PDA

View Full Version : Where did all of these fittings come from??

voigts
08-24-2008, 12:46 AM
I decided to get out into my shed and finally clean up and organize from my last case project. I finally took the time to organize my ever growing mess of fittings that I have been amassing and piling into a box. I didn't realize just how much stuff I've got piled up!

I had to use quart and gallon zip lock bags to separate threaded barbs and fittings for black plastic, clear plastic, copper, brass, 4 different types of clamps, small fittings, rubber caps, etc. When I got it all done I just couldn't help but laugh at all of the fittings I've built up over 3.5 years of watercooling and so many different mods and changes I can't remember them all. And this doesn't include the other watercooling stuff like a spare DDC18w, a couple of blocks, reservoirs, single rad, tubing of different sizes to include Masterkleer 1/2" and 7/16", 3/8", Black Tygon, copper, acrylic reservoir making stuff, and I don't even know what all else that is still lurking in my computer storage cabinets.

And I won't even get into all of the wiring, sleeving, heatshrink, cables, cathodes, leds, screws, stack of acrylic of various sizes and thicknesses, and other stuff associated with modding.

Am I the only one, or do the rest of you have a pile of this stuff?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/voigts/TonsOfFittings.jpg

disruptfam
08-24-2008, 05:47 AM
what you have there mate is small compared to what have lol

I have several boxes of left over wc'ing gear!!!

If i had a cam i would post a pic :)

It sure does pile up though..Luckily i did sell a fair bit which came in handy

BlueAqua
08-24-2008, 06:34 AM
I have a few large Rubbermaid bins full of crap, not to mention many small organizing tubs or various parts. Amazing the amount of stuff you need to really finish off a project right.

Utnorris
08-24-2008, 07:08 AM
Yeah, I have a lot of extra 3/8" and 1/2" barbs. Not to mention heatsinks, wb's and just general stuff that I need to sell myself.
Utnorris

Sparky
08-24-2008, 09:38 AM
I only have a couple spare swiftech metal fittings (really poor quality so I never used them) and the original plastic barbs that came with my MCW60.

NysoO
08-24-2008, 10:17 AM
I can't say that I have a lot of "left-overs". I tend to sell parts that I don't use in order to support other projects.
I do have some tubing and fittings, but it isn't much.

Martinm210
08-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Call me guilty. Some people collect stamps...me...it's water cooling gear and testing equipment.

It's a terrible sickness and I enjoy every last part...:D

andressergio
08-24-2008, 11:17 AM
You can always send those spares to my address in Uruguay :D

lol

Cheers

teko
08-24-2008, 11:20 AM
That isn't to bad.. Got alot of crap.. A couple of Iwaki pumps, some DDC's, some other, fitting, tubing, blocks.. But only one rad that I don't use.. A 240GTS, but I plan on using that one for some mobo cooling one day.. A guy at work has 10+ 360 rads lying around, that dude has gear to WC more than 25 PC's, both GPU and CPU, and he is running 2 out of 3 pc's on air :brick:

08-24-2008, 11:32 AM
That isn't to bad.. Got alot of crap.. A couple of Iwaki pumps, ...

Yeah I hear ya, I got a bunch of unused GTX280s and 4870X2s stuffed in a box under my desk, I think there are also a few QX9770s in there as well. Its amazing how much junk piles up... :p:

BlueAqua
08-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Yeah I hear ya, I got a bunch of unused GTX280s and 4870X2s stuffed in a box under my desk, I think there are also a few QX9770s in there as well. Its amazing how much junk piles up... :p:

Do you live at Newegg?? :rofl:

Sparky
08-24-2008, 01:03 PM

if you aren't using them I'll take a 4870x2 :D

voigts
08-24-2008, 06:19 PM
You can always send those spares to my address in Uruguay :D

lol

Cheers

I guess you don't just run down to the local Lowe's, Home Depot, or Ace hardware in Uruguay, do you?

I organized this stuff and just sat back and laughed. I've still got a pile of cables, tubing, and a bunch of other stuff that didn't make it to the picture.

The problem is its not like you are going to sell a bunch of PEX fittings and barbs and such readily, and if you sell them, you can be sure that you'll be sitting there some day and not have what you need.

philbrown23
08-24-2008, 06:25 PM
I have a nice sized rubbermaid tub full of all sorts of Wc/TEC stuff, and everytime I think about sselling some of it, I just cant part with, memories ya know.

IanY
08-24-2008, 09:58 PM
That's nothing. You should see some of my collection of utter crap (half my basement is full of my junk):

- Celeron cpus of all kinds
- AMD K6 233 and Cyrix 166
- Socket 370 Slot One adapters
- 2 MB S3 Trident
- ISA Creative AWE16
- Serial port USR Modem
- HP LaserJet IIp
- Parallel port Epson scanner
- Canopus 6 MB 3Dfx Voodoo card.. Just in case games come in Glide again
- Nvidia Riva TNT - high tech
- PC-100 SDRAM.. Good for Nehalem Skulltrail
- 20 inch CRT.. Just in case LCDs are proven inferior
- Beige steel tower case
- 250 watt AT PSU
- Packard Bell keyboard
- gazillion smelly mousepads

And I still haven't gotten to water cooling yet lol

evian_26
08-24-2008, 10:33 PM
yah its a sickness.I have a lot(those rubber drawers) of leftver .Tried to sell some but could not im so attached to my hardware* Loooooooool. top of the iceberg is a boxed qx6800.

septim
08-25-2008, 04:11 AM
3plastic containers full and growing...

inventory time and selling time...

twwen2
08-25-2008, 04:40 AM
Lol. I've got a box full of stuff sitting on my floor, and i've only been doing this for a few months!:p:

andressergio
08-25-2008, 06:43 AM
I guess you don't just run down to the local Lowe's, Home Depot, or Ace hardware in Uruguay, do you?

I organized this stuff and just sat back and laughed. I've still got a pile of cables, tubing, and a bunch of other stuff that didn't make it to the picture.

The problem is its not like you are going to sell a bunch of PEX fittings and barbs and such readily, and if you sell them, you can be sure that you'll be sitting there some day and not have what you need.

Just kiddin'...

No we don't have those stores here...
But it's true I have 2 boxes of that lol...

Sergio