will need attention too. Overall, not the kind of quality I expect from a £120 mobo :down: Its just a good job I shopped around and found it for £120 +p&p instead of the average I found it for which was £145 +p&p. Anyway, negatives aside, now the assembly is sorted out I have good confidence it cools the components its responsible for well. Props to asus for managing to keep the BIOS pre-installed up to date. I was expecting it to be 2-3 revisions behind, but nope, bang up to date :up:

Zjukov88
11-02-2009, 07:33 AM
Good that the new board works for you.
Lets see if you can get to 500FSB with the Q8400 :)

Ket
11-02-2009, 11:57 AM
We will see. Right now I'm just monitoring temps. Without a small 40mm fan mounted NB and SB temps are 46 and 48c respectively. With a small 40mm fan those temps drop to 38 and 41c respectively. Not too bad I suppose. The M2F manual doesn't say, nor does a google search turn much up so maybe someone knows. Is it possible to use the black PCI-E slot with any other devices and not just the included SupremeFX board? Looks like it but I don't want to just put my Xonar in there.

humeyboy
11-02-2009, 02:06 PM
YES, treat any of the slots as PCI-E slots, none are specific for Sound or GPU's.

If it fits in the slot it will actually run.

Someone here tried to tell me the included Sound Card will not run in the other non Black Slot but I know for a fact it will.

It was a different story on one of the other older ROG's (cannot remember if it was the 680I or Crosshair) but the little Top Black slot was upside down so only the included Asus Sound Card could be use in it. (hope you know what I mean).

I have had the Sound card in the bottom Blue PCI-E card but I was only messing about as I have a PCI X-FI and I know peeps who have used that top slot for other PCI-E devices (TV card etc).

I must have got lucky with my later Rev 2 Mobo (heatpipes fitted better than 1st batches).

My temps are high 30's or low 40's (dependant on voltage and load).

Think I seen 50's with summer heat or winter+central heating on when I was pumping higher voltage trying to get 5000FSB.

I really hope you get 500FSB (not just game (3D)stable) but your looking at a lot of luck TBH.

Ket
11-02-2009, 02:42 PM

Zjukov88
11-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Sounds great, lets see later this week if your WiP bios helps me get away from my current 455FSB hell :D

-n7-
11-02-2009, 11:47 PM
So you gonna mod the new EFI BIOS they just released for the P5Q-D? ;)

Ket
11-03-2009, 03:26 AM
EFI BIOSes require a whole new set of tools, which I don't have... yet. Hopefully asus release AFI BIOSes for all of their P45 based mobos onward, wouldn't make much sense just doing it for the Deluxe.

hagar-dunor
11-04-2009, 10:30 AM
I'm new on the forum so first of all hi everyone. I've been using 2101m for P5Q-E for a few weeks now and reporting good results so far. I've been unable to go above ~420 FSB on original 2101, I could reach 447 with modded that brings my Q9550 to 3.8 GHz so I'm quite happy with it. Oddly I had to change the dram skews to reach stability. However I'm struggling to set 5:6 on my ram, running sync for now. 5:6 doesn't seem stable whatever the settings, still searching what is holding it.

A little off topic : I don't understand that need for EFI "bios". In the end it will only bring you various locks (DRM, certificates, and other "trusted" BS) behind some eyecandy. Linus on EFI (http://kerneltrap.org/node/6884). We're beginning to see that trend with the SLIC, no surprise to see MS promoting EFI... I have no problem for MS selling you windows and locking the "bios" as long as you agree to pay for this, but I have a problem when it comes to free software. "Oh sorry, the EFI board didn't received your licence fee for this year, so your OS won't be able to access the hardware". Sure there will be hacks, but you can rely on them to make it harder. And you're asking for it ? Seriously, go buy a mac and leave my old-fashioned bios on my PC :)

Cheers

Ket
11-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Tell us all your hardware specs.

hagar-dunor
11-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Hardware is P5Q-E, NB vA2, Q9550 E0, Gskill PC8500 PK 2GB*2, 8800 GTX, 2*150 GB Raptors, Agility 120 GB SSD, Seasonic S12 550W.

Actually I've reached stability, 6+ hours prime95 blend stable, failing around 4 hours before. Had to tune NB GTL and ram voltage. Anyway for the records here are my bios settings for those with similar or same setup.

CPU Ratio 8.5
FSB 447
PCI-E 101
FSB Strap 333
DRAM Freq 1074

Dram Clk Skew A1 +100ps
Dram Clk Skew B1 +100ps

tCL 5
tRCD 5
tRP 5
tRAS 15
tRRD 4
tRPC 70
tRTP 4
tRTW 8

Ai Clk Twist Moderate
CPL 8
Pull Ins All Phases Enabled

vCPU 1.225
CPU GTL 0/2 0.67
CPU GTL 1/3 0.67
vPLL 1.56
vFSB 1.22
vDRAM 2.0
vNB 1.18
NB GTL 0.66
vSB 1.1
vPCI-E 1.5

LLC Enabled
CPU Margin Optimized

All other settings auto.

kemopots
11-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Thank goodness I found this forum! I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out a work-around for an ASUS P5QL-VM EPU MB out of an ASUS CM5570 Machine. The MB is restricted and won't let me flash to an actual P5QL-VM EPU BIOS. The P5QL designation is printed on the board, but the POST screen lists it as CM5570.

I am just going to throw caution to the wind and flash with the mBIOS provided, but if anyone has any suggestions or experience with this CM5570 board, any input would be appreciated although by the time any input is provided my MB may well be bricked.:)

Thanks.

kemopots
11-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Alright, I have tried my best to flash the bios. I continue to get an incompatible ROM ID message from the utility. Is there some way to work around this or am I stuck with this extremely limited bios Asus is providing? A few pertinent details:

Asus p5ql-vm epu CM5570 motherboard. Current Bios is 0301, no options for overclocking, no fan speed controls, pretty much as bad as a Dell laptop bios.

What I have tried:
- 1st I tried to flash with the p5qlvm-epu bios from Asus but that returned an incompatible ROM ID error.
- 2nd I tried to flash with the p5qlvm-epu 301mbios.ROM from Ket provided so generously. Same error.
- I attempted both flashes with the EZ flash utiility.
- I have been unsuccessful with running a different flash utility. I have a floppy drive but the MB doesn't have a FDD header.
- I am running Ubuntu 9.10 32-bit.
- I have DOS on a USB drive.

Am I stuck with this Bios until I ditch the board or is there another option?

Thanks.

kemopots
11-24-2009, 10:41 AM
At the risk of looking desperate, I am posting for a third time in a row.

Having had no success on flashing my Asus OEM board with an mBios and having received no advice or suggestion from the community I have attempted the following:
I tried to mod my own bios using a hex editor and mmTool v. 3.12. I was able to successfully open both the CM5570 Bios v. 3.01 and Ket's mBios v. 3.01. I placed the ROM ID from the CM5570 Bios provided by Asus into Ket's mBios in an attempt to fool the computer, but the computer is no fool. I tried to utilize the AMIBCP tool(s) on the CM5570 Bios in an attempt to unlock any hidden/locked options. I was thwarted by each version of AMIBCP I tried to use. v. 7.60.04 would not recognize my bios file to open it. v. 2.42 would not install/execute properly on my 32-bit XP Dell. v. 3.13 installed and executed but crashed when I attempted to load any bios to it.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, I do not give up easily. I have not broken down to the point where I will order a Bios chip off of eBay. I have access to an ePROM programmer and may try to upload Ket's bios onto another IC and swap that IC in for the 8-dip IC on the CM5570/P5QL-VM EPU. As usual, I would appreciate any input or suggestions.

slideways666
11-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Well here is a question for you guys..

I just upgraded to w7-64... All works great except on wake from sleep.. If i go in and race and run laps after A wake-- i get stutters... If i do a fresh start--- i get no stutters.... Do think this could be a bios thing? Im running 1406m right now... Works great on my xp system... Butttt would like to get my w7 stutter free...

All my drivers are up to date-- and i have also tried older gpu drivers.. chipset is up to date.. Truned off search sync--- along with played with the power settings... Yet every time i wake from sleep-- stutters-- any time i reboot-- no stutters...

I come and go from my computer throughout the day-- so reboots every time just isnt realistic...

Any thoughts?

kemopots
12-02-2009, 11:46 PM
I just upgraded to w7-64... All works great except on wake from sleep..

Do think this could be a bios thing? Im running 1406m right now... Works great on my xp system...

I guess it could be a bios thing. It could be a lot of other things as well.

Just a couple of quick questions, have you installed any other software other than win7 onto your machine since the upgrade? Have you taken a look at your system resources usage before sleep compared to after sleep to see if there is a resources hog issue? What software do you have running when your system goes into sleep mode? Does it happen when you have no non-OS software running before entering sleep mode? Have you tried to boot your computer with the minimal amount of drivers and auto-start software and then immediately after the OS boots, enter into sleep mode prior to opening anything else?

Which power settings did you play with, the settings in the BIOS, the settings in the OS, or both? What are the details of your hardware setup? What version of XP were you using, 32-bit or 64-bit? When you say sleep, do you mean Standby, Hibernate, Suspend or something else altogether?

Is there a particular reason you think it might be the bios and not something else?

chenxuwen
12-10-2009, 05:03 AM
Hi I am sharing my new P5Q PRO mod

http://www.mediafire.com/?ug2wjrtanzn

with P5Q PREMIUM CPUID, P5Q PRO TURBO Memory Table, Intel 8.9.1.1002, MARVELL L72, AlienWare SLIC 2.1.

I am currently running this mod. No problems so far. But I will continue testing. It's true that the higher the raid bios version become, the faster the raid array is.

qwato
12-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Hey Ket,

I want to thank you for all these great modded bios's for all the people you've shared. I've used the 2102 modded bios for mine Asus P5q-pro and could stable overclock my setup to 4.05 Ghz from 3.85 Ghz using a Q9550.

I tried for a year long getting passed the 3.85 Ghz but to no succes until I tried your latest modded bios and didn't give up finding a sweet spot to run my system stable testing it with IntelBurnTest running it on 32-bit and 64-bit.

My bios settings for the people with more or less the same setup:

CPU Ratio 8.5
FSB 471
PCI-E 100
FSB Strap 400
DRAM Freq 942

Dram Clk Skew CPU normal
Dram Clk Skew NB normal

tCL 5
tRCD 5
tRP 5
tRAS 15
tRRD auto
tRPC 55
tRTP auto
tRTW auto

Ai Clk Twist Light (stronger resulted in errors in WinXp and Windows 7)
CPL 14 (Higher settings is maybe better for higher FSB bus and vica versa)
Pull Ins All Phases Disabled (Enabling all phases or some needed more volt to CPU to get it stable)
Memory OC. Charger Enabled (Disabling this option gave me errors running IntelBurnTest)

vCPU 1.35125
CPU GTL 0.61x
vPLL 1.52
vFSB 1.30
vDRAM 2.08
vNB 1.40
vSB 1.20
vPCI-E 1.60

LLC Enabled
CPU Margin Compatible

If anyone wants to ask me a question regarding to overclocking please Pm me and maybe I can help with a similar setup like I've.

Btw I read somewhere trough this thread that some people have trouble flashing back to their old bios, because Asus disabled this option. Luckily there is a special flash.exe which makes it still possible to revert back to your old bios if that was more succesful.
To flash back to your old bios you need to startup in DOS, than you put this flash.exe and your older bios on the same disk and type the command A:\afu236u /i[filename].rom press enter and than the flashing begins. After it's done restart your computer.

Link flash.exe: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G1HUOT8B

Good Luck all!

Snowman89
12-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Need some help choosing bios. I need a bios that will make my cpu go the highest, dont care about memory speed or anything like that but i need raw mhz, if it makes my board push the cpu 1fsb more i need it :) Its going into a p5q pro :)
Also, i dont need stable speed but pure suicide :) Running a E2160 @ 3850 atm

qwato
12-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Need some help choosing bios. I need a bios that will make my cpu go the highest, dont care about memory speed or anything like that but i need raw mhz, if it makes my board push the cpu 1fsb more i need it :) Its going into a p5q pro :)
Also, i dont need stable speed but pure suicide :) Running a E2160 @ 3850 atm

Hi Snowman, I think the 1613 bios version may be the best version for you, because before I had a dual core processor namely the e8400 and I reached a fsb bus of 480 Mhz with the highest cpu ration 9.0. But sometimes every system is a little bit different so you should try on your system which bios gets for you the best results.

Smeg
12-29-2009, 11:05 AM
I know this quite an old thread and you've moved on; but I have an ASUS P5QC that I would like to keep a bit longer. Will any of your modded BIOS work with this board? I don't see it specifically listed? Thanks in advance

grox
01-03-2010, 01:07 AM

with P5Q PREMIUM CPUID, P5Q PRO TURBO Memory Table, Intel 8.9.1.1002, MARVELL L72, AlienWare SLIC 2.1.

I am currently running this mod. No problems so far. But I will continue testing. It's true that the higher the raid bios version become, the faster the raid array is.

Used your BIOS for some days now, I can get my Q9550 to 3.2 Ghz on a P5q PRO with only 1.1 Vcore! This is a good bios. Any progress made on this Bios? Or is this the 'final' version???

jason1112
01-03-2010, 03:38 AM
Hi ket, it's possible mod the last bios 2301 for the p5q deluxe, please?
Thank you so much and sorry for my english

Black_Lava
01-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Hello Ket. Great thanks for the modded BIOS, with that my PC can start on 500x8&450x9, but i cannot get it stable (with BIOS from asus.com system not start with overcklock more than 30%) :( Have you any idea what i'm doing wrong?
Intel C2DE8400
Cooler Master Hyper 212
ASUS P5Q Pro
Kingston KHX8500D2K2/2G X2
Thermaltake Toughpower 650Wt
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
-------------------------------
BIOS setup:
CPU Ratio: 9.0
FSB Frequency: 400
FSB Strap to NB: 400
DRAM Frequency: 1066
DRAM Timing Control:
1st Information: 5-5-5-15
2nd Information: auto
3rd Information: auto
DRAM Static Read Control: Enabled
DRAM Read Training: Enabled
MEM. OC Charger: Enabled
Ai Clock Twister: Stronger
Common Performance Level: 7 (все "Pull-In of CHA/B" enabled - почти PL = 6)
SB Voltage: 1.10в
PCIE SATA Voltage: 1.50в
CPU Voltage: 1.2250в
NB Voltage: 1.24в
DRAM Voltage: 1.90в
CPU GTL Reference: 0.63x
CPU PLL Voltage: 1,50в
FSB Termination Voltage: 1.24в
Load-Line Calibration: Enabled
PCIE,CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
NB,CPU Clock Skew: Normal
CPU Margin Enhancement: Performance Mode
C1E Support: Disabled
Max CPUID Value Limit: Disabled
Intel Virtualization Tech: Enabled
CPU TM Function: Disabled
Execute Disable Bit: Disabled

That settings always stable. For overcklock cpu to 4Ghz+ i'v tried settings like that:

CPU Ratio: 8.0/8.5 for FSB 500/9.0 for FSB 450
FSB Frequency: 500/450
FSB Strap to NB: 400
DRAM Frequency: 1000(when fsb 500)/900 (when fsb 450)
DRAM Timing Control:
1st Information: 5-5-5-15
2nd Information: auto
3rd Information: auto
DRAM Static Read Control: Disabled
DRAM Read Training: Disabled
MEM. OC Charger: Enabled
Ai Clock Twister: Strong/Moderate/Light
Common Performance Level: 10-13
SB Voltage: 1.20в
PCIE SATA Voltage: 1.50в
CPU Voltage: 1.26250в-1.40000
NB Voltage: 1.24в-1.36
DRAM Voltage: 1.90в-2.2
CPU GTL Reference: 0.63x
CPU PLL Voltage: 1,50в-1.56
FSB Termination Voltage: 1.24в-1.36
Load-Line Calibration: Enabled
PCIE,CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
NB,CPU Clock Skew: Normal
CPU Margin Enhancement: Performance Mode/Optimized
C1E Support: Disabled
Max CPUID Value Limit: Disabled
Intel Virtualization Tech: Enabled
CPU TM Function: Disabled
Execute Disable Bit: Disabled

chenxuwen
01-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Used your BIOS for some days now, I can get my Q9550 to 3.2 Ghz on a P5q PRO with only 1.1 Vcore! This is a good bios. Any progress made on this Bios? Or is this the 'final' version???

I'm testing sth new. But not fully understand yet.

grox
01-04-2010, 09:55 PM
I'm testing sth new. But not fully understand yet.

Great to hear you're working on it!!!
What does this mean? sth?
Little update, I want to get a so low possible Vcore, not @ 1,075V. Stable @ 3.2 Ghz. Memory @800Mhz, 1.9 Volt

Smeg
01-07-2010, 09:17 AM
I know this quite an old thread and you've moved on; but I have an ASUS P5QC that I would like to keep a bit longer. Will any of your modded BIOS work with this board? I don't see it specifically listed? Thanks in advance

Could someone please take 30 seconds to tell me if if one of these will work or not?

Leeghoofd
01-07-2010, 09:43 AM
How can we know ? unless someone tries it mate, I wouldn't mix different P5QX versions at all.... unless your board has got a dual bios (so you can revert back to the original) I would give it a shot, if you got only one bios chip leave it alone...

Smeg
01-07-2010, 10:17 AM
OK let's approach it from this angle. Since the main difference appears to be the memory table;can I just use a basic Hex editor and take one of the other modded BIOS and replace the memory table with an original portion?

P.S. if you don't know then don't respond;it's more directed at the modding author. Pardon the earlier poorly worded post.

Zjukov88
01-08-2010, 03:03 AM
Does anybody know how to change the NB GTL Reference on the P5Q-Pro?
Maybe some program that can help me out?
Because I'm stuck at a FSB Wall and no matter what (ie even with insane volts) I can't get my CPU (Q8300) stable at over 455FSB>.
It's always Core 3 that fails so it's a great shame that one can't change more GTL References in the Pro Bios :(

chenxuwen
01-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Great to hear you're working on it!!!
What does this mean? sth?
Little update, I want to get a so low possible Vcore, not @ 1,075V. Stable @ 3.2 Ghz. Memory @800Mhz, 1.9 Volt

Well, I integrated the Maximus II Formula MEMORY TABLE.
It works and give 475FSB in the same setting I reach 450, prime 95 small FFT stable.
But it's not stable in ram stressing.

chenxuwen
01-09-2010, 09:03 AM
Does anybody know how to change the NB GTL Reference on the P5Q-Pro?
Maybe some program that can help me out?
Because I'm stuck at a FSB Wall and no matter what (ie even with insane volts) I can't get my CPU (Q8300) stable at over 455FSB>.
It's always Core 3 that fails so it's a great shame that one can't change more GTL References in the Pro Bios :(

Please read my earlier posts. P5Q series has huge problems pushing quad core to any FSB more than 450. The current idea is integrating the Maximus Formula II memory table. But it's not ram stable.
Though it passes 4 x 32M pi on my PC at 475*8.5 (Q9550)

chenxuwen
01-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Could someone please take 30 seconds to tell me if if one of these will work or not?

Hi here is the mod you requested. P5QC 2103 MOD.
http://www.multiupload.com/YVE4GNBDPB

I mod it with P5Q PREMIUM CPUID, INTEL RAID ROM 8.9.1.1002, MARVELL L72, and Alienware SLIC 2.1.

Since your board supports both DDR2 and DDR3. There is no upper board(premium or deluxe) level memory table for you. So I didn't change it and I think this is the reason that Ket didn't do it.

In my exprience with P5Q RPO and P5Q3, CPU ID matters way more in CPU overclocking. You should be able to get a better overclocking or a lower voltage. In fact, you might even get a better memory result, but not sure.

I don't have a P5QC. I just did it in the exact way I did it on P5Q PRO and P5Q3. So please test it and tell me how it went.

Zjukov88
01-10-2010, 03:38 AM
Please read my earlier posts. P5Q series has huge problems pushing quad core to any FSB more than 450. The current idea is integrating the Maximus Formula II memory table. But it's not ram stable.
Though it passes 4 x 32M pi on my PC at 475*8.5 (Q9550)

Okay then, if you could somehow mod in the memory table maybe I too could reach those settings, the best I have come up with is 12h small fft and 25rounds of max test with IBT @ 467FSB.
But as you say Blend fails at once.

Keep up the good work, it's much appreciated!

megatron
01-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Was just about to install a ket p5q deluxe bios but I notice it is 2Mb, and floppy is 1.44Mb. Strange I have not noticed anything about this before, the official bios are 1.18Mb.

Smeg
01-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Hi here is the mod you requested. P5QC 2103 MOD.
http://www.multiupload.com/YVE4GNBDPB

I mod it with P5Q PREMIUM CPUID, INTEL RAID ROM 8.9.1.1002, MARVELL L72, and Alienware SLIC 2.1.

Since your board supports both DDR2 and DDR3. There is no upper board(premium or deluxe) level memory table for you. So I didn't change it and I think this is the reason that Ket didn't do it.

In my exprience with P5Q RPO and P5Q3, CPU ID matters way more in CPU overclocking. You should be able to get a better overclocking or a lower voltage. In fact, you might even get a better memory result, but not sure.

I don't have a P5QC. I just did it in the exact way I did it on P5Q PRO and P5Q3. So please test it and tell me how it went.

Thank you very much! This works nicely and indeed results in a good stable voltage reduction. This is with an E8400 @4.00 Gig 1.35625 from prior 1.3750 This was leaving everything else as it was set with the non-modded BIOS. I'll tweak the memory later and re-test.

fishpro619
01-12-2010, 06:57 PM
evening all! No to sound like putz, bur can anyone mod me the 1702 bios for the P5Q3 deluxe. I really would like to get the stability and Vcore voltages you all are getting. If it isn't possible, no worries, Thanks. If u need the file pm me. Here is the link to the asus site.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

chenxuwen
01-14-2010, 08:35 AM
evening all! No to sound like putz, bur can anyone mod me the 1702 bios for the P5Q3 deluxe. I really would like to get the stability and Vcore voltages you all are getting. If it isn't possible, no worries, Thanks. If u need the file pm me. Here is the link to the asus site.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

This is the modded P5Q3 Deluxe 2105
http://www.multiupload.com/N7M2XPOROP

I mod it with P43TDP PRO Memory Table 0501, INTEL RAID ROM 8.9.1.1002, MARVELL L72, and Alienware SLIC 2.1.

Since your has the same CPU id as P5Q Premium. There is no upper better CPUID for you. So I didn't change it and I think this is the reason that Ket didn't do it.

In my exprience with P5Q3, it doesn't support G.Skill DDR3 1600 memory to work even with DDR3 1333. After putting in P43TDP PRO Memory Table, it can work on DDR3 1600.
So you should be able to get a better memory clocking and compatible. But I doubt you will get a better CPU voltage.

The others are component upgrades.

Please test it and tell me how you like it.

chenxuwen
01-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Was just about to install a ket p5q deluxe bios but I notice it is 2Mb, and floppy is 1.44Mb. Strange I have not noticed anything about this before, the official bios are 1.18Mb.

You can use USB drive to upgrade the bios. Please read instructions inside your bios.

I don't think the original is 1.18mb. They are all 2MB after unzip or unrar.

chenxuwen
01-14-2010, 08:46 AM

Here is a modded P5Q Deluxe 2301.
http://www.multiupload.com/BCN076R1YI

Bascially the comment I made on # 2116 about P5Q3 Deluxe applies. Except that this time the memory table is P5Q Pro Turbo 0602.

Note: Make sure your bios is not EFI before using it. There are two versions of P5Q Deluxe.

megatron
01-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Thx for modding it for me. I am running 2201 the shipping bios (which I think is not EFI). I just replaced my PSU a enermax 500w liberty which was a bit long in the tooth, I was unstable at stock. I have a Corsair hx850 installed now and at stock have not reset or hard locked.

I will have a go at overclocking with my current bios first. However I have read posts saying that bios 1406 (enhances compatability with yorkfield c1 cpu) is the best bios although he was running a2 rather than a3 chipset revision.

Would you think it likely that this previous bios could be better than latest for overclocking or was it just an old post?

fishpro619
01-15-2010, 11:49 PM
Thanks chenxuwen, going to install and run it on my desktop. on my lappy write now so i'll keep you posted if anything strange arises.

megatron
01-19-2010, 04:19 PM

Bascially the comment I made on # 2116 about P5Q3 Deluxe applies. Except that this time the memory table is P5Q Pro Turbo 0602.

Note: Make sure your bios is not EFI before using it. There are two versions of P5Q Deluxe.

I loaded your bios. I can't verify its made any difference as I found my previous OC on official 2201 was unstable. I have just upped the vcore now with this new bios after it rebooted too. I haven't gone past 3.8Ghz apart from booting into windows at 4Ghz for a short time.

I noticed that setting 1.3825v in bios results in 1.35 idle in cpu-z and without LLC enabled it goes to 1.3v on load. I don't think the other bios was any different.

Thinking about it, would a new memory table help me? I have crucial ballistix micron d9s 16FD5 so its really old memory. I could understand if there was some newer memory which was tweaked, although I'm just guessing about what the actually tweak in the memory tables.

Sorry for not being a better beta tester, I just want to get comfortable and confident of my overclock before testing more. It is still cold here too and I want my 24/7 overclock to be stable all year round. Plus I don't want my crucial ballistix to be RMA'ed because I don't know what I will receive back, probably RAM not as overclockable. I have a proheim megaheim and a 120mm focused on the RAM, so I hope its safe.

FYI 4 dimms was not stable with 1.28v NB but is with 1.36v NB @ 450 5:6 333strap (only settings I tested)

Smeg
01-28-2010, 04:45 AM
Just a quick update: After tweaking the skew Timings a little bit I've gotten my E8400 to a stable 4.15 GHz with this P5Q-C BIOS...thanks again chenxuwen.... nice work.

hotwheelx
01-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Im stuck at 4,2GHz with Asus P5Q Deluxe board... No much change if try play 1,488V or 1,496V.. Orthos got error very soon and then too CPU Volt raises upper to +1,5V (CPUZ)

C2D E7400 (2,8GHz) Stepping A Rev. R0

So i think can it be up to Bios? Im just played with new bios what can get from Asus.

I Think this cpu is very hunggryyy but anyway its cool ( not yet over 60C at load, and running air cooled )... Doesnt you have deleted this cpu´s info from this bios because first problem with this board was too old bios and i upgraded it with Pentium 4 HT.

Sorry for laziness. With AsRock and P4 it was up to bios but could it be better with this system if i put that mod bios in? Im used hours for most little volt without losing MHz... gonna test this but worried that one yours dead Asus. :=

CPU skew:
NB Skew:
^Very rarely using those but can those help me a lot? What are others used for those?
Edit: CPU skew and NB skew got for good but need raise volts a little bit to get it stable. Maybe after when got this stable will test mod bios.

Edit2: Damn this bios is good. +++ for you. Not yet tested higher but feels good. 8)

chenxuwen
01-31-2010, 06:34 AM
Just a quick update: After tweaking the skew Timings a little bit I've gotten my E8400 to a stable 4.15 GHz with this P5Q-C BIOS...thanks again chenxuwen.... nice work.

Nice to hear that. You are welcomed!

chenxuwen
01-31-2010, 06:38 AM
Im stuck at 4,2GHz with Asus P5Q Deluxe board... No much change if try play 1,488V or 1,496V.. Orthos got error very soon and then too CPU Volt raises upper to +1,5V (CPUZ)

C2D E7400 (2,8GHz) Stepping A Rev. R0

So i think can it be up to Bios? Im just played with new bios what can get from Asus.

I Think this cpu is very hunggryyy but anyway its cool ( not yet over 60C at load, and running air cooled )... Doesnt you have deleted this cpu´s info from this bios because first problem with this board was too old bios and i upgraded it with Pentium 4 HT.

Sorry for laziness. With AsRock and P4 it was up to bios but could it be better with this system if i put that mod bios in? Im used hours for most little volt without losing MHz... gonna test this but worried that one yours dead Asus. :=

CPU skew:
NB Skew:
^Very rarely using those but can those help me a lot? What are others used for those?
Edit: CPU skew and NB skew got for good but need raise volts a little bit to get it stable. Maybe after when got this stable will test mod bios.

Edit2: Damn this bios is good. +++ for you. Not yet tested higher but feels good. 8)

I think your CPU Cores are already pretty hot!!! Tell you what, I had a E7200 with IHS removed and a TT120 oced to 3.8GHz at 1.35V, it reaches 90 celius in core temp. I think you shall try boosting the FSB and lowering the multiplier to get a better perfomance instead.
Anything higher than 1.40V is really dangerous for air cooling. To see core temp, use coretemp.

chenxuwen
01-31-2010, 06:40 AM
I loaded your bios. I can't verify its made any difference as I found my previous OC on official 2201 was unstable. I have just upped the vcore now with this new bios after it rebooted too. I haven't gone past 3.8Ghz apart from booting into windows at 4Ghz for a short time.

I noticed that setting 1.3825v in bios results in 1.35 idle in cpu-z and without LLC enabled it goes to 1.3v on load. I don't think the other bios was any different.

Thinking about it, would a new memory table help me? I have crucial ballistix micron d9s 16FD5 so its really old memory. I could understand if there was some newer memory which was tweaked, although I'm just guessing about what the actually tweak in the memory tables.

Sorry for not being a better beta tester, I just want to get comfortable and confident of my overclock before testing more. It is still cold here too and I want my 24/7 overclock to be stable all year round. Plus I don't want my crucial ballistix to be RMA'ed because I don't know what I will receive back, probably RAM not as overclockable. I have a proheim megaheim and a 120mm focused on the RAM, so I hope its safe.

FYI 4 dimms was not stable with 1.28v NB but is with 1.36v NB @ 450 5:6 333strap (only settings I tested)

Interesting, on my P5Q PRO, I can't increase any volt on NB otherwise unstable. In fact I reached 450FSB on 1.10V NB with my Q9550. Try to tweak the mem parameter to SPD or EPP, make sure they are the sane as the official setting.

hotwheelx
02-01-2010, 10:06 AM
I think your CPU Cores are already pretty hot!!! Tell you what, I had a E7200 with IHS removed and a TT120 oced to 3.8GHz at 1.35V, it reaches 90 celius in core temp. I think you shall try boosting the FSB and lowering the multiplier to get a better perfomance instead.
Anything higher than 1.40V is really dangerous for air cooling. To see core temp, use coretemp.
No they aren´t. Same result with CoreTemp like others. I´ll maybe put a Thermometer for looking temps to very close of cpu. But its got at +1,5V over 75C... before i had MSI and i runned even on 1,64V... The Heatspreader is grinded and Tuniq Tower´s bottom as too. I got some +10C lower temps.

This like volts as drunk alcoholic.

Now i restarted overclocking from 3,2GHz and looking most lowest volts without losing stable of cpu. 1,240V @ 3,2GHz ... 5h Orthos blend... now need restart pc and put again 0,008V lower volt and come back 8) if its gonna change behavior of this cpu and if i learn somenthing how to get stable...

And try very well that lower multiplier, it worked last time with MSI. (x10,5->x9,5)
E: I give at +4,1GHz speed last time some 1,3V to NB. I try too does need raise them so much anymore.
Edit4: 3267MHz @ 1,232V ~>
Edit5: 3609MHz @ 1,296V (lots of hours and tweaking for getting stable but finally it is stable) ~>

chenxuwen
02-04-2010, 06:21 AM
No they aren´t. Same result with CoreTemp like others. I´ll maybe put a Thermometer for looking temps to very close of cpu. But its got at +1,5V over 75C... before i had MSI and i runned even on 1,64V... The Heatspreader is grinded and Tuniq Tower´s bottom as too. I got some +10C lower temps.

This like volts as drunk alcoholic.

Now i restarted overclocking from 3,2GHz and looking most lowest volts without losing stable of cpu. 1,240V @ 3,2GHz ... 5h Orthos blend... now need restart pc and put again 0,008V lower volt and come back 8) if its gonna change behavior of this cpu and if i learn somenthing how to get stable...

And try very well that lower multiplier, it worked last time with MSI. (x10,5->x9,5)
E: I give at +4,1GHz speed last time some 1,3V to NB. I try too does need raise them so much anymore.
Edit4: 3267MHz @ 1,232V ~>

I guess R0 stepping helped quite a bit. I also lapped my TT120. I noticed a 3 degree lower.

Ket
02-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Dang this thread is still going? :eek:

ED - maybe I shuldnt of saind anything... probably going to get loads of PMs and questions in the thread to answer now :p:

secretworld
03-19-2010, 06:43 AM
Interesting, on my P5Q PRO, I can't increase any volt on NB otherwise unstable. In fact I reached 450FSB on 1.10V NB with my Q9550. Try to tweak the mem parameter to SPD or EPP, make sure they are the sane as the official setting.
Very late reaction.
I think you are wrong about this...(sorry;)), but the lowest setting is the same as auto on a P5Q (checked with voltmeters, not by me, is in the main P5Q deluxe thread) and the P5Q gives very high voltages on auto if you overclock, that's why raising the voltage a little fails (you are running high and now lowering). If you still use this mobo, raise the voltages until you are stable, that will be much lower then on auto or the lowest setting. 100% sure, after I did this my NB was much cooler, which was to hot to touch. Same goes for all voltages except pcie and southbridge voltages, which you can leave on auto.
And OMG even memory is overvolted by 0.08V always. I can run my corsairs on 2.02 instead of 2.1.

Alexwai
03-23-2010, 07:40 AM
Can Anyone host to other site other than Megaupload? I don't know why this site always show "This service is temporarily not available from your service area." when I am trying to download the mBIOS.

xplane1
03-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Can Anyone host to other site other than Megaupload? I don't know why this site always show "This service is temporarily not available from your service area." when I am trying to download the mBIOS.

Here you go:
http://rapidshare.com/files/367443805/P5Q_mbios.zip

Alexwai
03-24-2010, 01:45 AM
Here you go:
http://rapidshare.com/files/367443805/P5Q_mbios.zip

Thanks xplane1

marciboy030
03-26-2010, 04:35 AM
Hello folks...
i want to know if i get some benefits with this bios and a p5q premium? I can't find any post of another p5q premium user... is there someone who can tell me?

Best regards

Frook
03-27-2010, 01:51 AM
So, im having issues booting into windows @ 4.5GHz with an E8400 E0... Tried all the way up to 1.5v but it still bluescreens me 2sec after windows bootup logo >.<

All done with 1.5 vCore:

500x9 = fail
517x8.5 = works.. but only for fast benching..
520x8.5 = nope.. same as 500x9 :(

Tried increasing NB voltage but its the same there... Running Dominator 1066MHz memorys so its not a memory issue (yet)..

Using P5Q Deluxe and 1406 official bios.
Think a Ket bios would help out ? I'm not asking for 100% stability with 500x9 or anything.. But maybe it will increase my chance on benching stable trough atleast a vantage run + a screenshot for hwbot :P

marciboy030
04-02-2010, 12:45 AM
Hello, me again...
can someone create a mod bios for my p5q premium with the newest official bios, the newest tables and firmwares for intel raid controller and so on?
It would be very nice. ..

Best regards.

Prema
04-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Hello, me again...
can someone create a mod bios for my p5q premium with the newest official bios, the newest tables and firmwares for intel raid controller and so on?
It would be very nice. ..

Best regards.

Second that for the regular P5Q. New Bios came on 11th march.
Revision is:

P5Q BIOS 2208 >>> http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=P5Q&f_name=P5Q-ASUS-2208.zip

THX :rolleyes:

shebu_18
04-12-2010, 11:26 PM
Hi, i flashed your bios on my deluxe. It worked great. Could you put mode dividers for memory frequensy? If i have ram at 800mhz and fsb at 400Mhz the lowest divider is 1:1, if i go over 400Mhz FSB then it could happen that i can't start the system.

Thanks, great work!

Ket
04-15-2010, 04:54 AM
For anyone that missed the post, I'm not modding P5Q Series BIOSes anymore. It only ever started as a temporary fix for the piss poor memory support asus had for the lower end P5Qs such as the vanilla model and Pro. Theres a post in here somewhere where you can download a bunch of tools an stuff I use. This thread is more like a archived source of knowledge these days, although, if anyone wants to update SATA ROMs and such for a Maximus 2 Formula, I have enough time to play guinepig (I'm looking at you chenxuwen :p: )

Rael
04-16-2010, 01:01 AM

I would try to make my old P5Q PRO work with more than 6gb of RAM (had no luck so far) but the link is broken... :(

mrosen
04-19-2010, 08:30 AM
As you can see above i´ve updated the original Asus P5Q Pro Turbo Bios 0602 with the Intel Raid Rom 9.6.0.1014 and the JMB368 Option Rom 1.07.11.

http://rapidshare.com/files/377705385/new.rom

norain
04-20-2010, 08:03 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how to get the audio to work on my X-Fi Xtreme Music. It installs just fine but the volume is low. I'm wondering if it's a bios issue? Anybody else had any problems with the bios and the X-Fi cards?

Ket
04-21-2010, 05:14 AM
The "X-Fi" is not a true X-Fi, its actually a ADI2000B audio CODEC with the software layer of the X-Fi to make it look prettier. Personally, I like the generic ADI drivers better, not only because they work better IMO, but also because I'm all for anything that helps kill Creative off as their by far the most piss-poor audio vendor I've ever known.

Good audio solutions:

ADI 1988B CODEC
ADI 2000B CODEC
VIA audio chipsets (Particularly the Oxygen audio chipset)
Asus Xonar audio cards (Uses Oxygen audio chip)
A few others you can't get easily anymore, so I won't list them

Bad audio solutions:

Realtek (unless you mess with the equalizer, in which case its kinda good)
Anything Creative has had a hand in.

grox
04-22-2010, 11:26 AM
As you can see above i´ve updated the original Asus P5Q Pro Turbo Bios 0602 with the Intel Raid Rom 9.6.0.1014 and the JMB368 Option Rom 1.07.11.

Is there a possibility to add also for P5Q BIOS 2208, the SLIC2.1 to the BIOS??? Using the 2102 now and it is very stable!! Or no need to update because not much has changed???

Dillmiester
05-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Could someone explain to me how to add the intel raid rom and jmb368 rom with a p5q vanilla? Im running the mbios 2102 and would like mod the 2208 to retain all the features of the 2102 mbios. I cant find any guides on how to use MMtool and AMIBCP any help would be greatly appreciated.

jason1112
05-12-2010, 03:21 AM

hey, hi can you reup this good bios?
and with this bios can i use ddr3?

thank you thank you

jason1112
05-12-2010, 03:59 AM

hi. 2 questions:
with this bios can i use ddr3?

and second, is it possible to have this bios without slic table 2,1?

Thanks

jason1112
05-12-2010, 04:04 AM
I would try to make my old P5Q PRO work with more than 6gb of RAM (had no luck so far) but the link is broken... :(

True, i've ask for reup..

jason1112
05-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Hi to all, i have understand like extract and substitute the module raid for sata v8 and the Lo72 raid and memory table with mmtools and the bios works well,,

but the question is: for cpuid what is the modules? thanks..

jason1112
05-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Ehi guys, only the last, the cpuid in that way can i change?

Thanks, the rest works..

jason1112
05-15-2010, 02:54 PM
up

The cpuid in which way can be changed? Thanks

chenxuwen
05-16-2010, 05:04 AM
OKAY, I'll upload the new version of it tonight.

jason1112
05-16-2010, 06:03 AM
chenxuwen hi, i have understand how mod my bios for asus p5q deluxe,, i insert slic asus, memory table from rampage extreme, L73 (i don't use raid 0), intel raid for sata 9.6 (i don't use lan boot rom), image oem change, etc.. and the bios works amazing, prime 95 9 hours + super pi for 4 cores with trivial kingston stable to 858MHz 5-5-5-15 only with this memory table...

The problem is: i have also a p5q, in which way i can the cpuid for this mobo with that of p5q premium or also my deluxe? This, which is the module to change with mmtool?

Thanks

Sorry for my english

jason1112
05-16-2010, 03:30 PM
up
for cpuid?

jason1112
05-18-2010, 07:36 PM
up for change cpuid please, only this ...

Ket
05-21-2010, 04:08 AM
Bump because everybody seems to love this thread still.. but seriously guys, your flogging a dead horse now everything that can be done for the P5Q series HAS been done.

Ket
05-21-2010, 05:17 AM
Title says it all. This post is just to show the basics of what you can do with MMTOOL so you can at least do a few things yourself and don't have to wait for one of the modders.

First up, a image of what all the module IDs are:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/bizket/ModuleIDs.png

Second, a SS of MMTOOL:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/bizket/Clipboard02.jpg

Now, for some details about MMTOOL 3.22, its the latest version available (AFAIK) and this modified version of MMTOOL allows people to successfully work with the 1B module and the 21 module without borking the BIOS. Using MMTOOL is very simple, literally just browse the location of the file you want to open, then extract / replace modules as needed.

LiViD
05-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Does anyone have a download link for P5Q-E 1703m BIOS? I lost it in a drive format and I had good success with overclocking while using it.

Thanks.

Edit: Found them in the first download link.

CoreyPL
05-30-2010, 01:39 AM
Can any of the active modders be so helpful and prepare the newest BIOS for P5Q-E with newest Intel RAID ROM, JMB368 ROM and memory table? Also ASUS SLIC 2.1 would be nice.

I don't have any experience with modding BIOS files and I don't want to screw something up and make my motherboard unusable.

I've seen that there are many BIOSes with those futures, but non of them is for P5Q-E.

If anyone would build one, I would be very grateful.

jason1112
05-31-2010, 09:54 PM
Title says it all. This post is just to show the basics of what you can do with MMTOOL so you can at least do a few things yourself and don't have to wait for one of the modders.

First up, a image of what all the module IDs are:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/bizket/ModuleIDs.png

Second, a SS of MMTOOL:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/bizket/Clipboard02.jpg

Now, for some details about MMTOOL 3.22, its the latest version available (AFAIK) and this modified version of MMTOOL allows people to successfully work with the 1B module and the 21 module without borking the BIOS. Using MMTOOL is very simple, literally just browse the location of the file you want to open, then extract / replace modules as needed.

Ok, thanks for answer. But this stuff is "stuff" that already i know.

My question, my one question, was: what is the module from replace about cpuid?
The module 11, or the 0C. I have replace both on my p5q with module of maximus formula and the bios works great.
But i have this doubt, still

Only this, thanks;)

scharnhorst
06-02-2010, 05:54 AM
Hello

I've got a P5Q Deluxe with Q9650 & 4x2GB
I would like to insert memory table from Maximus II Formula to my bios in order to overclock.

Someone could explain to me how to do it?
Thank you very much in advance
Regards

edited

secretworld
06-02-2010, 05:56 AM
I'm running the P5Q with a Q9550 @ 3.62 and 4X2Gb @ 1066. Standard bios!!
Memory is a corsair quad set 6400C4 which runs fine at 1066C5 too.

Leeghoofd
06-02-2010, 08:46 AM
why on earth would you integrate a DDR3 ram set to a DDR2 ram set, P5Q Dlx overclocks DDR2 ram beyond 1100mhz easily... no idea why you would want to mess with the bios...

scharnhorst
06-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Sorry I've made a mistake, I was talking about Maximus II Formula ^_^

humeyboy
06-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Sorry I've made a mistake, I was talking about Maximus II Formula ^_^

Which is also a DDR2 Mobo ! ;)

scharnhorst
06-03-2010, 06:06 AM
Which is also a DDR2 Mobo ! ;)

Yes I know (my P5Q Deluxe is also a DDR2)

But perhaps using memory table from Maximus II Formula on my P5Q Dlx would allow better/easier overclock. I don't know ^_^

humeyboy
06-03-2010, 05:29 PM
No because the MF II is a POS, your Mobo actually has better OC.

scharnhorst
06-08-2010, 07:19 AM
All right thank you.

Finally with 2201

http://img10.hostingpics.net/pics/98858Capture.png (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=98858Capture.png)

Stable under LinX & OCCT

Ket
06-08-2010, 07:35 AM
@ scharnhorst, the M2F has a good memory table, on par with the P5Q Deluxe and most notably has a bit better latency over the Deluxe. Before splicing memory tables about research various boards, the memory table you will ideally want to use is the one with your memory listed in the QVL.

PatRaceTin
06-08-2010, 07:55 AM
i will try for P5Q-E in term of overclocking/vcore/fsb

scharnhorst
06-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Thank you very much Ket.
My rams are :

Corsair XMS2 DHX C4
&
gSkill Pi Black

I found the corsair in the QVL but not the gskill. I will look for the other motherboard

Thank you for yout help

Ket
06-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Its P45 so still counts :p: I have somewhat of a super BIOS for the Maximus 2 Formula I need people to help me test as I don't have all the hardware to test all the improvements. Who wants to help?

Ket
06-08-2010, 05:36 PM
On a more relevent, useful note. What were the last BIOSes you P5Q / Pro / -E / Deluxe owners tried? I have a few more tricks up my sleeve I guess I could do as chen hasn't popped in in a while.

Ket
06-09-2010, 02:08 AM
Morning gentlemen. Keep your eyes peeled for a edit to this post if you are a P5Q, P5Q Pro, P5Q-E, P5Q Deluxe, or a P5Q Premium user. I'll be uploading some modded BIOSes based on the latest available.

Here you go, one link containing all the modded BIOS files. See the release notes for your BIOS for full details. Now, obviously, I don't own any of these boards so haven't been able to test the BIOSes, but there shouldn't be any problems. As always feedback is welcome.

DL Linky (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L0VDQSHK)

CoreyPL
06-09-2010, 04:22 AM
Hi Ket,

Thx for the new BIOS'es :)

Tested for P5Q-E:
- flashed from pure DOS
- new Intel Boot ROM works
- new Marvel Boot ROM works
- RAID0 setup was restored as soon as I changed default controller settings from IDE to RAID - no problems there
- Windows Booted without problems

I didn't test OC - just reporting to say that the BIOS file didn't nuke motherboard and controllers :)

One thing - USB format tool supplied by you don't have DOS bootable disk (for ex. Win98) on it, so it will only format your drive without writing bootable files on it. So either users must search for Win98 disks for themselves or use another method (I've used my Bootable Hiren CD for DOS).

That's all. Thx again Ket.

Ket
06-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Good stuff Corey :up: I'm sure theres lots of P5Q Series owners out there who will be interested to know your OC results! My bad on the DOS boot files I forgot to include them :yawn:

jason1112
06-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Its P45 so still counts :p: I have somewhat of a super BIOS for the Maximus 2 Formula I need people to help me test as I don't have all the hardware to test all the improvements. Who wants to help?

Hi, this superbios which mods contains?

Thanks

Also in provate if you prefer..

Ket
06-10-2010, 01:32 AM
The M2F BIOS has lots of changes with more to come as I get to identify modules better. Currently the things that have been changed are;

- M2F P6 CPU table replaced with Rampage Formula 1001 P6 table
- M2F memory table replaced with Rampage Formula 1001 memory table
- Intel SATA RAID ROM updated to 9.6.0.1014
- Marvell 88SE6121 Option ROM updated to 1.1.0.L73

Theres more I want to do, but like I said I need to learn how to identify modules better first.

doodle
06-10-2010, 02:19 PM
when ever I try to update your new modded bios for p5q-e ,I keep getting something like :could not something rom file. I do but in what you say to write, AFUDOS.EXE /iM2F2202M.ROM /PBNC /N ,but will not update.

Ket
06-10-2010, 03:09 PM
That'll be a typo in the readme. You need to enter the filename of your BIOS. In your case what you need to type in is; AFUDOS.EXE /iP5QEM.ROM /PBNC /N

doodle
06-10-2010, 03:21 PM
ok I see ,but in the last couple of minutes tryed flashing using this: AFUDOS.EXE /iP5QEM.ROM and it flashed ok ,should i reflash using /PBNC /N at the end .and thankyou for your help.

Ket
06-10-2010, 03:24 PM
I would yes otherwise you may not reap the full rewards :) Just remember after flashing your BIOS with the /PBNC /N switches you may need to reset your CMOS ;)

doodle
06-10-2010, 03:28 PM
well when i try to flash with: AFUDOS.EXE /iP5QEM.ROM /PBNC /N it fails showing error: unable to open rom file

Ket
06-10-2010, 03:32 PM
I can only guess user error. Theres no reason why AFUDOS.EXE /iP5QEM.ROM would work, and not AFUDOS.EXE /iP5QEM.ROM /PBNC /N Very odd indeed.

doodle
06-10-2010, 03:57 PM
sorry my fault was typing one of the m small insted of capital all gone great this time .and alls can run all of my 8 gig ddr2 at just over 1000 wich i could not do before,so thanks again.

Ket
06-10-2010, 05:28 PM
All in a days work :up:

jason1112
06-12-2010, 08:59 AM
The M2F BIOS has lots of changes with more to come as I get to identify modules better. Currently the things that have been changed are;

- M2F P6 CPU table replaced with Rampage Formula 1001 P6 table
- M2F memory table replaced with Rampage Formula 1001 memory table
- Intel SATA RAID ROM updated to 9.6.0.1014
- Marvell 88SE6121 Option ROM updated to 1.1.0.L73

Theres more I want to do, but like I said I need to learn how to identify modules better first.

Thanks for answer..

I had do time ago a sbios for my p5q deluxe with:
P6 from rampage extreme last bios
memory table from rampage extreme last bios
Marvell 88SExxxx L73
Sata raid rom 9.6.0.1014
Yukon_PXE 6.60.2.3 for both lan
Romid from rampage extreme
Dmi module mod from my hackintosh (smbios.kext)
logo Republic of Gamers for rampage extreme

The bios works amazing, i had all test with superp, prime, memtest. It works fantastic;)

grox
06-19-2010, 12:56 AM
I just flashed the new ROM for the P5Q PRO, but why did you deleted SLIC 2.1 from out of the first BIOS??
Can you please add this again?

Or is there an easy way to do it by myself?

grox
06-19-2010, 05:33 AM

mmm....I wanted to go back to this BIOS because of SLIC2.1, but it is nog downloadable anymore....does anybody have a mirror?

nierealny
06-25-2010, 07:02 AM
hej

no version for the P5Q PRO TURBO?

Ket
06-25-2010, 04:44 PM
I just flashed the new ROM for the P5Q PRO, but why did you deleted SLIC 2.1 from out of the first BIOS??
Can you please add this again?

Or is there an easy way to do it by myself?

I didn't remove any SLIC. The BIOSes I uploaded are based on the latest official ones. Besides, I'd never taint any of my mBIOSes with SLICs from HP, Alienware, or the like. Nevermind the less.. shall we say, "noble" reasons for adding a SLIC.

nierealny
06-26-2010, 05:29 AM
ket please reply

jigita
06-26-2010, 12:02 PM
ket please reply

and P5Q-ASUS-2208 Plees

Goonit
06-27-2010, 09:52 PM

Yes please. Would be a pleasure to test for you, I've got a P5Q deluxe going strong for over a year now. i7 can't tempt me to update when this thing just clocks and runs so well!

Will also test out those latest BIOS's you've uploaded recently.

Good to see you're still at it Ket. :up:

sokre
06-29-2010, 07:03 AM
is there possibility to mod Asus Q Fan section (I have P5Q-e)
I would like better control of CPU and Case fans and if possible PWR fan.
Say controlling RPMs by setting exact number of RPM one would like (like on Biostar Tpower I45 board)

Ket
07-01-2010, 04:15 AM
Yes please. Would be a pleasure to test for you, I've got a P5Q deluxe going strong for over a year now. i7 can't tempt me to update when this thing just clocks and runs so well!

Will also test out those latest BIOS's you've uploaded recently.

Good to see you're still at it Ket. :up:

Shoot me a PM if you want to try my latest M2F mBIOS ;) As to all of those asking, the mBIOSes I do for the P5Q series are only for select boards. I did some mBIOSes for a bunch of P5Q boards a long time ago, it was a one off exception.

Goonit
07-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Shoot me a PM if you want to try my latest M2F mBIOS ;) As to all of those asking, the mBIOSes I do for the P5Q series are only for select boards. I did some mBIOSes for a bunch of P5Q boards a long time ago, it was a one off exception.

Sily me, I can't test a Maximus 2 Formula BIOS as I don't have that board. :D

Have had time to play around with your latest P5Q BIOS post a few pages back, and I must say it's much better overclocking all round for me. The scaling of the voltage on auto settings is hugely improved I'm able to just set the FSB and it adjusts the voltage and is stable all the way up to 4.1Ghz on my E8400.

:clap:

Ket
07-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Nice to see these boards kicking some arse still with some mBIOS love :up:

Ket
07-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Please people.. stop PMing me with you "NEED" x BIOS for x mainboard. You don't. If theres no mBIOS in this thread its because its not worth making a mBIOS for the newer BIOS Asus have released. Also remember the P5Q boards have age to them now.. their as good as their going to be with these mBIOSes.

lowenz
08-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Hi Ket!
Little problem with the download link here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L0VDQSHK

Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.
Reasons for this may include:
- Invalid link
- The file has been deleted because it was violating our Terms of service.

Can you re-upload it? :|

CoreyPL
08-14-2010, 02:16 AM
Hi Ket!
Little problem with the download link here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L0VDQSHK

Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.
Reasons for this may include:
- Invalid link
- The file has been deleted because it was violating our Terms of service.

Can you re-upload it? :|

Megaupload stop accepting this package - I tried a few times with different packing styles and all files were rejected. I've uploaded to hotfile.com. I hope Ket won't mind :)

Download Link (http://hotfile.com/dl/62010463/e5e20a3/P5Q_Mods_2010.06.7z.html)

Packed with 7zip.

lowenz
08-14-2010, 03:35 AM
Megaupload stop accepting this package - I tried a few times with different packing styles and all files were rejected. I've uploaded to hotfile.com. I hope Ket won't mind :)

Packed with 7zip.
Thanks ;)

diegof18
08-18-2010, 10:01 AM
yesterday i try mbios 2102 on my p5q(non pro), i was really interested cause my 2x2gb gskill pi where in qvl. so i flashed with ezflash. i think the boot logo is the same. so i not sure if it works. but may ram is 1063Mhz 5-5-4-15 stable. and was really unstable before even at 1000mhz 5-5-5-15. and my q6600 @3.0 use a minimun of 1.29v before anything less than that result in prime95 fails after a couple of minutes. and now i have it test it with 1.24v for half an hour with prime and its rock solid.

great bios

i,ll try the p5qm tonight. hope is even better!!!

nickp85
09-05-2010, 09:32 AM
I tried using the modded BIOS for the P5Q Pro Turbo, unfortunately I still cannot run stable at DDR2-1066 with my 8 GB of Corsair 8500C5D chips in a 4x2GB configuration. I either have to run DDR2-800 or take out 2 chips. I know the RAM is fine because it works in another motherboard using the nvidia 780i chipset. I've tried pumping the NB voltage and memory voltage with no success. I've tried playing with the AI settings and putting it to Light or Lighter. Tried higher performance levels, turning off spread spectrum. The system will BSOD with memory corruption every time any bit of load is put on it. I can crash it within seconds by running Prime95.

Does anyone have any solutions to make my RAM run at its rated speed? I'm not even trying to overclock. Although, I will say I can get to 3.6 Ghz on my QX9650 by raising the FSB to 400 and it's stable.

I also would love to see a modded 0602 BIOS for the P5Q Pro Turbo board but unfortunately I'm not an expert to be playing with it on my own.

Ket
09-05-2010, 12:23 PM
By occupying all DIMM banks you are going to be putting a lot of strain on the chipset. When all banks are occupied its also basically mandatory to relax memory timings. For example; if you have set 5-5-5-15 @ 1.8v, try setting 5-5-5-18 1.9v or 5-5-5-21 @ 2v.

galactob
09-05-2010, 03:50 PM
All right thank you.

Finally with 2201

http://img10.hostingpics.net/pics/98858Capture.png (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=98858Capture.png)

Stable under LinX & OCCT

please my friend. send me the settings from the motherboard. can hardly go into 4 with less than 1.38v. i have 2201. thanks

nickp85
09-05-2010, 08:20 PM
By occupying all DIMM banks you are going to be putting a lot of strain on the chipset. When all banks are occupied its also basically mandatory to relax memory timings. For example; if you have set 5-5-5-15 @ 1.8v, try setting 5-5-5-18 1.9v or 5-5-5-21 @ 2v.

I guess the P45 chipset is just crappy then lol. 780i had a lot of other problems not to mention lack of support from nvidia because they don't make chipsets anymore but at least I could run DDR2-1066 with 8 GB of RAM.

Oh well, I guess I just deal until I get fed up with it and buy an i7 with DDR3

xsman
09-07-2010, 03:49 PM

Hi mrosen, may you please re-up the file to another file host? and if there are newer and better mods for P5Q PRO Turbo 0602, may you please provide link to download? Thanks in advance! :up:

papatsonis
09-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Does anyone have any solutions to make my RAM run at its rated speed? I'm not even trying to overclock. Although, I will say I can get to 3.6 Ghz on my QX9650 by raising the FSB to 400 and it's stable...

before loose timings/raise voltages etc...
try to RE-position the ram in different slots than what are now.. back in '07 that was MANDATORY when i was using 4x1gb sticks, among from the 24 possible combinations, i had results from non posting to total stability with all "tones" in the middle. With 4x2gb setup, i messed up a weekend and found it was more "blurry" to find the right combination, had to narrow down to 5-6 combinations and repeated tests (memtest 5) until find a "good" one. Another "shortcut" approach proposed by others, is to sort -relatively- quickly the 4 sticks in terms of overclockability and place the best one closest in cpu and the worst in the most far socket.

xsman
09-07-2010, 05:02 PM
I tried using the modded BIOS for the P5Q Pro Turbo, unfortunately I still cannot run stable at DDR2-1066 with my 8 GB of Corsair 8500C5D chips in a 4x2GB configuration. I either have to run DDR2-800 or take out 2 chips. I know the RAM is fine because it works in another motherboard using the nvidia 780i chipset. I've tried pumping the NB voltage and memory voltage with no success. I've tried playing with the AI settings and putting it to Light or Lighter. Tried higher performance levels, turning off spread spectrum. The system will BSOD with memory corruption every time any bit of load is put on it. I can crash it within seconds by running Prime95.

Does anyone have any solutions to make my RAM run at its rated speed? I'm not even trying to overclock. Although, I will say I can get to 3.6 Ghz on my QX9650 by raising the FSB to 400 and it's stable.

I also would love to see a modded 0602 BIOS for the P5Q Pro Turbo board but unfortunately I'm not an expert to be playing with it on my own.

Hi nickp85, run FSB/DRAM ratio to 1:1 is all you need... it's best for overclocking! ;)

Ket
09-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Last EVER mBIOS I'm going to do for the P5Q Series. This one is for the P5Q Pro Turbo. mBIOS is based on official 602. Check out the changelog in the archive for details.

DL Link: click me (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1TJ1724D)

xsman
09-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Last EVER mBIOS I'm going to do for the P5Q Series. This one is for the P5Q Pro Turbo. mBIOS is based on official 602. Check out the changelog in the archive for details.

DL Link: click me (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1TJ1724D)

Thanks Ket, I wish I can learn and master the art of modding BIOSes. So I can help extend your legacy!!! :up:

Quad-Damage
09-08-2010, 08:03 AM
I need a new Bios

I have a E8500 C0 on H20 and it's not very stable in gaming now, it's at 4.1ghz

On a P5QE

Anyone have any settings input or a good bios to change to, I have the old bios the Ket made about a year ago on it like 1204 or something like that I don't remember.

It's a 1.37 volt
at 426

Ket
09-10-2010, 07:19 AM
You don't need a new BIOS for that. E8500 C0 has been supported since BIOS 506.

Carsten
09-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Ket - vill you upload an mod 2301 version for P5Q deluxe ?

kindly
Carsten

icewaere
09-19-2010, 04:35 AM
Hey Ket,

thx for great work!

plz you can do a Mod for P5QD Turbo 0301 Bios?

hope its possible and big thx if yea have time for that ;)

greetz@all

galactob
09-19-2010, 04:54 AM
Ket - will you upload an mod 2301 version for P5Q deluxe ?

Solo1
09-30-2010, 06:46 AM
Hi Folks - Great thread here. Kuddos to OP for great effort and talent.

I am thinking of buying the Pro Turbo (rebate ends today), but would like to know, if possible, if my Patriot extreme performance memory will be compatible with this board. I would like to use 6GB (2x1 of PDC22g8500ELK and 2x2 of PDC24G8500ELKR2 R) from my Asus P5b-plus Intel p965 board.

Has anyone on this thread had success using this memory with the Turbo Pro?

My thanks in advance.

Quad-Damage
10-01-2010, 08:48 AM
I'm having issues in gaming with my system currently?

What should I change? I get video issues with my ATI 4850 and now my GTX 460

It will go blank and crash out of the game. It's not the video card driver or the video cards, all cards are doing it for me. I have test 4 different cards.

I have a E8500 with A C0 @ 4ghz

I have a nice water custom system with 3x E fans and a 3x Swift Rad and a Swift block. I just changed the water MCP655 Liquid

My teams never go over 45 c and idle about 30ish

I'm trying to push around 4.0ghz or 4.2 stable? What should I change?

I have a P5QE
With DDR 2 PC 8500

Ai Overclock Tuner ..............[Manual]
CPU Ratio Setting ............... [9.5]
FSB Frequency ...................[439] --> 425
PCIE Frequency ..................[100]
FSB Strap to North Bridge ....[Auto] --> 266
DRAM Frequency ................[PC2-1055] --> 1066
DRAM Clock Skew on Channel A1 ...... [Auto]
DRAM Clock Skew on Channel A2 ...... [Auto]
DRAM Clock Skew on Channel B1 ...... [Auto]
DRAM Clock Skew on Channel B2 ...... [Auto]
DRAM Timing Control ................ [Manual] (5-5-5-15)
SET TRFC to 55
DRAM Static Read Control ........... [Disabled]
DRAM Read Training ................. [Disabled]
MEM. OC Charger .................... [Enabled]
Ai Clock Twister ................... [LIGHT]
Ai Transaction Booster ............. Auto

CPU Voltage .......................[1.3810]
CPU GTL Voltage Reference (0/2) .[Auto]
CPU GTL Voltage Reference (1/3) .[Auto]
CPU PLL Voltage .................[1.58] --> 1.56
DRAM Voltage ....................[2.1]
vFSB.................................[1.22] --> 1.20
NB Voltage ........................[1.26]
NB GTL Reference ...............[Auto] --> 0.630
SB Voltage ........................[Auto]
PCIE Voltage ......................[Auto]

Load-Line Calibration .............. [Disabled]
CPU Spread Spectrum ................ [Disabled]
PCIE Spread Spectrum ............... [Disabled]
CPU Clock Skew ....................100 skew
NB Clock Skew ......................200 skew
CPU Margin Enhancement ........[OPTIMISED]

Should I flash to a new bios?

Ket
10-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Its always worth flashing to the Latest BIOS or using one of my modded BIOSes for your board. It sounds like to me the specific problem you are having is more down to your CPU just not being stable. Back down your multiplier so your CPU runs around a moderate 3.6GHz or so, then retest. Id also bump vFSB and NB voltage up, at least to 1.3v to hopefully rule it out as a problem.

bokoy
10-02-2010, 01:22 AM
Hi ket, thanks for your hard work and congrats.
I´m using your latest 2101m for the p5q-e, you didn`t customize the logo in this one, did you? (forget about it, i already read your answer to this question)
I cleared the cmos after updating but didn´t see any major change, my memory and cpu were running just fine with the original bios so I tryed yours in order to improve my oc, but so far no changes.
I had to reinstall the ethernet drivers, connection was really wrong after update and now its working better than before, less ping (from 33 to 27 to my isp).
Thanks again

mrosen
10-11-2010, 07:23 AM
@ all:

I´ve modded KET´s latest Asus P5Q Pro Turbo Bios with the Intel Raid Rom 9.6.0.1014 and the JMB368 Option Rom 1.07.11.

http://rapidshare.com/files/424427271/p5qp_turbo.rom

Feel free to modify it, but please post your results here!

Quad-Damage
10-11-2010, 08:02 AM
I'm still having issue with mine at stock? PS? Board? Hum???

xsman
10-12-2010, 07:14 PM
@ all:

I´ve modded KET´s latest Asus P5Q Pro Turbo Bios with the Intel Raid Rom 9.6.0.1014 and the JMB368 Option Rom 1.07.11.

http://rapidshare.com/files/424427271/p5qp_turbo.rom

Feel free to modify it, but please post your results here!

Thanks mrosen! Good job!!! I'll make reference to your post/link! Thank you!!!

R0B
10-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Morning gentlemen. Keep your eyes peeled for a edit to this post if you are a P5Q, P5Q Pro, P5Q-E, P5Q Deluxe, or a P5Q Premium user. I'll be uploading some modded BIOSes based on the latest available.

Here you go, one link containing all the modded BIOS files. See the release notes for your BIOS for full details. Now, obviously, I don't own any of these boards so haven't been able to test the BIOSes, but there shouldn't be any problems. As always feedback is welcome.

DL Linky (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L0VDQSHK)

DL Linky (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L0VDQSHK)[/QUOTE]

Hi Ket!! and everybody, of course...you cant believe it, but just today i have purchased an P5Q-DLX mobo to continue using my 8 Gb of Ram and my old Q6600-G0 (maximus formula , runing at this moment, but... bye! bye! X38) and i've reading all this posts during about 6 hours this evening and 2 mins. ago i were very confused about which bios was better to download, this one, or perhaps that other... and when finally i find your last bios mod the link is broken!!...Could you (or somebody) post to me a new direct link to download the bios? (better, always if it's possible with asus 2.1 slic into it.)

Thanks in advance, sorry for my poor and terrible english and congratulations for all you modders!!, your doing a great and hard job!!

Best whishes...Rob :)

R0B
10-19-2010, 02:19 PM

Packed with 7zip.

Thank you very very much!!! :up:

Prof_Chaos
10-25-2010, 11:56 PM
i have p5q deluxe with kingston 8500 2x2GB and in memtest its giving me errors in test 6 and 7 when i set it to 1066 and 2.2v . Does modded bios fix the problem ? i have now the latest official bios 2301.The memory modules are not faulty.This problem is common as i read in asus forums.

deadman3000
10-26-2010, 01:03 AM
Can anyone recommend a 4GB 800Mhz kit?

galactob
10-26-2010, 07:35 AM
i have p5q deluxe with kingston 8500 2x2GB and in memtest its giving me errors in test 6 and 7 when i set it to 1066 and 2.2v . Does modded bios fix the problem ? i have now the latest official bios 2301.The memory modules are not faulty.This problem is common as i read in asus forums.

My friend me too this problem. iput 2.3v but i have error again and work now 920

scharnhorst
10-27-2010, 07:39 AM
please my friend. send me the settings from the motherboard. can hardly go into 4 with less than 1.38v. i have 2201. thanks

I'm sorry I've just seen your message.

CPU Ratio Setting ............... [9]
FSB Frequency ...................[460]
FSB Strap to North Bridge ....[333]
DRAM Frequency ................[920]
DRAM Clock Skew on Channel A1 ...... [NORMAL]
DRAM Clock Skew on Channel A2 ...... [NORMAL]
DRAM Clock Skew on Channel B1 ...... [NORMAL]
DRAM Clock Skew on Channel B2 ...... [NORMAL]
SET TRFC to 55

CPU Voltage .......................[1.265]
CPU GTL Voltage Reference (0/2) .Default Value
CPU GTL Voltage Reference (1/3) .Default Value
CPU PLL Voltage .................[1.52]
DRAM Voltage ....................[1.8]
vFSB.................................1.26
NB Voltage ........................[1.22]
NB GTL Reference ...............default value
SB Voltage ........................lowest value
PCIE Voltage ......................Lowest value

Load-Line Calibration .............. ENABLED
CPU Clock Skew ....................NORMAL
NB Clock Skew ......................NORMAL
CPU Margin Enhancement ........[PERFORMANCE]

deadman3000
10-27-2010, 01:20 PM
I need a dl link for the last Deluxe mod. Thx.

galactob
10-28-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm sorry I've just seen your message.

CPU Ratio Setting ............... [9]
FSB Frequency ...................[460]
FSB Strap to North Bridge ....[333]
DRAM Frequency ................[920]
DRAM Clock Skew on Channel A1 ...... [NORMAL]
DRAM Clock Skew on Channel A2 ...... [NORMAL]
DRAM Clock Skew on Channel B1 ...... [NORMAL]
DRAM Clock Skew on Channel B2 ...... [NORMAL]
SET TRFC to 55

CPU Voltage .......................[1.265]
CPU GTL Voltage Reference (0/2) .Default Value
CPU GTL Voltage Reference (1/3) .Default Value
CPU PLL Voltage .................[1.52]
DRAM Voltage ....................[1.8]
vFSB.................................1.26
NB Voltage ........................[1.22]
NB GTL Reference ...............default value
SB Voltage ........................lowest value
PCIE Voltage ......................Lowest value

Load-Line Calibration .............. ENABLED
CPU Clock Skew ....................NORMAL
NB Clock Skew ......................NORMAL
CPU Margin Enhancement ........[PERFORMANCE]

i try this but not working to me. not open the pc !!!! thank you !!!

Solo1
10-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Hi Folks -
I just picked up a Turbo Pro board and would like to know several good overclockable compatible memory options that work well. The official list is usually so dated.

Thank you

-Acid-
10-30-2010, 12:21 PM
would either ket's or mrosen bios filkes work on a p5q ws,

Friend if finaly letting me tweak him rig after running stock for two years (cheaper than an upgrade, and a huge speed boost to be had)

p5q ws
qx6700
2x2gb ocz flex 2 pc9600
280 h20
d5 vario (lowest setting)
everything is water cooled even the northbridge and its run at stock

jigita
11-16-2010, 09:49 AM
new bios for P5q -2209

stryfe
11-21-2010, 10:14 PM
I was surprised to see that this thread was still active. I have used Kets modified bios to improve my system memory problem in 2009:)

I still have problems, but would like to use the bios for P5Q Pro that Ket posted in June 2010. The download linke does not work :confused:

Could anyone share the latest P5Q pro modified bios? Thanks!!

System problem. 5 out of 10 times system starts then stops and starts again. If that happens the system would boot into windows or hangs.
Anyone got the below config working?

Asus P5Q Pro
OCZ Reaper 2*2gb 1066 HPC
Nvidia 9700GT PCIE

Help greatly appreciated :)

CoreyPL
11-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Stryfe, here you go:

File name: P5Q Mods 2010.06.7z File size: 2.76 MB (http://www.fileserve.com/file/C3xMCtt)
(packed with 7zip)

galactob
11-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Stryfe, here you go:

File name: P5Q Mods 2010.06.7z File size: 2.76 MB (http://www.fileserve.com/file/C3xMCtt)
(packed with 7zip)

This is the Ket mod bios ??????????

CoreyPL
11-22-2010, 10:55 AM
This is the Ket mod bios ??????????

Yes, all modded by Ket.

galactob
11-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Yes, all modded by Ket.

ok my frind. Thanks !!!!!

stryfe
11-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Stryfe, here you go:

(packed with 7zip)

Thanks :up: I am going to try this tonight. Hopefully it is going to work otherwise I need to ditch the OCZ Reapers and get myself some decent Corsair sticks.

CoreyPL
11-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Thanks :up: I am going to try this tonight. Hopefully it is going to work otherwise I need to ditch the OCZ Reapers and get myself some decent Corsair sticks.

stryfe, if I were you, I would first check if there isn't any problems with PSU. If you can, borrow another PSU and test it. But it's not the thread for this :) Make a new thread in appropriate section and get support for your problem.

chenxuwen
11-27-2010, 07:28 AM
Guys, here is my newest modded P5Q PRO BIOS with
P5Q PREMIUM CPUID,
P5Q PRO TURBO MEMORY TABLE,
Intel RST 10.0.0.1046 ,
MARVELL L73,
Alienware SLIC. I am using it. Enjoy.

http://www.multiupload.com/7RUR2GIIL1

Viper780
12-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Is there an updated Bios for the P5Q Dlx? (the last one on the Asus Page is the 2301 from a year ago)

Ket
12-31-2010, 05:34 AM
I just have to ask.. are people really having that much fun still with my mobbed BIOSes on the P5Q boards? Thought people would of been bored of them by now :p:

xsman
01-01-2011, 01:04 AM
I just have to ask.. are people really having that much fun still with my mobbed BIOSes on the P5Q boards? Thought people would of been bored of them by now :p:

Happy New Year to all!!!

Hey Ket, many P5Q users are still looking to improve their system stability and overclock with modded BIOS... some with success... many w/o... :(

It's been quite a long while since your last visit to overclock.net... I've been referencing your modded BIOSes in my P5Q PRO Turbo/PRO/Turbo owners club there... mind give me another helping hand there?

I love XtremeSystems!!! Happy New Year!!!

Ket
01-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Hmm.. well.. it takes ages modding P5Q series because Asus mix up what hardware they use in them so much.. some boards using marvell gbit, others using realtek or some other POS gbit.. I have to find O-ROMS for them all. I can't remember what set of BIOSes it was but with one batch I did update all the following stuff;

- P6 table (CPU compatibility, new CPUs etc)
- Memory table
- Intel SATA RAID O-ROM
- Marvell O-ROM

Right now I'm working on a mBIOS for the Asrock 890FX Deluxe 3, proving to be a real pain in the arse because AGESA code is injected directly into the main BIOS (1B) module with AMI :brick:

virusek
01-03-2011, 02:32 AM
Updated chenxuwen mod for P5Q3 Deluxe BIOS 2105

P5P43TD PRO Memory Table 0710
INTEL RAID OROM 10.1.0.1008
MARVELL OROM L73
Alienware SLIC 2.1

http://www.multiupload.com/81IKMYWPMA

I use it right now.

sy5tem2
01-13-2011, 07:54 AM
Hello

any chance that those mBIOS would resolve sstuff wit bootrom being "too small" and preventing ich10r from working with ocz revodrive + ati 6950?

ERROR: Not enough Space to copy PCI Option Rom [00:1F:02]

thank you, been searching for day for a solution!

Ket
01-20-2011, 05:55 AM
Theres limited space available within the BIOS to be able to update O-ROMs and stuff like that. One trick you could try if you are attempting to mod the BIOS is to replace the boot logo with something much smaller then try inserting the new O-ROM.