PDA

View Full Version : Which game would you buy?

bullet2urbrain
08-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Gents,

Short and Sweet Im bored.

CS:S is boring, Rockband isnt fun by yourself, GTAIV is too monotonous now.

So, which title would you pick up for PS3??? I'm terrible @ FPS On console so all those are out... I will buy for PC if i want FPS

CHoices...?

MGS4: Guns of ...
Hot Shots Golf PS3 Version
GTV Prologue

I am not a serious gamer, really a casual one who if frustrated will drop a game and put it away for many months.

Cheers :toast:

zanzabar
08-25-2008, 01:31 PM
i had a ps3 for a few weeks i liked, MGS4, ratchet and clank, andgt5 prologue, but prorogue is boring affter a few hours since there is no tuning but its awsome

AndrewZorn
08-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Mgs4 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

drtitanium0
08-28-2008, 07:30 PM
MGS 4. I don't have enough money for a PS3, but if I did I would play through that ASAP. MGS 2 is the best game I ever played.

Kingcarcas
08-29-2008, 06:36 PM
What about some of the downloadable games.........

bullet2urbrain
08-29-2008, 07:22 PM
What about some of the downloadable games.........

Such as????

I'm thinking MGS4 is good... but again, i would be really pissed if i bought it and couldnt stand the control scheme

drtitanium0
08-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Such as????

I'm thinking MGS4 is good... but again, i would be really pissed if i bought it and couldnt stand the control scheme

So rent it first.

zanzabar
08-29-2008, 07:59 PM
sighn up for gamefly, i dont really play single player games affter im done with them and i got through mgs4, ratchet and clank, heavenly sword, and gt5 in 3 weeks so it was a great thing (i only had the console for 4 weeks though since i borrowed it)

heavenly sword is vary vary bad for gameplay, and the MGS4 controls are good they are like MGS3 and every other game with fps aiming but the camo is auto and dont kill the zombies use the trank (u will know when u get there)

bullet2urbrain
08-30-2008, 08:22 AM
So rent it first.

A viable solution but truthfully im not sure there is a movie store here... basically its Wal-Mart or nothing.:mad:

I'll probably pick that up sometime in the first week of Sept

M31
08-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Double post, please disregard.

M31
08-30-2008, 01:20 PM
I must admit I'm struggling with my PS3 trying to do what I do with same games on a PC, for example I bought COD4 on PS3 and using the pad to get around with its sticks for movement is hopeless for me ... Honestly I've sat down with it for hours trying to train myself, then I thought, why do this? gaming on the PS3 was secondary, so I bought COD4 for the PC and am striding through the game in leaps and bounds with no control frustration whatsoever, then again I am a PC gamer of about 16 years and am 49 years old, change is hard at my age :)

I've since tried Formula One Championship Edition on PS3, and I can work away with that, never really trained myself on car racing games on the PC, so I can adapt much quicker using a gamepad.

I'm looking fwd to the WSB Motorcycle racing game coming out for the PS3 soon... I'm sure I'll be able to play that with the PS3 controller just fine, in fact I used a gamepad to control the few PC Motorcycle games I owned in the past and found this was a great way to control them ... but I've decided, FPS shooters are best left to the PC with Mouse and keyboard dexterity ... at least for me.

My PS3 was bought mainly for Blu Ray DVD playback, but apart from racing games, perhaps some strategy stuff would be cool for older farts like me, perhaps something like Rome Total War ... turned based stuff where lightning fast reactions on an unfamiliar and small PS3 game pad does not take some time to get used to :)

I hear Civ 4 is out on PS3 now ... any good?

AndrewZorn
08-30-2008, 01:39 PM
MGS4 controls are superior to MGS3, with the exception of them breaking the rule about O being select and X being cancel.

Downloadable games that are good (in order of preference, I own these):
Bionic Commando Rearmed (remade side-scroller)
PixelJunk Eden (sort of an artsy platformer)
Echochrome (puzzle game nearly as innovative as Portal)
Castlevania SOTN (cheating at 'PS3' games here)

Xello
08-30-2008, 01:49 PM
MGS4, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Heavenly Sword are tops. Motorstorm if you're into racing, and Assassin's Creed if you haven't got it for the PC.