PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3

dafeeessh
08-25-2008, 10:18 AM
O.K. so i was playing xbox live last night i haven't played for like 2 months and in the first game af halo i remembred why i quit and started playing call of duty 4. i always fell cheated when i play that game like i should of killed that guy or why the guy with no shield won. i am not bad at the game i used to play alot and i'm decent. when i play COD4 i never fell cheated only dumb like i should of done that differently then i did. I guess my question is does any else fell cheated when playing halo 3.

Chris_redfield
08-25-2008, 01:00 PM
I just feel irritated by the people who say 'can anyone help me with achievements?'

This irritates me for two reasons. 1. I want to play deathmatch, not stand around in a line for someone to shoot me so they can feel better about their digital incarnation.
2. THEY ARE CALLED ACHIEVEMENTS BECAUSE YOU ACHIEVE THEM! Not because you pathetically attempt to blackmail people into doing your bidding by calling them a ':banana::banana::banana:,' or 'noob.'

I have gone off playing online games recently because the people who play them put me off. I had some guy hurling abuse at me in CT:S for shooting him in the back. Well if you run like a scared little girl thats what I am going to do.

I don't feel cheated if I get killed by someone who has the shield and I die because I don't have it. Because there have been plenty of times when I have managed to avoid death by just using a shotgun, or just accepted my fate and stuck them. There have also been plenty of times when I have had the sheild and been killed. It's just a case of making the best use of your surroundings.

I do feel cheated on Slayer with Swords. As you can get involved in a really cool melee with two other guys and some bugger will throw a grenade in between you and kill you as well as claiming both of your kills. There should be no grenades for that mode.

dafeeessh
08-25-2008, 01:49 PM
i get what you are saying but i can play call of duty all day and never fell cheated 10min of halo 3 and i fell cheated on halo2 i never fell cheated i just think those two games have better game play and it is smoother then halo 3. i think the multiplayer needs some work and without it it will never live up to its little brother or COD4

drtitanium0
08-25-2008, 07:08 PM
I know exactly what you are saying. Not to long ago I used to play Halo 3 competitively. I was the leader of a gamebattles team and we were doing pretty well in the summer season our record was like 6-1. The only reason I stopped playing is because every time I died or the other team scored a flag capture I would beat myself up about it an feel that the other team was playing unfairly. In the end I decided to quit the team because I didn't want all of that stress of trying to get better while I was trying to play a game. Now I play CS:S and I get some horrendous scores every once in a while, but I don't care because I'm just having fun. There is something about Halo that just pisses you off when your on the losing end of things.

drizzt5
08-26-2008, 05:58 AM
I just feel irritated by the people who say 'can anyone help me with achievements?'

This irritates me for two reasons. 1. I want to play deathmatch, not stand around in a line for someone to shoot me so they can feel better about their digital incarnation.
2. THEY ARE CALLED ACHIEVEMENTS BECAUSE YOU ACHIEVE THEM! Not because you pathetically attempt to blackmail people into doing your bidding by calling them a ':banana::banana::banana:,' or 'noob.'

I know this is a console discussion but tf2 is on the xbox360 also, I don't know much about it other then that though.

The achievements for tf2 range from really easy to extremely hard to get. Usually, I want the new weapons such as the sandvich or the KGB's for the heavy. So I'll go into an "achievement" server and get them there. They don't have those kind of servers for halo3?

And I know what you mean man, sometimes I feel cheated also when I shoot people into oblivion and somehow I still end up dying. All you can do is not get angry and enjoy the game :)

dafeeessh
08-26-2008, 07:32 AM
well its nice to know i am not the only one that gets pissed at that game. my friends and i are going to play system link this weekend so hopefully we just stick to halo2 or call of duty but 12 person system link is going to so much fun and 8 person COD4 is going to be the best.

Chris_redfield
08-27-2008, 12:16 PM
As far as I'm aware the unlocking the acheivements in Halo 3 doesn't add any further content or actually unlock anything, all you get is the sense of satisfaction, which surely doesn't exist if you 'cheat,' and ask people to stand patiently in a line while you kill them. The idea is absurd. I could understand it a bit more if there was something else to gain but there isn't. And there aren't any achievement servers on Halo 3 either.

Thinking about it the vehicles in Halo 3 are unfair. The Ghost on snowbound, if someone gets in that it can be impossible to get them off.

Though my favourite multiplayer game that I always used to play with friends before a night out is probably the most unfair of all. Mario Kart, you're just about to cross the finish line and come in first, you've raced the perfect line, your holding a green shell out the back of your kart to deflect any incoming fire. You've done everything right and your about to win when CRASH. A blue shell strikes you and you end up limping over the line fourth. That's annoying, but the beauty of it is that it feels so damned good when your the miserable bastard smashing your friend with the blue shell and stealing victory.

YukonTrooper
08-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Halo 3 is more complex than COD4, therefore there is a larger gap in skill level between the good players and the bad.

drtitanium0
08-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Halo 3 is more complex than COD4, therefore there is a larger gap in skill level between the good players and the bad.
That is not what this thread is about at all. Besides you usually play with people at your skill level due to the matchmaking rank system.

Thinking about it the vehicles in Halo 3 are unfair. The Ghost on snowbound, if someone gets in that it can be impossible to get them off.
That's exactly what I used to think, then I got into my mid 40's in lone wolves and realized the ghost just makes you an easy target. Absolutely no one goes for the ghost because whoever does always gets stuck with a grenade 10 seconds afterward.

YukonTrooper
08-27-2008, 01:37 PM
That is not what this thread is about at all. Besides you usually play with people at your skill level due to the matchmaking rank system.
It's exactly what it's about. He feels cheated, so there has to be a logical explanation. My explanation is that Halo 3 is more complex and therefore harder to play.

The match-making system is good to a point, but what if he has his player profile set to "Underground"?

drtitanium0
08-27-2008, 01:48 PM
It's exactly what it's about. He feels cheated, so there has to be a logical explanation. My explanation is that Halo 3 is more complex and therefore harder to play.

The match-making system is good to a point, but what if he has his player profile set to "Underground"?
The OP states that when he loses in COD4 he doesn't feel cheated. I know when I played Halo I usually won but when I did lose I felt cheated and pissed. When I played COD4 I usually lost and I didn't care cause I was just having fun. I think the reason is that in COD4 even when you do lose you gain points for the kills you do get so you can unlock new weapons. IN halo 3 when you lose you don't get any sort of consolation

Xello
08-27-2008, 01:51 PM

They put that Spartan Laser there for a reason! :D Still, the ghost is an easy few kills if you're in a game with people who don't know what they're doing...

I disagree that Halo 3 is 'more complex', it's just different. In a bad way, in my opinion. The melee system is an utter shambles, and the reason i stopped playing personally. Many times you feel 'cheated' out of a kill because of it - with the way the melee system works, when 2 players with low enough health to die from 1 melee hit both melee each other, the player who melees first does not necessarily get the kill.

That one stipulation basically removes my interest from the game because i like to melee as a standard way of killing - ever since Halo 1 it's one of the main differences to me between it and other fps which don't have it.

The OP states that when he loses in COD4 he doesn't feel cheated. I know when I played Halo I usually won but when I did lose I felt cheated and pissed. When I played COD4 I usually lost and I didn't care cause I was just having fun. I think the reason is that in COD4 even when you do lose you gain points for the kills you do get so you can unlock new weapons. IN halo 3 when you lose you don't get any sort of consolation

This is exactly it, almost anyway. It's not the fact that i'm a sore loser that i feel bad when i lose in Halo 3, it's because of what i mentioned above. Pick any other game you like to play and you usually don't give a damn if you lose because you're having fun, but in Halo 3 the frustration of the whole battle system undermines that for me.

dafeeessh
08-27-2008, 02:27 PM
xello hit it dead on with the melee system and theres other things with the same idea in the game like the battle rifle is way over powered when you hit them in the head i got killed with half shield with one burst to the head. iam not bad at the game i used to play everday on xbox live and once a week system link with my friends.

YukonTrooper
08-27-2008, 05:28 PM
This is partly what I mean, though. The complexity of Halo 3 includes all the little bugs (melee system), which can be exploited by the better players in the game. It's like buying a new car and learning all the funny little things about it. COD4 is more accessible because out of the box it's balanced better and has less bugs, which amounts to a more even field of play, regardless of how good the player is. With Halo 3 there are more things to "exploit", so the more you play the greater an advantage you have over other players, because you learn more quirks about the game as you go.

Xello
08-28-2008, 10:30 AM
The complexity of Halo 3 includes all the little bugs (melee system), which can be exploited by the better players in the game.

Well if you count taking the perfectly normal (you hit first = you get the kill) melee system in Halo 2, which rewards the faster player, as any competitive game should, and turning it into what's in Halo 3 as complexity then sure.

The reason they implemented it was actually to balance out the game and make it more accessable, according to Bungie - giving slower players a chance. When you're used to standard online fps with a pc that's just laughable, in my opinion anyway, but it was their decision. Was it the right one? Well compare the online popularity of the third game with the second for an answer (yeah i know there are other factors here, but it still holds true).

The whole thing isn't helped by the fact that it's a first person shooter on a controller, for me, i can't stand using them for fps for any extended period of time :mad:

Asgard_thor
08-28-2008, 03:52 PM
I've only played COD4 online once, I liked it
I have Halo 3(but no hard drive atm), its fun, I attempt sometimes you feel on top of the world and then you get smashed on repeatly..and my 768 doesn't act like it supposed to..

the first time I played COD4 at a LAN, with my friends,that actually play online..I destroyed them. AND this was on a PS3 that I haven't ever owned a Playstation and never will..

COD4 is fun just wish I had the game and a better internet, damn desert..