PDA

View Full Version : Turtletraxs' "Go Broke" TJ-07 Dual Loop

Pages : [1] 2

turtletrax
08-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Hey fellas.

This is my first buildlog, but I felt I should start one even if it not from the start.

Allot of the parts that I have are from my old machine that I had that consisted of a HE 120.3 internal in a Armor (I know I know:down:) with a PA 120.2 hanging off the back. I had 2xPetra topped DDC-2's and MC-Res Micro's. For Waterblocks I had a D-Tek Fuzion V1 and a EK 8800GTX FC block. The HE ran on the Proc and the PA the 8800GTX. I had no chipset or mosfet blocks and will not on this build either.

I hated the case so much, for so long that I finally snapped and got a TJ-07 on a good sale, but it did not come with a window, and now I regret that, so I think I will source a window side out (most likely direct from Silverstone).

So what I have hardware wise from the old build first.

DFI P35-T2R
G.Skill 2x2 PC2-8000
Auzen Prelude or Xonar D2X (not sure which one to use, the Plelude is a thinner card widthwise, might make tubing easier)
Raptor 150
Plextor DVD-RW

Now for what I have purchased for the new build.

Corsair HX-1000
XFX GTX 280 Vanilla
Silverstone TJ-07 and 4in3 Adaptor
EK Supreme
EK Mutioption 250 x 2
EK-FC280 GTX
M-Cubed BigNG
Feser Xchanger double and triple rads
Sanyo Denki San Ace 120mm fan x 7 (thanks utnorris :up:)
Bitspower rotary 90 degree black sparkle x4
Bitspower 1/2" - 3/4" compression fittings x4
Primochill 1/2" Black tubing
Assorted sleeving and finnishing gear.
EDIT: Stuff recently purchased.
Corasir Dominator TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF
EK GTX 280 RAM Cooler
Asus Maximus Formula II

On to some pics...

Feser love :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0378.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0380.jpg

Buck naked GTX 280

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0337.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0341.jpg

Blocking up

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0349.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0345.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0347.jpg

Finnished product

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0354.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0354.jpg

Pump and fan controll :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0363.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0370.jpg

Not much else to show right now. I have most everything sleeved and have to wait for the fittings to show. I also have to cut the holes for cable management in the mobo tray, but I have cut a slot in the framing of the case so I can get the cables behind the mobo tray. I think I made it too small so may have to open it up more.

I need some ideas from you guys as I go, so expect lots of questions ;)

Thanks and good day!

Damon :up:

BNDMOD
08-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Nice, very clean.. and quite... go on

Dangals
08-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Nice work so far - love the TJ07!

Mine is currently in pieces all over the place waiting for my last couple of parts then I can start putting her back together - So I am very interested in what you do with this:up:

turtletrax
08-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Nice, very clean.. and quite... go on

Thanks! Will do :up:

Nice work so far - love the TJ07!

Mine is currently in pieces all over the place waiting for my last couple of parts then I can start putting her back together - So I am very interested in what you do with this:up:

I am a huge Silverstone fan. I have the Silverstone Crown for my HTPC and I was hooked after that.

A couple more pics I thought I could add.

Res orientation

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0001-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0003.jpg

I am not sure if this is going to wirk out, but with the 4-3 adaptor what other poeple have done wont work. If this is a flop I will have to go nuts and mount them on the mobo side of the outer case, which will cause major delays and allot more work. Not that I am not willing to do it tho :)

Fillports

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0002-1.jpg

I know a very bad pic. I will get a better one soon.

Rads & Pumps

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0005.jpg

More to come :)

BlueAqua
08-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Damn, and who said 2nd mortgages are over rated? Looks great so far. How do you like your Feser radiators? That rig is going to be packed, it'll be interesting to see your progress with it.

turtletrax
08-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks BA :D

I am not in a rush so it takes as much time as it takes to get it right. I will be showing as much as I can to get feedback and new ideas.

turtletrax
08-20-2008, 08:42 PM
*Small update.

I did a flush or ten on the Feser 120.3 and hordes of what looked like paint flakes came out. I shaked untill I was short of breath and they kept coming out. I even hooked up a pump to see if that kind of flow would help, but it looks like it will be another marathon to get clean water coming out.

Damn, if it aint flux, it's paint. Jeepers....

Hope the 120.2 is cleaner :confused:

Kibbler
08-20-2008, 08:56 PM
That res arrangement definitely caught my attention. I think it defeats the ease of bleeding of a tube-style res, tho. But it just looks so...cool.

You could have a rotary 90 on the end of each res, going down to the basement thru the existing holes. That would look very clean.

What color flakes from the rad?

Want to see more!:up:

turtletrax
08-20-2008, 09:00 PM
That res arrangement definitely caught my attention. I think it defeats the ease of bleeding of a tube-style res, tho. But it just looks so...cool.

Want to see more!:up:

Thanks. I saw it on a build where they were on top of a case and I liked it. I had fully planned to go verticle behind the optical cage, but my 4in3 adaptor makes it almost impossible and I LOVE the way it looks from the front.

Necessity is the mother of invention so we will see where it takes me.

My other idea is to run them vertically on the outside of the case on the closed side, and drill and grommet the case and have tubes running out. I think that would look pretty sick too, but allot more work.

edit:

The rad flakes were black and I am certain they were from painting. I should have taken a picture as some of them were quite large.

MomijiTMO
08-20-2008, 11:42 PM
What are you using to cool the backside of the GTX?

BlueAqua
08-21-2008, 04:32 AM
I should be receiving my Feser 120.3 and I'll let you know if I see the same thing. Thanks for the heads up. I'd say keep the reservoirs in the case, gives it a cleaner look in my opinion.

turtletrax
08-21-2008, 07:44 AM
What are you using to cool the backside of the GTX?

Still up in the air on that. The full backside cooler is nowhere to be found in Canada and is alittle steep. Just the RAMplate is special order in Canada, so I guess I should get on figuring that out.

I should be receiving my Feser 120.3 and I'll let you know if I see the same thing. Thanks for the heads up. I'd say keep the reservoirs in the case, gives it a cleaner look in my opinion.

Ya, please do. Would be nice to know if this happens allot.

And I would like to keep the res's indoors, but time will tell what happens in time.:up:

turtletrax
08-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Could not find the EK GTX 280 back in stock anywhere in Canada, so I ordered direct from EK. Hope it is fast :D

zlojack
08-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Nice looking build.

turtletrax
08-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Nice looking build.

Thanks!

And BlueAqua, looks like the paint was much worse in the 120.3 rad than the 120.2. I just flushed the 120.2 and there was gunk in there, but it was not near as bad and much less of it was paint.

LMK hows yours cleans out for you :)

Patriote
08-21-2008, 01:09 PM
AWESOME my friend! Love how the build is turning out. How's that GTX 280 ? I bet one well Oced could break my 2 8800GTXs ? Have you had time to test it before going Wc ?

Anyway, looking forward for the final pics! Keep it up :)

turtletrax
08-21-2008, 02:07 PM
AWESOME my friend! Love how the build is turning out. How's that GTX 280 ? I bet one well Oced could break my 2 8800GTXs ? Have you had time to test it before going Wc ?

Anyway, looking forward for the final pics! Keep it up :)

Hey! Great to see you on the forums!

Thanks for the kind words, it feels good to hear from a guy with such a monster :D

I had little time to test the GTX 280, but I did some. On air I reached 713/1600/2450, and with my RAM not maxed and my Q6600 at 3.6Ghz ,and no physX enabled drivers, I got 11,300 on 3DM Vantage. I did not run any other benches, so I have allot of ground to cover when this all goes online. I hope it is not too long or the GTX will be old school by then LOL

Hope to see you here more :up:

Lafas1987
08-22-2008, 07:04 AM
Very Nice job! Iam going to buy the same case as yours and i think is the best choice!

I want to ask you how you put the Radiator on the top of the case?

BlueAqua
08-22-2008, 08:57 AM
Very Nice job! Iam going to buy the same case as yours and i think is the best choice!

I want to ask you how you put the Radiator on the top of the case?

He's not installing any radiators in the top. The TJ07's space at the top for a radiator is limited. You would really have to have a thin radiator and thin fans for it to work well. The bottom of the chassis is ideal for radiators with very little modding.

Turtletrax, how do you plan to fix the radiators to the case?

cobra_kai
08-22-2008, 09:06 AM
How do you find the stock NB cooler performs on that board?

turtletrax
08-22-2008, 12:34 PM
He's not installing any radiators in the top. The TJ07's space at the top for a radiator is limited. You would really have to have a thin radiator and thin fans for it to work well. The bottom of the chassis is ideal for radiators with very little modding.

Turtletrax, how do you plan to fix the radiators to the case?

BlueAqua is correct, not much room upstairs, so in the basement they go.

I am not going to hardmount the Rads. I am going to wedge them using Petra's GellStuff. That way they can be removed easily and no vibration will be transfered from the pumps to the case. I used this approch on my Armor and it worked surprisingly well. They are just suspended in jelly LOL.

How do you find the stock NB cooler performs on that board?

Most likely the only stock heatpipe on the market that works. A fantastic cooler on a fantastic board. :up:

Lafas1987
08-22-2008, 12:57 PM
@BlueAqua
Ok, I see my friend.
Ι Will place my radiator on the bottom and i thin all will be ok! :)

Patriote
08-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Hey m8 :) You know what i am thinking ? I am a bit tired of the look of my huge 18". I don't know why but i feel like modding stuff... So i thought why not get another case, like a full tower one and mod the hell outta it to make all my stuff fit into it! Anyway, i have to clean all the comp and loops. They might be clogged or something because temps are getting awful. Really... I used to get around 30c ~ IDLE @ 3.8Ghz this winter. Now i am getting 45c ~ IDLE @ 3.8Ghz! But it's summer outside. I even get BSOD from time to time and I'm sure it's related to temps. Anyway, so i was thinking of getting that same exact case you got m8. But i was wondering where and how i could hook 2 PA in that case ?

I also had a Lian-Li V2000B Plus in mind but really, i don't know.

Anyway, keep up the good work m8! This one will be a hell of a RIG :D

cobra_kai
08-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Hey m8 :) You know what i am thinking ? I am a bit tired of the look of my huge 18". I don't know why but i feel like modding stuff... So i thought why not get another case, like a full tower one and mod the hell outta it to make all my stuff fit into it! Anyway, i have to clean all the comp and loops. They might be clogged or something because temps are getting awful. Really... I used to get around 30c ~ IDLE @ 3.8Ghz this winter. Now i am getting 45c ~ IDLE @ 3.8Ghz! But it's summer outside. I even get BSOD from time to time and I'm sure it's related to temps. Anyway, so i was thinking of getting that same exact case you got m8. But i was wondering where and how i could hook 2 PA in that case ?

You can fit a 120.3 and a 120.2 in the bottom. I know there is a build log around where someone did it but I can't remember where. Do a search or check out the silverstone showcase thread.

turtletrax
08-23-2008, 05:36 PM

That would be sweet. The TJ-07 is a solid case and I think it will work out fine, but the problem starts with Thermochill BSPP threads, and finding good elbows in Canada. I got sick of looking and trying to use half baked solutions and said screw it and went Feser. I dont think I will be going back to Thermochill either. With all the awesome products coming out as fars as "normal" threading goes, I see no need to have a UK standard thread in my system to screw stuff up.

So after the switch I got some Bitspower 1/2" compression fittings and then got the new Bitspower black sparkle 1/2" rotary 90's for the rads and that should have all my issues sorted out.

I am still waiting for the rotary's, my San Ace fans, EK GTX 280 top and I think that is it. Then I can get busy on planning the loop. I am working on the plans now so I dont have to do it all when the time comes.

Utnorris
08-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Looks friggin sweet! :up: Subscribed.

Utnorris

turtletrax
08-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Looks friggin sweet! :up: Subscribed.

Utnorris

Thanks! Cannot wiat to get some San Ace love on these beautiful Feser rads :cool:

Thanks for saving the day :D

Boyu
08-23-2008, 11:53 PM
wow, i building right now similar to your project as well, same 2 loop but different component.will keep eye on this thread.

CERO
08-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Very nice damon looking forward to the result, and great job thus far :up:

turtletrax
08-25-2008, 02:35 AM
Very nice damon looking forward to the result, and great job thus far :up:

Thanks Mike :)

Well another sleepless night and I was thinking about the looks of the DFI board compared to my build estetic and it is just not fitting properly. I have been wanting a NAS rig for some time and I just saw Seagate 7200.11 1TB drives on sale on DirectCanada for 129 bux so I thought I could grab 4 of them and run the DFI as a NAS (get a cheap celery for it and underclock it) and get the Asus Maximus II Formula.

I was talking to Blue Aqua about motherboards earlier and he mentioned the board, since I have liked my DFI T2R so much I have not been looking at the new boards that much, and I have to say that is looks amazing. Never really been a huge fan of blingy boards, but there is something about that board that just stuns me.

I will be picking it up local tomorrow and hopefully my local B&M will pricematch the 7200.11's and I can build the NAS while I wait for the rest fo the rig to show up.

I think I have to get all my wants done with so I can stop spending LOL. I just did a bunch of work to the HTPC as well, might have to do a build log for it too :)

turtletrax
08-25-2008, 10:14 AM
Ok, so I grabbed some stuff :D

My B&M store is pretty good, but they lack good controll of stock, so I only got 2 of the 4 7200.11 1TB drives, so I ordered the other 2 online, but they did have my Maximus II Formula :clap:

Some Pics!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0017-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0021-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0023-2.jpg

I am hoping I have time to get it mounted on the tray today, but kinda pointless as I have to cut some holes in the tray for cable routing, but I want to see what it will look like :)

zlojack
08-25-2008, 10:23 AM
That's a beauty of a board.

BlueAqua
08-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Oh you sucker!! HA HA. Must be a pretty good store to have that in stock. I happened to walk into my local Microcenter today looking for some pci-e extension cables and walked out with an E8400 EO. Damn impulse buying gets me every time.

Fire that sucker up!

turtletrax
08-26-2008, 08:17 PM
So, looks like the rotaries are coming in tomorrow and the San Aces within a couple days (damn you customs!!!) and starting to really get the wheels turning.

Problem number one is based on the Formula II's layout. I have a PCI analog TV tuner (I gotta have it) and I was wanting to use my Xonar D2X in this rig and leave the Prelude in the HTPC. Problem starts with the PCB width on the D2X as it is wider than regular PCI and interferes with the GTX 280 block brabs and therefore tubing as well. Not a huge deal as there is PCI-1X slots above that, but the Xonar needs floppy power and that will look hainus way up high on the board..

So looks like I will be swapping to the Prelude :)

So looks like I should have some decent updates over the next couple days.

Might even have shots of the NAS in mah big ugly armor for yalls :ROTF:

That reminds me, what do you guys use for NAS operating systems??? I am looking at FreeNAS, any other candidates?

BlueAqua
08-27-2008, 04:55 AM
If you want another option for a tv tuner I have an HD Homerun which has 2 digital tuners (not sure about analog) that's external and actually connects to your network. It works pretty slick and can be used by any computer on the network.

How do you like the 1/2"ID Primochill black tubing? I'm undecided on my tubing for the TJ07 build... and I want to copy you. :)

turtletrax
08-27-2008, 07:31 AM
If you want another option for a tv tuner I have an HD Homerun which has 2 digital tuners (not sure about analog) that's external and actually connects to your network. It works pretty slick and can be used by any computer on the network.

How do you like the 1/2"ID Primochill black tubing? I'm undecided on my tubing for the TJ07 build... and I want to copy you. :)

Well, upon thinking about it, I am not sure what my needs will be in the near future. I will be moving to a rural Acreage, which has no cable service (nor any traditional high speed internet :shakes:) so I beleive I will end up having to get satellite system, so I will need another solution, especially for the HTPC. I mean I can still use the Nvidia DualTV MCE but I would have to use S-Video in to it and then use IR blasters for control, which sucks...

About the Primochill it seems pretty good. I will have to see when I actually route everything but I think it would look pretty sick if it was sleeved like the Murderbox. I am just looking forward to not worrying about plasticizing.

screwtech02
08-27-2008, 08:14 AM
What brand/type of pump/fan controller is that you have man?? I'd like to pick one up......:cool:

turtletrax
08-27-2008, 02:01 PM
What brand/type of pump/fan controller is that you have man?? I'd like to pick one up......:cool:

It is the Mcubed BigNG.

http://www.t-balancer.com/english/bng.htm

Never used one, but looks like it fits the bill :)

turtletrax
08-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Looks like something went wrong with delivery of my Rotaries from PerformancePC's. I track the package with Canada Post tracking and it says Item out for delivery, then next entry is Item redirected to recipients new address :confused:

On hold with Canada Post right now waiting for a Rep. I really hope this does not mean I have to reorder and wait another 2 weeks...

Patriote
08-27-2008, 03:37 PM
Mmm I am loving the look of that board m8 :D

turtletrax
08-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Mmm I am loving the look of that board m8 :D

Ya it looks pimp :cool:

I was just prematurly freaking about the Performance PC's package as it ended up showing up, but they shipped the EK D5 top instead of the DDC top and I already put the DDC top on my DDC-2 pump for the HTPC, which means I have to drain that loop and swap back to the stock top and that completely screws my loop routing.... damnit. But I am not delaying this build for 2 weeks for PPC's to get it together.

Yikes man. :shakes:

screwtech02
08-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the info turtle, i appreciate it....:cool:

BlueAqua
08-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Sorry to hear about that. It always seems like it's one more thing to wait on.

Remember us talking about inverting the motherboard? Well, it's more complicated than I originally thought. Seems you probably have to drill some more holes in the midplate and cut the brace on the motherboard tray. I'll have to decide if it's worth it or not.

turtletrax
08-28-2008, 05:18 PM
I got my BP rotary 90's in so I just have to wait for my fans, and the EK GTX 280 top. I have no idea how long the ram top will take but the San Ace's are in Customs right now.

Here are some preliminay photo's of the rotary's and the tubing, also throw in a quick shot of the mobo tray in the system.

Tubing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0037-4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0038-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0039-2.jpg

Rotarys

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0042-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0041-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0044-1.jpg

Mobo tray

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0040-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0045.jpg

I will be pulling the Xonar from the top PCI-E 1X slot and replace it with my Prelude. Just dont like the look of the Xonar up there and especailly dont like having to run a floppy power up there.

Getteing close to looping up every day I guess :)

.Logic
08-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Excellent build so far :up:

All will be revealed however when you plug everything in :p: I'm expecting top notch cable managment (you've got the murdermod to follow ;))

turtletrax
08-30-2008, 12:08 AM
Excellent build so far :up:

All will be revealed however when you plug everything in :p: I'm expecting top notch cable managment (you've got the murdermod to follow ;))

Thank you sir :)

I will be taking my time and doing things the right way. I will bemoving so things might not move as fast as I would like, but the new home has better facilities for doing this sort of palying around :)

I wish I could find the sleeving from the murderbox, it is just beautiful ;)

.Logic
08-30-2008, 01:51 AM
Thank you sir :)

I will be taking my time and doing things the right way. I will bemoving so things might not move as fast as I would like, but the new home has better facilities for doing this sort of palying around :)

I wish I could find the sleeving from the murderbox, it is just beautiful ;)

I would rather this build take longer and look better for it than a rushed job that probably would not look as good ;)

As for the sleeving... http://www.mdpc-x.com/MDPC-Sleeve/Halbgottpackung.htm

Expensive (and in german which is a deterrent) but -if you can get your hands on it- worth it I think :up:

Vargher Warg
08-30-2008, 03:54 AM
Welcome to the Silverstone TJ-07 Club! - the build looks great! :up:

But finding a window panel for your TJ-07 could be difficult mate! :(

I have also the the TJ-07 without any window (bought the case long time ago)

So I was in contact with Tim Dohrmann at Silverstone in Germany, asking if I could buy a window panel from Silverstone?

They told me that they couldn't sell any window panels for the TJ-07 because of the U-shape design they are using in the production of the case.

And therefore It would be difficult for them to sell windows panels on the side for this model.

Because of the design and the construction - If a new bought window panel wouldn't fit the buyers case, they (Silverstone) would be in trouble, so they decided not to sell them! :(

But maybe you have more luck than me? maybe things have changed since I asked this 6 months ago?

If so? please tell us! - It could be valuable information for other people with the TJ07 without window panel here in the WC-community! :)

Looking forward to see more of your case!

turtletrax
08-30-2008, 09:53 AM
I would rather this build take longer and look better for it than a rushed job that probably would not look as good ;)

Expensive (and in german which is a deterrent) but -if you can get your hands on it- worth it I think :up:

Thaks for the info!!! Gonna see what shipping is:eek:

Welcome to the Silverstone TJ-07 Club! - the build looks great! :up:

But finding a window panel for your TJ-07 could be difficult mate! :(

I have also the the TJ-07 without any window (bought the case long time ago)

So I was in contact with Tim Dohrmann at Silverstone in Germany, asking if I could buy a window panel from Silverstone?

They told me that they couldn't sell any window panels for the TJ-07 because of the U-shape design they are using in the production of the case.

And therefore It would be difficult for them to sell windows panels on the side for this model.

Because of the design and the construction - If a new bought window panel wouldn't fit the buyers case, they (Silverstone) would be in trouble, so they decided not to sell them! :(

But maybe you have more luck than me? maybe things have changed since I asked this 6 months ago?

If so? please tell us! - It could be valuable information for other people with the TJ07 without window panel here in the WC-community! :)

Looking forward to see more of your case!

Thanks!

I emailed Silverstone USA and they said they do not do window side sales as they may not fit. I may have to get a hydro cut done and make a window. Will see when the time arrives.

drbhatti
08-30-2008, 02:02 PM
very neat work! - just wondering, do you think therell be much resistance from using these bitspower 90s?!

Patriote
08-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Danr! That looks freaking great m8! Love the clean look of it! But where are you going to hook the second 120x2 rad ? Also on the bottom part?

turtletrax
08-30-2008, 07:18 PM
very neat work! - just wondering, do you think therell be much resistance from using these bitspower 90s?!

Many thanks!

I put allot of consideration into that question and this is what I came up with. Martinm210 has stated many times that we are over pumping our loops and with DDC-2 Pumps I believe I will still be over 1.5GPM with is enough to fullfill my target. While I have had DDC-2 pump stopage, I will be using the BigNG to shut down the system in case I have any more.

I guess the other reason is it was the only thing that would allow me to route the way I want... hopefully:p:

Danr! That looks freaking great m8! Love the clean look of it! But where are you going to hook the second 120x2 rad ? Also on the bottom part?

Thanks James. It is coming together quite nice. I am seriouly interested in the Murdermod sleeve, but I dont know if I will be able to stomach the shipping.

And yes, both rads will be going in the basement, and I am still very interesed in seeing if I will be able to pull it off with the resevoirs in the location they are in.

It is killing me that I dont have all the parts, as I would love to get this thing together before the GTX 280 gets replaced with a die shrink LOL

turtletrax
08-31-2008, 12:49 AM
Just spotted NCIX had a little sale on Corsair Dominator TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF with a nice $40 rebate so I had to pick them up. While I love my G.Skills they just would not look good in the system, so they must be retired or sent to a new home.

Wife is gonna kick my ass :rofl:

tekjunkie
08-31-2008, 01:15 AM
I always wondered whether the feser quad rad and a dual rad like the MCR220would fit in the lower chamber of the TJ07 for my next tri sli build and by looking @ your pictures, it looks like it would. Nice build BTW.

charles_h
08-31-2008, 11:43 AM
I emailed Silverstone USA and they said they do not do window side sales as they may not fit. I may have to get a hydro cut done and make a window. Will see when the time arrives.
If you want to pack and ship your side panel to Vancouver, I'd be happy to cut it for you. It's not a service we're planning to offer but I'd like to try the process with you if you're interested.

Cutting a brushed, anodized piece of aluminum is tricky business - I've learned this from experience. I'll say that in the early days, a few panels lost their lives. One of the problems occurs if the aggregate that's shot with the water gets up and under the backside of the panel (the backside being the outer face since you have to cut the panel from the inside). What can happen is the abrasive aggregate gets trapped between the panel and the steel slats in the water jet table. The aggregate shoots out sideways which causes a hazing of the surface and ultimately damages the brushed finish. Even re-anodizing won't help - you'll still see the damage. Another problem is simply poor handling at the shop. I've had panels damaged by some assclown leaning a piece of metal against it.

I'm pleased to say I've finally got a system for cutting side panels that allows me to sleep at night when they're at the shop. I mean after all, a side panel represents $300 - since it's irreplaceable.

As for the MDPC-X/murderMod sleeving: shipping shouldn't be too bad for you; it's only coming from Vancouver. :)

turtletrax
08-31-2008, 09:13 PM
If you want to pack and ship your side panel to Vancouver, I'd be happy to cut it for you. It's not a service we're planning to offer but I'd like to try the process with you if you're interested.

Cutting a brushed, anodized piece of aluminum is tricky business - I've learned this from experience. I'll say that in the early days, a few panels lost their lives. One of the problems occurs if the aggregate that's shot with the water gets up and under the backside of the panel (the backside being the outer face since you have to cut the panel from the inside). What can happen is the abrasive aggregate gets trapped between the panel and the steel slats in the water jet table. The aggregate shoots out sideways which causes a hazing of the surface and ultimately damages the brushed finish. Even re-anodizing won't help - you'll still see the damage. Another problem is simply poor handling at the shop. I've had panels damaged by some assclown leaning a piece of metal against it.

I'm pleased to say I've finally got a system for cutting side panels that allows me to sleep at night when they're at the shop. I mean after all, a side panel represents $300 - since it's irreplaceable.

As for the MDPC-X/murderMod sleeving: shipping shouldn't be too bad for you; it's only coming from Vancouver. :)

!!! PMed!!

I figured that it would be intense, that is why I was so dejected when I figured it was not worth trying to find a shop local. There were just too many varialbes involved with a one-off panel. I like to spend money on computers, but I hate wasting it.

I am down like Charlie Brown for sending my panel to you :p

Turtletrax... Build is NICE, bro.... :up:

Thanks RRR, nothing compared to your build ;) Impressive as hell. That thing is the Blinginator LOL

MomijiTMO
08-31-2008, 09:16 PM
I can just see the excitement in that post Turtletrax :lol:

turtletrax
08-31-2008, 09:17 PM
I can just see the excitement in that post Turtletrax :lol:

Lol, you have no idea !!

Looks like it is all coming together Muwhahaha LOL

tekjunkie
08-31-2008, 10:12 PM
Did you have to drill the top 2 holes for the fill port??

turtletrax
08-31-2008, 10:35 PM
Did you have to drill the top 2 holes for the fill port??

Ya, I had a stepbit and I was positive that it was 1" bit, so positive infact I did not check and it was 7/8". Sucked bigtime as I had to slowly dremel the hole bigger. Took forever, but I got it done...

A mistake I will never make again I tell you :shakes:

BlueAqua
09-01-2008, 05:38 AM
Ya, I had a stepbit and I was positive that it was 1" bit, so positive infact I did not check and it was 7/8". Sucked bigtime as I had to slowly dremel the hole bigger. Took forever, but I got it done...

A mistake I will never make again I tell you :shakes:

LOL :rofl:

Stepped drill bits are amazing as long as they are the right size. :rofl:

The finished product of the fill ports do look very good.

I think Charles cutting your panel will look great, he does exceptional work.

Any plan to go reverse ATX? Now is the time. :)

Detale
09-02-2008, 07:38 AM
First off AWESOME looking rig so far. This is my first post here and I just want to let you know this thread is the reason I signed up here in the first place. I should be getting the parts for my first WC rig today and I also have plans to mount the EK res horizontally and have been told it won't work. I still think it may do you have any tests with it running this way man

turtletrax
09-02-2008, 09:25 AM
LOL :rofl:

Stepped drill bits are amazing as long as they are the right size. :rofl:

The finished product of the fill ports do look very good.

I think Charles cutting your panel will look great, he does exceptional work.

Any plan to go reverse ATX? Now is the time. :)

I think I will pass on reverse ATX. I have already cut a hole for my 24pin on the stock side, so unless I get a custom plate made, I am stuck.

First off AWESOME looking rig so far. This is my first post here and I just want to let you know this thread is the reason I signed up here in the first place. I should be getting the parts for my first WC rig today and I also have plans to mount the EK res horizontally and have been told it won't work. I still think it may do you have any tests with it running this way man

Thanks man :) Glad you like it.

As far as the horizontal res, not my first choice but with a fillport it will work, it will just suck to bleed. If it is really bad I will ditch the 4-3 drive bay adaptor and go with my hard drive mounted verticle with a custom mount and change the res's to vertical as well.

Time will tell :)

Detale
09-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Here is my horizontal res as I am doing a build ATM myself also Tj07. The way I see it is that as you said you have a fillport on top the air should travel up there right and the divider in the res is horizontal seperating a top and a bottom "semi chamber" ( does that make sense?)? I also plan on having a drain port using all 4 options on the res. I just started my build today and I am mostly doing some figuring today but I think I am going to start my own Build Log Tomorrow.
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/5730/dsc00489ap6.jpg

turtletrax
09-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Here is my horizontal res as I am doing a build ATM myself also Tj07. The way I see it is that as you said you have a fillport on top the air should travel up there right and the divider in the res is horizontal seperating a top and a bottom "semi chamber" ( does that make sense?)? I also plan on having a drain port using all 4 options on the res. I just started my build today and I am mostly doing some figuring today but I think I am going to start my own Build Log Tomorrow.
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/5730/dsc00489ap6.jpg

Ya, I am picking up what you are laying down :ROTF:

And yes, start a buildlog! I like the look of the red so far :)

My advice on the drainport is to check the size of the bit you are using :rofl:

Damon

Detale
09-02-2008, 05:24 PM
I will oh god I will. Your log here has been more helpful then you will know. I did steal an idea from you already though I had some of that petra's gel stuff to put under the pump to keep the noise down but now I cut that little square into four and I am using it to "mount" my rad the same way as you by wedging it and I can't believe how well it works out, great job and great tip there TT.

You can see my Fill/drain ports in the pic above at the bottom right corner still in the bag, 1" hole I checked twice already. Im doing a red/purple UV thing. I don't have it all worked out just yet but Its coming together

To bring up something on page 2

Expensive (and in German which is a deterrent) but -if you can get your hands on it- worth it I think :up:

You can easily use google translate (http://www.google.com/translate_t#) to convert it to English Here (http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mdpc-x.com%2FMDPC-Sleeve%2FHalbgottpackung.htm&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=de&tl=en) is an English translated link

I have waited 4 or 5 days before my acct here was activated to say that.

turtletrax
09-02-2008, 06:00 PM
I will oh god I will. Your log here has been more helpful then you will know. I did steal an idea from you already though I had some of that petra's gel stuff to put under the pump to keep the noise down but now I cut that little square into four and I am using it to "mount" my rad the same way as you by wedging it and I can't believe how well it works out, great job and great tip there TT.

You can see my Fill/drain ports in the pic above at the bottom right corner still in the bag, 1" hole I checked twice already. Im doing a red/purple UV thing. I don't have it all worked out just yet but Its coming together

To bring up something on page 2

You can easily use google translate (http://www.google.com/translate_t#) to convert it to English Here (http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mdpc-x.com%2FMDPC-Sleeve%2FHalbgottpackung.htm&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=de&tl=en) is an English translated link

I have waited 4 or 5 days before my acct here was activated to say that.

Charles_H from the MurderBox fame is going to hook me up so I dont need to inport from Germany.

He might actually help me fully realize the title of my buildlog :rofl:

MomijiTMO
09-02-2008, 06:07 PM
LOL. Any updates about the EK backplate or the PPC top replacement?

Dangals
09-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Charles_H from the MurderBox fame is going to hook me up so I dont need to inport from Germany.

He might actually help me fully realize the title of my buildlog :rofl:

Oh - don't tease like that!!!

What sort of stuff is Charles hooking you up with! :shocked:

turtletrax
09-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Oh - don't tease like that!!!

What sort of stuff is Charles hooking you up with! :shocked:

Looks like there might be a Murder Window/Sleeving/floor in the works. I would love to go with the frontplate and powdercoat, but that will be dictated by the cost.

He is really busy now but will be in touch soon. Kinda giddy :)

Detale
09-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Wow murderbox stuff, especially the frontplate! You wouldn't have a quote yet would you?? I can only imagine. Now thats something I'd save up for. What do you mean Murder Floor BTW??

turtletrax
09-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Wow murderbox stuff, especially the frontplate! You wouldn't have a quote yet would you?? I can only imagine. Now thats something I'd save up for. What do you mean Murder Floor BTW??

No, no quotes yet, and when I get them I am pretty sure it will not be public knowledge unless Chales says it is OK. I know he is just getting off the ground so evertyhing is in his court.

His custom plate that seperates the basement and the mobo tray is what I am talking about. The stock one has way too many holes in it, and I would love it to be black.

Time will tell what gives ;)

Detale
09-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Oh right sorry sure it would be private duh. Been up all night figuring my build. That sounds awesome man black with no holes or different holes??. I started getting powdercoat prices by me here in Brooklyn they want WAAAAAAY too much, prob because only a handfull of places do it here.

turtletrax
09-02-2008, 10:38 PM
LOL. Any updates about the EK backplate or the PPC top replacement?

Well,the EK backplate shipped on the 26th if August, and the PPC top has been sorted out by my new friend BlueAqua. We were chatting on MSN about my situation and he mentioned he had a Petra top on his DDC-2 that had the stop issue and he was not using it. I asked if he wanted the EK-D5 top that I recieved in error and we decided to swap :) not before BA talked me into buying his DDC-2 :rofl:(JK BlueAqua LOL) I mentioned to him that I could use the pump and he gave me a sick deal. Which reminds me I have to Paypal him some fundage :)

After I got the email asking for pics of the inccorect pump top I knew I didnt have the patience to deal with hese guys over something that cheap. :shakes:

Oh right sorry sure it would be private duh. Been up all night figuring my build. That sounds awesome man black with no holes or different holes??. I started getting powdercoat prices by me here in Brooklyn they want WAAAAAAY too much, prob because only a handfull of places do it here.

NP m8. I just dont want to wizz in someone elses pool :ROTF:

As far as the new "floor" I would most likely get it with no holes and make my own and grommet them to order. It is going to take a minor miracle to get 2 loops going with 2 DDC-2 and my huge res's. On retrospect I think I should have gone with 150's or even 100's like BlueAqua. I think I can still mash it in there and have it look good.

As far as Powedercoating I think I am in a better situation in my location. There are allot of fab shops around me because of the oilfield and the subsequent money people have to throw around. Problem comes when you have guys doing work for you with standards lower than yours. Try to get a guy to give a crap about your computer case when he thinks it is only worth 50 bux and all he want to do it go home and have a beer and sit his ass on the couch. That is where guys like Charles_H that have sifted through that pile and found the gems that are as mental as we are about quality and realize what this stuff is worth.

Again, time will tell wether I will be albe to afford that kind of workmanship. I mean a rig as nice as Murderbox is worthy of several upgrade cycles, so it might just save money :up:

Detale
09-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Any idea what the price range on murderboxes are??

Dangals
09-02-2008, 10:52 PM

I believe we should be finding out very soon as Charles mentioned the site was almost done....this waiting is killing me as I want to get some murdermod parts for my build!

turtletrax
09-03-2008, 06:03 AM

They start at about $5800 and can go up to past $8000. I fooled around with the configurator for a couple minutes and thats what I found anyways.

MomijiTMO
09-03-2008, 06:13 AM
Say what?

EDIT :
Holy :banana::banana::banana::banana:ake mushrooms I thought you meant the case.

Detale
09-03-2008, 06:51 AM
I just checked again and prices are up today. For what I would say is a very good system ist about 5500 CAD I don't know the exchange rate for US dollars but DAMN!! I do have to say that the systems look incredible and I wish him the best of luck.

On topic: Any progress TT??

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see your post TT

turtletrax
09-05-2008, 06:38 PM
OK, so my EK Back came in yesterday and my RAM and fans should be in tomorrow. Looks like the fans for sure as I got a door knocker for pickup tomorrow. Which is good news because I thought they were lost at this point.

Will most likely loop up tomorrow night and Sunday and get it running and take a break on this mod. Most likely will just pick up the sleeving and get the window cut and then resume with the insanity after Christmas. I just have too much to pay for with moving and all.

But I will finnish it the way I want for sure.

On to some pics of the ram block...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0046.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0050.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0052.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0053-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0054-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0057.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0059-1.jpg

In the last pic you can notice the proximity to the RAM slots. Might be hard to remove the stick closest to the CPU and a Corsair RAM fan is a no-go.

LMK what you guys think :)

MomijiTMO
09-05-2008, 06:50 PM
You know if you add the costs of the GTX280 + EK Full Cover + EK Ram WB = I don't want to know.

Awesome build dude and I love everything.

BlueAqua
09-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Looks real nice mate. What barbs are those on the Ek block?

Also Gabe is said that the new Swiftech chipset block it due to be released sometime next week if you're still interested.

This stuff can sure get expensive fast, and it's better to space that out over more time. Take your time and keep the mrs. happy. :)

MomijiTMO
09-05-2008, 07:17 PM
They look like the normal [silver] 1/2" Bitspower fittings to me. Maybe Danger Den's versions? OMG I want your fc blocks. It's a fc sandwich with a nice GTX280 steak with loads of TIM sauce :(

turtletrax
09-05-2008, 08:02 PM
You know if you add the costs of the GTX280 + EK Full Cover + EK Ram WB = I don't want to know.

Awesome build dude and I love everything.

Thanks M8, I appreciate all the great comments

Looks real nice mate. What barbs are those on the Ek block?

Also Gabe is said that the new Swiftech chipset block it due to be released sometime next week if you're still interested.

This stuff can sure get expensive fast, and it's better to space that out over more time. Take your time and keep the mrs. happy. :)

Those are the BP Fatboys. I got them with my EK FC block from Petra. He was out of EK barbs.

I look forward to the Swifty NB block. Will most likely pic it up.

They look like the normal [silver] 1/2" Bitspower fittings to me. Maybe Danger Den's versions? OMG I want your fc blocks. It's a fc sandwich with a nice GTX280 steak with loads of TIM sauce :(

LOL, that is halarious M8. You crack me up too ;)

Hope to have some figures to see if it was worth it !

zlojack
09-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Wow turtletrax...how much does that weigh with all that copper on it?

Detale
09-05-2008, 09:42 PM
I was just going to ask about the weight on your card, when I did mine I only had 1 side with a block and the 8800GT looked like it would snap if I sneezed. Is it holding up OK if not what do you plan to do? I made up a "hanger" bracket with a piece of aluminum looks great and works great too.

Damn you are spending alot on the build and let me just say it shows! Everything looks awesome.

BTW I don't know if you have any BP rotary 90's or 45's but they have been recalled due to lots of them leaking. I have to wait 2-4 weeks for replacements now so my build is on hold too, sux :(

jtf2
09-06-2008, 03:04 AM
I was just going to ask about the weight on your card, when I did mine I only had 1 side with a block and the 8800GT looked like it would snap if I sneezed. Is it holding up OK if not what do you plan to do? I made up a "hanger" bracket with a piece of aluminum looks great and works great too.

Damn you are spending alot on the build and let me just say it shows! Everything looks awesome.

BTW I don't know if you have any BP rotary 90's or 45's but they have been recalled due to lots of them leaking. I have to wait 2-4 weeks for replacements now so my build is on hold too, sux :(

uhhh,could you please show a link to info on this recall.i have a couple rotary 90`s enroute from the usa

zlojack
09-06-2008, 04:47 AM

Seriously?:eek::mad:

I have 4 of them sitting here waiting to go into my re-build!

MomijiTMO
09-06-2008, 05:11 AM
You send an email to Bitspower. No idea what is happening as I haven't heard a thing back. Not that I really care because I cannot pull mine off without being a retard.

turtletrax
09-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Wow turtletrax...how much does that weigh with all that copper on it?

Well over a kilo. Not sure on the eact weight, I will get back on that.

She's a huge b!tch!

I was thinking of doing the same thing. I wanted it to be invisible so I was thinking of trying light weight fishing wire. I will try it and see if it works, if not I will go to a beefier idea.

Thanks m8 ;)

Ouch. I will be looping up tonite tomorrow, so I pray to god that they dont leak.

Seriously?:eek::mad:

I have 4 of them sitting here waiting to go into my re-build!

I pray for you too man, I will be pissed if mine leak...

Detale
09-06-2008, 02:27 PM
FISHING WIRE!!! DAmn why didn't I think of that great idea man I think Im gonna change mine now, LOL Thanks. I think monofilament will react to UV also I have to check

All the info I have is from PPCs in a reply to my email asking why they were out of stock and when would they be available again. They replied

Performance-PCs.com Sales
to me

Yes a small percent leaked. We have no firm ETA and so cant do backorder, sorry. You can contact Bitspower if you want yours replaced. They will resend you without having to send back.

I still havent gotten a reply from BP but it is Sunday so I know itll be a few days yet. I will keep you posted :)
You send an email to Bitspower. No idea what is happening as I haven't heard a thing back. Not that I really care because I cannot pull mine off without being a retard.

How long ago did you send them an E-mail?? i sent mine 2 days ago but it was late on a Fri so I figure no one will answer till at least Mon

evian_26
09-06-2008, 05:05 PM
how about going horizontal or making a custom card support, like the one in lian li cases, over a kilo makes me worried

turtletrax
09-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Finally received my fans. I will have pics tonite.

Thanks Utnorris :) The are amazing!

MomijiTMO
09-06-2008, 05:37 PM
I think I sent mine on Tuesday?

Fishing wire. . . .. that's just awesome.

turtletrax
09-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Well the EK FC block and Ram black weighs in at 1050 grams (dry lol). I think that has to be a record :cool:

Here are some pics of the San Ace fans.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0061.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0062.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0063.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0065-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0067.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0069.jpg

Man is it gonna be a tight fit in the basement of this poor TJ :ROTF:

skinnee
09-06-2008, 09:18 PM
San Aces...you building a hovercraft? ;)

Looking good TurtleTrax!!! :up:

turtletrax
09-06-2008, 09:22 PM
San Aces...you building a hovercraft? ;)

Looking good TurtleTrax!!! :up:

Well I have to escape somehow when the power company tries to get me to pay the bill LOL.

Thanks Skinnee, all the wonderful comments sure help, empty the wallet that is LOL

Blue Aqua said you are a great guy, feel free to PM me if you want to add me to MSN. He is a gas, and I trust his judgement in character :up:

skinnee
09-06-2008, 09:49 PM
that BlueAqua...bold faced liar!!! ;)

PM sent!

turtletrax
09-06-2008, 09:59 PM
that BlueAqua...bold faced liar!!! ;)

PM sent!

LOL, so funny.

Replied!

Dangals
09-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Nice work turtletrax!! So are you almost ready to start filling her up?

Cannot wait to see this finished!

BlueAqua
09-07-2008, 05:56 AM
Those are some serious fans. Will that fit in the bottom?

I tried to give Skinnee the benefit of the doubt, even with all trash smack talk he gives me. I guess he's alright. :yepp:

It looks like you have all of your parts and are about ready to get it all running. That must mean you're close to broke. :rofl:

septim
09-07-2008, 06:52 AM
almost?...

more pics...

fill er up mate...

Anemone
09-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Fishing wire comes in UV reactive flavors (purple is one of the colors if I recall) for visibility of the line in cloudy conditions.

Another thought is an acrylic rod (comes in various diameters 1/8, 3/16, 1/4 depending on how much weight you are holding up) which you can cut and would go from card to bottom of case. Cut to fit would be easy and you might even be able to mod the bottom with a LED to add color.

Nothing says you can't get creative when it comes to card support.

Detale
09-07-2008, 10:45 AM
Yeah but with the tj07 there is a hole in the divider and then you have a long rod going down through about half the case. I didn't like it so I went hanger instead of column. I do like the acrylic rod idea too.

This is what I did
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1747/dsc00541eh4.jpg

@ TT where did you order the san ace fans from man?? You live in Canada right?

turtletrax
09-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Those are some serious fans. Will that fit in the bottom?

I tried to give Skinnee the benefit of the doubt, even with all trash smack talk he gives me. I guess he's alright. :yepp:

It looks like you have all of your parts and are about ready to get it all running. That must mean you're close to broke. :rofl:

Looks like everything will fit, but with the smallest of tolerances. I will have to rely on the PSU to evacuate the air from one of the fans of the 120.3 rad as it is basically completely overtakes the PSU, but I do not think I suffer much loss of flow because the HX 1000 has a 140mm fan.

Lol. Skinnee added me to MSN last night but was too late to chat. I am sure we will get a chance to talk today.

And as being broke, I must be almost done :rofl:

Fishing wire comes in UV reactive flavors (purple is one of the colors if I recall) for visibility of the line in cloudy conditions.

Another thought is an acrylic rod (comes in various diameters 1/8, 3/16, 1/4 depending on how much weight you are holding up) which you can cut and would go from card to bottom of case. Cut to fit would be easy and you might even be able to mod the bottom with a LED to add color.

Nothing says you can't get creative when it comes to card support.

I think I will try the fishing line first and see if that suits my fancy and move up from there. I will not be usung any UV lighting so I dont have to look for the UV stuff (although I think it would look amazing).

I like the acyrlic rod idea. Might be what I try next.

Yeah but with the tj07 there is a hole in the divider and then you have a long rod going down through about half the case. I didn't like it so I went hanger instead of column. I do like the acrylic rod idea too.

This is what I did

@ TT where did you order the san ace fans from man?? You live in Canada right?

Ya, I live in Canada. Utnorris mentioned that he has access to used ones from a server environment. I PMed him and asked and he got me a pretty good deal. They are fairly old but the fans are rated for 150,000 hours. With 8600 hours in a year, well you do the math LOL.

Only thing that sucked is how pathetic Canada Post is. The fans sat in my home town for over a week while the learned how to read american on the label LOL

09-10-2008, 09:59 AM
I would really recommend adding a shroud with the denkis. I know you might not be able to fit it, but they have enormous motors and benefit quite a bit.

Nosfer@tu
09-10-2008, 01:58 PM
amazing work :D

Where did you get the san ace fans ?

Detale
09-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Answered 2 posts up from yours man :)

turtletrax
09-10-2008, 06:14 PM
I would really recommend adding a shroud with the denkis. I know you might not be able to fit it, but they have enormous motors and benefit quite a bit.

Ya, there is about a 0% chance of getting shrouds on these rads in the basement. I just got such a great deal on these fans I could not pass it up. If I think I am losing measurable performance from it I will go with a FDB 25mm.

I see what you mean tho, huge motors on these monsters. :)

I will have a huge update later tonite :up:

skinnee
09-10-2008, 06:23 PM
ooohhh...update time.

hurry up and post the pics!

I tried to give Skinnee the benefit of the doubt, even with all trash smack talk he gives me.

What...you're crazy. Hey, we both pointed out the same observations of the speech coverage. :D

turtletrax
09-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Ok folks, first I must point out that most of this update is just fabbing and fitting, so no loop as of yet and still need to figure out how to pull my CPU loop off.

Another caviat is the complete mess of fingerprints in the pics. I will be scrubbing this beast off before I finnish, so that will be taken card of for sure. :yepp:

So on to the good stuff.

Bare naked TJ-07

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0070.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0071.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0072-1.jpg

Hard drive holder Rev 1.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0074.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0077.jpg

Hard Drive holder Rev. 2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0081.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0082.jpg

Res's mounted

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0085.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0086.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0090-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0092.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0093.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0096.jpg

Holes drilled for GPU Pump

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0098.jpg

I will have more pics tonite as I will be mounting GPU pump and finnishing the GPU loop so I can figure out the CPU loop... Not going to be easy.

skinnee
09-10-2008, 08:18 PM
:up:

I did something similar with my HDD's, I really like the tucked away drives. The Res's look good where they're at, I like it (also did something similar :D).

Just a thought here...
For the CPU loop...tube routing being the biggest problem? If so, what about flipping the CPU loop res 180º so the tri-port end is on the top, and the fill port can still come straight down, return to the res from the cpu block at the top? Know what I mean?

Anyhow...just a thought for you to ponder, may spark your brain into figuring out something better.

Keep up the good work!! :up:

Dangals
09-10-2008, 08:19 PM
nice work so far!! Cannot wait to see some more pics of this progressing!

charles_h
09-10-2008, 08:32 PM
lookin' good TT!

Those res mounts look great. :up:

turtletrax
09-10-2008, 08:41 PM

I did something similar with my HDD's, I really like the tucked away drives. The Res's look good where they're at, I like it (also did something similar :D).

Just a thought here...
For the CPU loop...tube routing being the biggest problem? If so, what about flipping the CPU loop res 180º so the tri-port end is on the top, and the fill port can still come straight down, return to the res from the cpu block at the top? Know what I mean?

Anyhow...just a thought for you to ponder, may spark your brain into figuring out something better.

Keep up the good work!! :up:

That is a great idea Skinnee. I was hoping to get my Pump under the res and that might help.

nice work so far!! Cannot wait to see some more pics of this progressing!

Thanks again m8, you cheering me on is a great help ;)

lookin' good TT!

Those res mounts look great. :up:

Thanks Charles :up:. I will probably end up using something different as I am not quite happy with them. I will keep my eyes peeled for some thicker Alu and use my uncle's brake to get perfect. I just dont like the swiss cheese look of the brakets I found and bent myself. Just not up to standard. If anyone knows that feeling it is you I am sure :rofl:

charles_h
09-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks Charles :up:. I will probably end up using something different as I am not quite happy with them. I will keep my eyes peeled for some thicker Alu and use my uncle's brake to get perfect. I just dont like the swiss cheese look of the brakets I found and bent myself. Just not up to standard. If anyone knows that feeling it is you I am sure :rofl:
I certainly hear you Bro. :yepp:

If you're planning to paint the interior black you could fill the holes and then paint the brackets and you're golden.

Of course if you're not painting the interior then new brackets it is. :)

Home Depot sells gorgeous strips of anodized sliver aluminum. They come in 1/8" thickness and are 3/4", 1", and 1 1/2" wide by 36" or 48" long. I can't find them on the website but you should be able to find them in the shop. I use them for all kinds of stuff.

Here's the company website. (http://www.hpaulin.com/products.html) Unfortunately, there are no product details. They're part of the work-savers line.

turtletrax
09-10-2008, 09:27 PM
I certainly hear you Bro. :yepp:

If you're planning to paint the interior black you could fill the holes and then paint the brackets and you're golden.

Of course if you're not painting the interior then new brackets it is. :)

Home Depot sells gorgeous strips of anodized sliver aluminum. They come in 1/8" thickness and are 3/4", 1", and 1 1/2" wide by 36" or 48" long. I can't find them on the website but you should be able to find them in the shop. I use them for all kinds of stuff.

Here's the company website. (http://www.hpaulin.com/products.html) Unfortunately, there are no product details. They're part of the work-savers line.

Hey thanks m8! I will keep that in mind.

There will be no paint as after I move to my new acreage and get some things sorted I may be powdercoating and getting some of your beautiful Murdermod stuff :D

At this point most things are kinda a alpha stage as I find it takes me a couple times to get things right and the only way for me to get perfect is by doing it over and learning what works and what doesn't. So far I think everything is pretty close except the brackets. Not a big deal as there is no footprint left behind.

Again I thank you all for your help and support :up:

Detale
09-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Hey TT looking good man, A quick question and what actually brought me to XS here. I thought you were mounting the Res's horizontal like in this pic?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0040-2.jpg

What happened?? I only ask because I am still going forward on my build with the EK's on the side.

turtletrax
09-10-2008, 10:51 PM
amazing work :D

Where did you get the san ace fans ?

Hey Nosfer@tu. I got the fans from Utnorris. A great guy and amazing fans.

I also wanted to take this moment to encourage you to stand fast against the rediculous lawsuit against you guys. I wish I could do more to help, and if you do figure out a way please LMK. These things have to stop and it is too bad it is guys like you that have to fight for everyone.

Hey TT looking good man, A quick question and what actually brought me to XS here. I thought you were mounting the Res's horizontal like in this pic?

What happened?? I only ask because I am still going forward on my build with the EK's on the side.

Ya, I know. I actually really like the look of that but really limited me in allot of other ways. It would restrict my pump placement for my CPU loop and would make looping in general a very tough prospect. I also dispise bleeding and horizontal would have been as bad as bleeding a "T" line or worse.

After accepting the fact that I would be losing my Silverstone 4-3 adaptor (the thing looked great) I went back to my original plan of making a bracket system.

The one regret so far is getting the EK 250 res. It is simply just too large for the TJ-07. After the loss of hieght from the Fillports (a stub barb would help minimize this) you are left with very little room and therefore options on looping and pump placement. If I had gone with the EK 150 Multioption I could have put the pump for the CPU loop directly under the res and life would be simple.

I think I have worked out a decent way to run my CPU loop but it means another complete teardown and busting out the hole saw for one last party. Which means that looping up is just not worth the time. So it looks like nothing more to add untill tomorrow.

P.S. - Just throwing out a hail mary here, but does anyone in Canada want to swap a EK 250 Multi res for a 200 or a 150 ? :rofl:

Ttya tomorrow guys :up:

Detale
09-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Whoo Hoo Holesaw party Enjoy man.

Captain Zero
09-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Nice build Just one question...

turtletrax
09-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Nice build Just one question...

Lol!!

That is halarious...

You busted me, what can I say. I love Fisher Price.

Ok. I will be honest. That is an ES sample of the Gigabyle X58 board :rofl:

Captain Zero
09-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Ah, that's it! I was thinking it must be one of these:

Tweak N' Spill
Tonka Toy P5K
Maximus Jr.
Rampage Tantrum
Spool N' Drool
Pacifier 8000E

Ok, 'nuff of a hijack, I'll go back to lurking now. ;)

turtletrax
09-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Ah, that's it! I was thinking it must be one of these:

Tweak N' Spill
Tonka Toy P5K
Maximus Jr.
Rampage Tantrum
Spool N' Drool
Pacifier 8000E

Ok, 'nuff of a hijack, I'll go back to lurking now. ;)

Dude, that is halarious.

I look forward to more of your posts, and that is completely sigable :)

jtf2
09-11-2008, 02:24 PM
hey damon.check ur pm`s.
i`ll swap you the 250`s for my 150`s!!.
mine are on an external rack so they will work for me,and my 150`s will work for you.

turtletrax
09-12-2008, 01:46 AM
Ok so after a couple trial's and tribulations I have the GPU loop done. I managed to cut myself with sissors (you jinxed me BlueAqua!!!) and I think I really screwed up and blew the tach on one of my pumps :down: I will have to wait to see what my BigNG tells me, but I am sure it is hooped.

On too some pics...

Pump to Rad

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0100.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0101.jpg

Mobo Mounted and 24 and 8 pins run under board

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0102.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0103.jpg

GPU mounted and tubes ran

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0109.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0110.jpg

Cyclone city

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0112.jpg

Looks like no leaks so far and res has already bled out most of everything. Sound dampening worked like a charm on the pump. I can barely hear it. I guess some really soft grommets from a P-182 and mounting it to 8mm of Alu can quiet a DDC-2 :up:

I really hope I did not blow the tach as I need it for monitoring with the BigNG. These things tend to stop sometimes and that was my plan to get away with this problem. Oh well, if they are toast I will just get DDC 3.2's and call it a day.

I had to use some oil to get the Primochill through the midplate grommets as it was so tight but after that was perfect fit. Also not sure if you are supposed to be able to get the compression fittings tightened all the way, but I think it is near impossible with Primochill. My fingertips are wratched from trying in the tight quaters I had to deal with. But nothing is leakin and it has been running for about 2 hours now. Thank God my Rotaries are good to go. I was really worried about that ;)

septim
09-12-2008, 02:44 AM
good placement.

zlojack
09-12-2008, 04:08 AM
Hey TT, are you aware those BitsPower rotary fittings were recalled?

If you PM Vincent, they will send you the replacements along with the postage to return the recalled parts.

BlueAqua
09-12-2008, 04:24 AM
Looking great TT! Sorry to hear about the injuries and the pump slip-up. Is the wire on the pump cut or how did you mess up the tach?

What size compression fittings do you have? You have me worried now. Maybe I should go with the 1/2"ID 5/8" OD. What do you think?

Where the hell are you going to fit that other loop in? :p:

skinnee
09-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Nice work TT!! :up:

Yeah, BlueAqua jinxed you...make sure he recieves all the blame for your injury. But hey, at least you survived the beating when your wife got home. ;)

turtletrax
09-12-2008, 10:10 AM
good placement.

Thanks! I racked my brain for days so I am glad it payed off :)

Hey TT, are you aware those BitsPower rotary fittings were recalled?

If you PM Vincent, they will send you the replacements along with the postage to return the recalled parts.

Ya, I was aware but I was so tired of this build sitting here for no other reason than waiting on parts. I will most likely swap them sometime, just want to get the thing running, even for a little while :D

Looking great TT! Sorry to hear about the injuries and the pump slip-up. Is the wire on the pump cut or how did you mess up the tach?

What size compression fittings do you have? You have me worried now. Maybe I should go with the 1/2"ID 5/8" OD. What do you think?

Where the hell are you going to fit that other loop in? :p:

Hey BA. Ahh, injuries are minor. I just found it funny that you warned me LOL

I have 1/2"-3/4" comp fittings, but the primochill seems to not let me bottom the threads. I am not worried about leaks as I could barely get the nut off after I tightened them down. But odd how the tubing must be alittle thicker than 3/4"

As far as the other loop, it is gonna be tough, but I think I will make it. The 3/4" tubing is stiff as you mentioned so that makes it alittle harder, but in the same turn, make kinking a non-issue. If I can get the tubing there, it will not kink, seems to be the trade off with heavy tubing.

Seems the last issue is getting the compression fittings done up on the Xchanger 120.2. I will most likely have to slide the PSU out as far as I can with everything still run behind the mobo and see if that gives me enough room to get my fingers on it. Hope that works or it means teardown #4512 :rolleyes:

We will see :)

As far as the pump goes, I had to put a 3 pin fan connector on the leads for use with the BigNG. Well the colors off the DDC-2 are black (ground), yellow (12v) and blue (tach) and the 3 pin fan lead had wire colors of Black (ground), red (12v) and yellow (tach), so I think you know where this is going...

I comletely screwed up and crossed tach and 12v and sent 12v up the tach. I am not sure if the tach is a neg or pos signal and dont know if sending voltage up that like will mess it up. We will see shortly.

Nice work TT!! :up:

Yeah, BlueAqua jinxed you...make sure he recieves all the blame for your injury. But hey, at least you survived the beating when your wife got home. ;)

Yes! It is all his fault. Gonna grab the voodoo doll for the next loop :rofl:

As far as the wife I think the part of her brain that deals with the build mess has sustained and overload and is not working correctly now :p:

GOOD JOB ...... :up:

Thanks m8 ;)

Eddie3dfx
09-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Looks gorgeous so far!

turtletrax
09-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Got the CPU loop done and is bleeding right now. Had to improvise a 90 right in front of the pump intake as there was no other way to get the tubing in there. I will grab a BP Rotary 45 and stick it on there and all will be well.

Pics!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0001-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0009-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0010.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0011.jpg

On retrospect I may end up getting another BP rotary 90 and flip the multi end to the top like Skinnee mentioned. Might end up being more elegant and balanced.

Will see how it goes.

skinnee
09-12-2008, 04:40 PM
I think the flip would make the tube routing a bit cleaner, but you'd have to grab two rotary fittings to take a turn back to the pump from the res and then another rotary turn into the pump. I think it will look really slick.

edit: a non rotary 90 would work at the bottom of the res, and just a copper elbow for the 90 turn into the pump inlet.

You're up and running though...nice work! :up:

Utnorris
09-12-2008, 04:59 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!

zuess
09-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Just went through your entire worklog and have to compliment, everything's first class.
Will be watching.

BlueAqua
09-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Man, those tubes look huge. I guess the clear Tygon doesn't seem so big because it's see through, but the black looks impressive.

Did you make a run to Home Depot and buy that 90?

What's that Corsair sticker on the front?

So I'm trying to make out the route of your tubing and I think it goes something like this. Starts at the pump, makes a loopty loop, goes to the rad, does a figure 8, goes to the cpu, does a spiral twirl and double loopty loop, then goes to the res. Is that about right? :rofl:

I'm just kidding. Looks like a lot of great cooling in a small space. That tubing really takes up a lot of room. I really like it though. So does it work?

turtletrax
09-12-2008, 06:50 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!

Just went through your entire worklog and have to compliment, everything's first class.
Will be watching.

Thanks my friend. Yours too!

Man, those tubes look huge. I guess the clear Tygon doesn't seem so big because it's see through, but the black looks impressive.

Did you make a run to Home Depot and buy that 90?

What's that Corsair sticker on the front?

So I'm trying to make out the route of your tubing and I think it goes something like this. Starts at the pump, makes a loopty loop, goes to the rad, does a figure 8, goes to the cpu, does a spiral twirl and double loopty loop, then goes to the res. Is that about right? :rofl:

I'm just kidding. Looks like a lot of great cooling in a small space. That tubing really takes up a lot of room. I really like it though. So does it work?

Ya tubing my have to go sometime down the road. If I can find some high quality 7/16" black tubing I will swap out to that. Just not enough room in this case.

I had the plastic 90 kicking around. I will most likely go with what Skinnee mentioned above and see if that help, which I think it will. The tube route I have for the CPU as it stands is not what I would call optimal. Just trying to find a place that has BP parts. NICX has some stuff but, they dont have the rotarys yet. After PPC's inablilty to fill a 5 peice order, I dont think I want to make an international order.

I will be running all my cables and doing a first boot in a bit here :)

Nate P.
09-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Looks sick, excellent job!

zlojack
09-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Looking good, TurtleTrax.

skinnee
09-12-2008, 07:55 PM
First boot yet?

Detale
09-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Got the CPU loop done and is bleeding right now. Had to improvise a 90 right in front of the pump intake as there was no other way to get the tubing in there. I will grab a BP Rotary 45 and stick it on there and all will be well.

Looking GREAT man!!! Truly taking your time doing it right and again it shows bro. The fans look great the loop looks very professional. Good luck in getting ANY BP rotary fittings for at least 2 more weeks. I did speak with Vincent from BP and that's the closest date until the new fittings are sent out :( bummer. I am waiting on them myself I need a few 45's and a few 90's too. Tell you what if I get them before you I'll send you mine :) Sound good?

turtletrax
09-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Looks sick, excellent job!

Thanks Nate. :D

Looking good, TurtleTrax.

First boot yet?

Just finnished wireing up, will boot in a bit here. I had to dissasemble a SATA power cable and flip it around and after I get it all done and perfect, I look and it is from my HX 620 and has a completely different end on it PSU side :mad:. I think it is clear I am to do no gambling for at least the next couple weeks as I couldn't win a coin toss in twenty tries lately :ROTF:

Looking GREAT man!!! Truly taking your time doing it right and again it shows bro. The fans look great the loop looks very professional. Good luck in getting ANY BP rotary fittings for at least 2 more weeks. I did speak with Vincent from BP and that's the closest date until the new fittings are sent out :( bummer. I am waiting on them myself I need a few 45's and a few 90's too. Tell you what if I get them before you I'll send you mine :) Sound good?

Hey thanks Detale. I appreciate all you guys' encouragement. I honestly almost didnt do a buildlog and it wouldnt have turned out half as good. It still needs work but a few comments in the right places from you fellas point things out and make the right way to do them very clear.

A huge thanks to you all :clap:

As far as the offer for the rotarys that is a very kind offer. I may take you up on it if really comes to a crunch. I wonder if Vincent will allow me to buy direct from him when he sends my replacements. I need a couple more things and really do not want to do another international order. Perhaps if he will not I will have to PM linus@NCIX and see if they plan on getting more of the BP parts in stock.

turtletrax
09-12-2008, 11:34 PM
First boot great success. /Khazakstan accent. :D

Loaded Vista X64 with no problem and continuing with install of other crap. With my glass door open and 5 san ace's at 12v I am getting redonkulous temps. Core Temp tells me that core #3 is 12c :)

Detale
09-13-2008, 08:22 AM
Congrats man. Hey would it be too much to ask for you to take a pic of what I believe to be fillports on the top of the case? Also What fluid are you using or is it plain ol distilled?

zuess
09-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Congrats man. Hey would it be too much to ask for you to take a pic of what I believe to be fillports on the top of the case? Also What fluid are you using or is it plain ol distilled?

Go to Post #4 on the first page, i think that's the one you mention.

turtletrax
09-13-2008, 10:48 AM

Yup, distilled. I put 2 drops per liter on PT nuke in there just for biocide reasons. If you want a better pic of the fillports JLML.

Will be overclocking tonite ;)

cobra_kai
09-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Just out of curiosity, if you raised the two res up a little bit is there room for your pumps immediately underneath the res?

turtletrax
09-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Just out of curiosity, if you raised the two res up a little bit is there room for your pumps immediately underneath the res?

I wish, the 250's are just too tall to pull that off. I may end up swaping for 150's but I think I can pull all this off with some rotary 90's

Patriote
09-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Bah, That is looking so freaking awesome m8! The finished look with sidepanel on will be looking so HAWT :D! Nice work i love how you managed to fit all in the case!

Detale
09-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Yup, distilled. I put 2 drops per liter on PT nuke in there just for biocide reasons. If you want a better pic of the fillports JLML.

Will be overclocking tonite ;)

Yes please. I think I'm going to start my log tonight too Hope you check it out :)

Dangals
09-13-2008, 10:43 PM
This is coming along great! Good to see you got it all looped up and running. cannot wait for some more pics once everything is finished.:up:

Keep up the good work!

ShoNuff
09-13-2008, 11:14 PM
I look forward to the Swifty NB block. Will most likely pic it up.

First of all...scweeet build! I like the rad placement and BP fittings.:up: Very clean! I've had my eye on the TJ-07 for a while now. Seems very watercooling friendly.

If you are still interested in the MCW-NBMax (http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swmcnoco.html) block I just ordered mine. Sidewinder says they will get them next week and is taking orders now.

turtletrax
09-14-2008, 08:31 AM
Bah, That is looking so freaking awesome m8! The finished look with sidepanel on will be looking so HAWT :D! Nice work i love how you managed to fit all in the case!

Thanks allot James :) Mean allot coming form a guy with a rig like yours :)

I hope to get Charles_H to cut the window on my case side as at first I didnt think this was an "all out" build. I am sure when things calm down with him he will be in touch.

Yes please. I think I'm going to start my log tonight too Hope you check it out :)

I will sanp some pics for you today.

Oh I will be, trust me :)

This is coming along great! Good to see you got it all looped up and running. cannot wait for some more pics once everything is finnished.:up:

Keep up the good work!

Ya, I am glad too. I will be tweaking allot of things, just need to take a break. I will also need to grab some more BP fittings and have to wait for my rotary RMA replacements before I go ahead and do a teardown. Just soo much work that I think the break will yeild better results.

I also have to setup the BigNG with all the sensors. The thing has allot of potential, but such a pain in the ass right now. Seems that the manula settings just wont stick, so I have to set up all the sensors and program it to look after itself. I do have to say that I am impressed with its power output. It is running my 2 pumps and 5 San Aces' with no problem and there is no airflow over the heatsink :) I wonder if it will burn out?

First of all...scweeet build! I like the rad placement and BP fittings.:up: Very clean! I've had my eye on the TJ-07 for a while now. Seems very watercooling friendly.

If you are still interested in the MCW-NBMax (http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swmcnoco.html) block I just ordered mine. Sidewinder says they will get them next week and is taking orders now.

Thanks for the info ShoNuff :) It will be better in a bit once I get some time on my hands. I will also be grabbing that block in a bit. Hopefully someone in Canada stocks them soon. Perhaps Newegg :)

turtletrax
09-16-2008, 11:18 PM
Hey guys :)

Have been recoviering from getting my wisdom teeth pulled and have some time to think about the build while I do it.

Been having issues with my BigNG and have it nailed down to overheating. The location I have it in does not feed sufficient airflow, so requires relocation and therfore a total teardown. If I am going to do a total teardown I should just wait for my my rotary replacement to do it. If that is the case I do not know when I will be able to do it as replacements seem to off for a bit.

When I emailed my RMA request I asked about the possiblity of buying 2 more rotarys direct as I do not want to do an international order as no-one in Canada seems to be getting them in.

On a good note I heard back from Charles_H and he said he would do me a huge favor and cut my Window for me. I dont think this is something he is planning to offer, just such a nice guy he couldnt resist helping a fellow Canuck out :) (Thanks Charles! :up:)

I will most likely be asking him to make me a Murderbox drive front for me and perhaps a few tidbits. I think in the srping I will get a whole MB case made for me and either sell this case (which might be hard) or save it for somthing else.

Another reaon to hold off on the rebuiild is I also want to buy a whack of Charles's sleeve and cover everyting with that stuff. It is so beautiful :). I dont know if I want the blue or the orange accent. They are both so nice :)

I also just picked up another DDC-2 and top from my good freind Blua Aqua. I am thinking about getting a EK dual DDC top and running dual pumps on the CPU and sometime NB loop. I am eagerly waiting for Martin's testing on overpumping. We all owe him a huge debt of gatitude as his work is amazing. Redundancy is always nice, but once I get the BigNG running I dont think redundancy is as important, so if I am not seeing gains from it I dont think I want to do it.

Well that is how things are stting ATM. Just thought i would let you guys know. I Have not posted final pics of it in its current state as I am not quite happy with the cabling thus far. It is almost there, but needs work. I promice soon :)

bianco
09-17-2008, 02:00 AM
nice rig turtletrax! :up:
that ek fc280gtx back waterblock is gorgeous!

turtletrax
09-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks Bianco :)

I finally got some time to do a mild OC on my Q6600 to 3.6Ghz and spent some time on OCing my GTX 280. Seems like an OC beast with clocks of 777/1620/2600.

I ran Vantage and got P15383 with no mods to the OS or drivers whatsoever.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=389912

Will be cranking on it much harder and doing so mods to get higher score :)

So far the EK blocks are kicking ass :up::up:

The[R]eaper
09-20-2008, 06:28 AM
wow great build man. Great job on everything :up:

I too have a TJ07 and so far am loving this case. it has so many options.

sorry if this was already mentioned but how are you fans oriented on the rads?

i was thinking about doing a dual loop in the future and cant figure out how 2 rads with 120x38mm fans can fit in the basement. :lol:

Thanks a bunch and cant wait for the finished Rebuild.

turtletrax
09-20-2008, 07:34 AM
Thanks m8!

I too had allot to think about when figuring the logistics on two rads and 38mm fans. The solution was BP rotarys'. Pretty much the only way to do it nicely...

I have the San Ace's mounted in a push config with only the silicon washers installed on the Xchangers. There is like ZERO room left over which is actually nice, as you do not have to mess around with xtra room LOL. So the 120.3 has fan attached to the "front" of the rad and that allows xtra room for rotary 90's, then the 120.2 has 2 fan attached to the "front" of the rad again to make room for more rotary's. They are both oushed up together as there is no play.

Kinda a nice bonus for the triple rad as it is kinda sandwiched between the fans in a big way. Make for sick temps on the GPU :)

The[R]eaper
09-20-2008, 01:51 PM
thanks, i kinda figured they would have to be pretty much sandwiched together.

so aces > 360 > aces > 240? nice

i got some g3/8 to g1/4 converters from mcmaster so ill check those bp rotary 90's out, since i cant find any g3/8 90's.
they seem like the perfect solution for more room there in the basement and easier tube routing.

i like the way you set up the gpu pump with the 90 there. very clean!

skinnee
09-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Your side panel is in good hands with Charles! You give it a hug before you packed it up and sent it off? :D

turtletrax
09-21-2008, 01:23 AM
Your side panel is in good hands with Charles! You give it a hug before you packed it up and sent it off? :D

I still have not sent it off yet :( This wisdom extraction is really kicking my arse. I am beginning to think there is something wrong as the pain is getting worse and just exhausted all the time. I usually dont sleep that great and now I can sleep like there is no tomorrow.

If it is not better tomorrow looks like back to the dentist I go :(

BlueAqua
09-21-2008, 05:11 AM
I still have not sent it off yet :( This wisdom extraction is really kicking my arse. I am beginning to think there is something wrong as the pain is getting worse and just exhausted all the time. I usually dont sleep that great and now I can sleep like there is no tomorrow.

If it is not better tomorrow looks like back to the dentist I go :(

Dang, sorry to hear about that. I hope you recover soon and can get back to normal awesome status.

skinnee
09-21-2008, 11:31 AM
You'd be best to call the dentist regardless of whether you think the pain is getting better. Even if the doc says everything is alright, you'll gain some piece of mind.

This way you have another excuse not to go back to work for another day. ;)

turtletrax
10-01-2008, 12:42 AM
OK, so now that my toothcapades are over with I can get back to normal and finnish this thing.

I am going to send my sidepanel for the window treatment to Charles today and I just pmed him for a quote on getting a front and mid panel as well as the acrylic 2x120 top made up for me. Also looking to get a whack of MurderSleeve from him. That should kick it up a notch in the looks department for sure.

And as soon as the new BP rotary fittings are available I will order 2 more and get the MCW-NBMAX and some BP 90's to go from my CPU block to the NB in good fashion like BlueAqua has done (looks great BTW!!!)

I am also thinking of adding a another hole in the midplate to go to the GPU pump in a better fashsion than what it is now. I think a copper long radious 90 would look really good, and if I ever go crazy enough to nickel plate anything I will get that plated too just for looks, or perhaps sleeve it as well.

So, that is what is going on with the build ATM. :up:

dingdong555
10-01-2008, 01:17 AM
Nice work!

I also have a TJ07 and my MB sleeving is going to be ordered very shortly :)

Keep it up! :up:

Dangals
10-01-2008, 01:24 AM
OK, so now that my toothcapades are over with I can get back to normal and finnish this thing.

I am going to send my sidepanel for the window treatment to Charles today and I just pmed him for a quote on getting a front and mid panel as well as the acrylic 2x120 top made up for me. Also looking to get a whack of MurderSleeve from him. That should kick it up a notch in the looks department for sure.

So, that is what is going on with the build ATM. :up:

Good to hear you are feeling better TT:up:

I believe that the website should be up and running shortly as he hinted at that possibility in FC's thread. Plus I thought we had to wait for that before asking as it being so close to launch :shrug: Still if you can get those it would look sweet:yepp:

turtletrax
10-01-2008, 01:59 AM
Nice work!

I also have a TJ07 and my MB sleeving is going to be ordered very shortly :)

Keep it up! :up:

Ya, that sleeve is amazing!

Thanks for the thumbs up ;)

Good to hear you are feeling better TT:up:

I believe that the website should be up and running shortly as he hinted at that possibility in FC's thread. Plus I thought we had to wait for that before asking as it being so close to launch :shrug: Still if you can get those it would look sweet:yepp:

Not sure if he will be able to start on my parts other than the side panel, which is fine by me. Most of the stuff would be easy to install at anytime.

Side panel and sleeve would keep me happy for awhile LOL.

;)

skinnee
10-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Plus, you always have someone to blame additional purchases on. ;)

Detale
10-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Glad you're back man good that you are feeling better. any new pics to speak of???

turtletrax
10-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Glad you're back man good that you are feeling better. any new pics to speak of???

Not yet, I will be waiting untill I have some pics worthy of showing. I will waint untill I get my sleeving done and BP gets rotary's on the market again. MY CPU loop really leaves something to be desired ATM.

No worries tho, I have some surprises in store, so the wait will be worth it ;)

tajoh111
10-05-2008, 09:38 PM
I really like that reservoir. It looks really nice. Those pumps are nice and small and really can be hidden. Is noise a problem. I heard the mcp355 were a bit loud and two of them sounds really loud.

turtletrax
10-05-2008, 10:53 PM
I really like that reservoir. It looks really nice. Those pumps are nice and small and really can be hidden. Is noise a problem. I heard the mcp355 were a bit loud and two of them sounds really loud.

Thanks. The res's are very nice, but I got them too big. Now turns into a big pain in the arse.

As far as the DDC-2 and noise, as long as you isolate the vibrations they are quite quiet. The one mounted to the basement of the TJ is almost silent as there is so much Alu there. My other one is quite loud ATM, but will be taking care of that in my future revision of the build.

ShoNuff
10-12-2008, 10:49 AM
TT...I like your work! So much so, that between you and BA I'm going to kiss my U2-UF0 goodbye and get a TJ07.:D What I like most about this case is the fact that I can keep my rads and pumps in a smaller case.

Do you have any more pics of showing the other side (left side) or perhaps the gap between the two rads (PSU area)?

turtletrax
10-12-2008, 11:47 AM
TT...I like your work! So much so, that between you and BA I'm going to kiss my U2-UF0 goodbye and get a TJ07.:D What I like most about this case is the fact that I can keep my rads and pumps in a smaller case.

Do you have any more pics of showing the other side (left side) or perhaps the gap between the two rads (PSU area)?

Thanks M8 :)

You will like the TJ-07. It is allot of work, but well worth it.

I have laid off the pics because I am waiting on parts and I am unhappy with the current state of the build. But I will snap a few shots for you and send them in a PM later this evening ;)

As far as the gap between the two rad, there is none LOL I used 38mm fans and feser rads = no room at all left over. Less than one MM :up:

turtletrax
02-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Hey guys.

Life has been a whirlwind and with the move to the country and the 100ft spruce trees, finding any decent internet has been near impossible. With Satellite internet running around $100 a month and hardware and install around $700 and only getting 300MB a day, I am sceptical. All you have to do is look at xplornetsucks.com to see what I am worried about.

Still no excuse to leave such a great community behind, so I broke down and got lowly dial-up until BBOPL rears its head.

As soon as I got back online I got in touch with BlueAqua to see what is new and he said he had some goodies for sale and asked if I wanted them :). Being the hardware junkie I am, I barely had to hear the first sentance to accept his fantastic deals. So far I have secured a Asus Rampage II Extreme, i7 920, 3x2G of Corsair Dominator 1600's and ordered a AC DI with the 1366 plate.

I will be using the majority of my same cooling from the pervious build, but will add some goddies from Murdermod and a new route using BP rotaries and finally getting around to sleeving. I also have access to a decent paint booth now so I will be doing some painting.

The one nice thing is I will be able to upload my pics to the build log at work as we have a decent connection there.

So, look for this rig to finally get finnished and in the style that it should have been in the first place.

Patriote
02-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Oh I am all excited man! Can't wait too see the pics :) Murdermod you said m8?

Man, It's been too long since we spoke my friend! Hop on Msn or send me an e-mail!

I haven't had any money left to buy new stuff since my past RIG... So i can't buy anything new but i so much would like to get my hands dirty on an I7 set-up!

Anyway, as always, I am subscribed to your stuff m8!

BlueAqua
02-28-2009, 07:04 AM
About time Damon. :eek:

I've been waiting for you to finish this for a while now and I'm so glad you're back with a decent internet connection. I know you won't let us down.

turtletrax
02-28-2009, 07:46 AM
Oh I am all excited man! Can't wait too see the pics :) Murdermod you said m8?

Man, It's been too long since we spoke my friend! Hop on Msn or send me an e-mail!

I haven't had any money left to buy new stuff since my past RIG... So i can't buy anything new but i so much would like to get my hands dirty on an I7 set-up!

Anyway, as always, I am subscribed to your stuff m8!

Yes it has been wayyy too long! Ever since I moved from the city I have had very little time for just about anything but family and work. I seriously underestimated how much time a little one can soak up, but I have so much fun playing with Chazz that it really is a pleasure more than anything else.

As far as MSN, the download is over 50MB now for messenger and that is impossible on a dial-up connection and I dont think there is a standalone package for it, but I do have skype. My username is ofcourse turtletrax, so feel free to add me and we can continue our chats!! :up:

I still love your MM rig. One of my very fav builds of all time. You spent so much on that rig that we all forgive you for not having the cash to buy i7 stuff LOL. If we weren't 3/4 of a country apart you could get your hands dirty on my i7 stuff :p:.

About time Damon. :eek:

I've been waiting for you to finish this for a while now and I'm so glad you're back with a decent internet connection. I know you won't let us down.

Ya, I know BA. I honestly wasnt ready to get back to it untill now. If I would have tried any earlier it would have suffered overall. And my connection while not being "decent" it is at least "reliable" now, which I guess I should be thankfull for. I guess I just have too pay up or shut up for anything better ATM.:rofl:

Again thanks for thinking of me with the hardware and the support. I promise I will not let you guys down ;)

j.almonte
02-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Now i know who beat on the R2E !!!!! damnnnnn youu TT !!!!!!

Dangals
02-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Hey TT - good to see you back!!

I cannot wait to see some updates to this build :yepp: just dont keep us waiting too long ;)

turtletrax
03-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Now i know who beat on the R2E !!!!! damnnnnn youu TT !!!!!!

LOL

Hey TT - good to see you back!!

I cannot wait to see some updates to this build :yepp: just dont keep us waiting too long ;)

Thanks Dangals! No more three month gaps between updates, I promise!!! :p:

turtletrax
03-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Well, my US shipping woes continue...

I tracked my Couplex DI and USPS has status set as MISSENT.

Yikes...

Edit: I thought I had better get all my U.S. stuff ordered ASAP if it is going to go down like this, so I ordered my MCW-NBMAX and my anti-cyclone inserts for my Res's. I may need some of you to pray for me LOL.

turtletrax
03-11-2009, 08:13 AM
Small update...

Did the 24 pin sleeve on my PSU last night and will continue with my PCI-E cables tonite. Will have some pics for tomorrow of that. I have to say it was allot harder than I had thought. HUGE props to Charles, BA and Dangals for the perfect jobs they pull off regularly. Also like to thank Dangals for his great sleeve guide!

As far as the rest, I am still waiting for stuff to arrive. I think my DI is in town I just have to pick it up. I am hoping my mobo/CPU/Ram are here soon as I want to get clocking for the NCIX contest. Prolly wont win, but never know if I dont try ;)

MomijiTMO
03-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Ouch dude. Good luck with your shipping. Third time lucky?

turtletrax
03-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Ouch dude. Good luck with your shipping. Third time lucky?

Hey MomijiTMO :wave:

I am hoping that it goes smoother, but only time can tell. Still nothing has shown up and I was hoping to get a good start on everything this weekend.

I know I said I would have pics of the PSU up but yestersay the little guy wanted "Daddy time" so that nixed any work and my pin tool just broke. I also cannot find staples for the life of me right now. Looks like I cant do much more untill tomorrow.

:shrug:

MomijiTMO
03-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Haha well enjoy time with the little dude and hopefully the second package will turn up!

turtletrax
03-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Hey guys.

OK, so pretty big update, but no pics untill Monday when I have High Speed access.

All packages arrived in good condition except.... ya, you guessed it, the PPC's package. Nothing major, but still aggrivating. One of the anti-cyclones was cracked and a piece fell off. So I dont even think I will use it.

So, I will quickly go through what has come.

Asus Rampage II Extreme
Corsair 3x2 1600
Intel i7 920 batch number 3842A614 (OPB has one from exact batch and it is sick, so I hope I get the same luck!)

All of the above parts are from BlueAqua so I would like to give a huge thank you to him. A great guy with massive talent and I am glad to have his help :up:

Couplex Double Impact
MCW-NBMAX
EK anti-cyclones
20 Bitspower 1/2" fatboy barbs (dark sparkle)
2 Bitspower 1/2" rotary 45's (dark sparkle)
4 Bitspower 1/2" rotary 90's (dark sparkle)
1366 backplate (only thing in stock in canada was the Swiftech GTX adaptor and backplate)

Yesterday I picked up several cans of Alu etching spray primer and satin finnish spray paint. I have the majority of it painted atm and have taken some pics of that as well.

I am hoping to get everything put back together tonite, but I dont think I will have all the sleeving done as I think I will be ordering another psycopack from Charles/Kirk allong with the new ATX pin tool. I have 2 more systems to sleeve and really do not want to mess around with staples and the like ;)

I am pretty hyped to get to work on my OC so I think I will have an all nighter to get this all routed and then I will be able to spend the time needed on sleeving while it is being tested.

I also have allot of pics of the HTPC that used to have a P5K-Premo in it. I have swapped all the guts out of the original TJ-07 (MFII, 2x2 Dominators,E8400) and mated it with my 8800GTS/HX 620/Asus Xonar D2X/7200.11 750GB in a Silverstone Crown. I need to get more MDPC sleeve (the stuff is amazing!!! and worth every penny BTW)

I also will be posting pics of my Server and my testbench. The Server is going to be swaped around with other hardware I have and I will be building a Bench in the near future

So, see you all with allot of pics on Monday!!!

MomijiTMO
03-21-2009, 06:52 PM
LMAO, the delivery man [or PPC staff] must see you address and decide to play some soccer with your package.

turtletrax
03-23-2009, 05:52 PM
LMAO, the delivery man [or PPC staff] must see you address and decide to play some soccer with your package.

If I were a betting man I would wager you LOL.

SO here are some pics, finally. I loaded them at work but did not have time to post, so here I am on dial-up trying to use Photobucket...

Painting

turtletrax
03-23-2009, 06:03 PM

SO here are some pics, finally. I loaded them at work but did not have time to post, so here I am on dial-up trying to use Photobucket...

What I started with

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0093-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0092-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0094.jpg

New Hardware ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0102-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0105-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0106.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0109-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0119-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0124-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0134.jpg

Fun with BP Rotary 45's

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0157.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0159.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0163.jpg

PPC's finest LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0099-1.jpg

Painting

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0182.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0183-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0183-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0185-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0187-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0190-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0194-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0196-2.jpg

Mobo Tray w/ hardware installed

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0239-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0242-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0243.jpg

Case w/pained internals

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0244.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0247.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0248.jpg

Case w/Murderplate installed

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0249.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0246-1.jpg

Quick shots of the HTPC (Unfinnished)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0148.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0150.jpg

turtletrax
03-23-2009, 06:05 PM

What I started with

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0093-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0092-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0094.jpg

New Hardware ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0102-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0105-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0106.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0109-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0119-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0124-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0134.jpg

Fun with BP Rotary 45's

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0157.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0159.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0163.jpg

PPC's finest LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0099-1.jpg

Painting

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0182.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0183-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0183-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0185-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0187-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0190-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0194-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0196-2.jpg

Mobo Tray w/ hardware installed

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0239-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0242-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0243.jpg

Case w/pained internals

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0244.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0247.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0248.jpg

Case w/Murderplate installed

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0249.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0246-1.jpg

Quick shots of the HTPC (Unfinnished)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0148.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0150.jpg

Well there it is, stage 1. More to come!

Jokester_wild
03-23-2009, 06:32 PM
very nice, where is the rad for the media center going to be placed ?

dualbrain
03-23-2009, 06:55 PM
turtletrax: I like how you fill the case up so well while keeping an understated look.

BlueAqua
03-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Looking good Damon. That's one hell of an htpc. I want to see that x58 in action. ;)

skinnee
03-23-2009, 07:44 PM
:woot: Pics!!!

Looking good tt, looking good. :up: What did you end up doing for a sound card?

turtletrax
03-23-2009, 08:39 PM
very nice, where is the rad for the media center going to be placed ?

Thank you! I will be fabricating an external "keg" system that will mount in my rack when I get around to finnishing my Home Theater set-up. Should end up pretty sweet as I will have everything in a closet type room and will be exchanging air with an adjacent room so I wont have to worry about heat buildup. All I have to run is a IR reapeater and an HDMI to the projector ;)

turtletrax: I like how you fill the case up so well while keeping an understated look.

Thanks Dualbrain. Bling has never really been my thing, and this is my first build with looks in mind. I am more of a hardware junkie than a builder, but I was so impressed with what people were doing with the TJ-07 I wanted to do my best impression of a nice set-up.

I really cant wait to see what it looks like all sleeved up in MDPC sleeve. Allot of time spent toiling away but I think it is what makes the leap from nice to beautiful. I also think it keeps it classic and understated, well, black anyway :up:

Looking good Damon. That's one hell of an htpc. I want to see that x58 in action. ;)

Thanks Kirk ;)

I know you are not much of a HTPC person, but when I get my HT setup done and you come for the Alberta Rockies tour I will show you what a sweet HTPC system looks like on a 105" JVC DILA Projector. :yepp:

Not testing the new hardware is killing me, but I know I need all the drive to finnish this rig proper with the spare time I have. I have decided I will take as much time as needed to do it right. I will be making an order for some stuff this week from you and perhaps a few other things on my mind. ;)

:woot: Pics!!!

Looking good tt, looking good. :up: What did you end up doing for a sound card?

Thanks Cam!

I am still on the fence for my sound card. I am debating SLI 280's, so if that is the case the R2E will not allow a PCI card (I think) so that would leave me with my LM modded Xonar D2X. I would like to leave my Prelude in there tho, so I guess time will tell. I have way to many sound cards LOL.

Can wait to see your next triple rad shoutout Cam! I am really looking forward to it!!

Jhors2
03-23-2009, 08:47 PM
How did you mod your D2X??

skinnee
03-23-2009, 08:56 PM
I am still on the fence for my sound card. I am debating SLI 280's, so if that is the case the R2E will not allow a PCI card (I think) so that would leave me with my LM modded Xonar D2X. I would like to leave my Prelude in there tho, so I guess time will tell. I have way to many sound cards LOL.

Ahh, dilemmas! :ROTF: One of these days I need to send you a card for some serious modding action. Prelude still kicks all the others, even though its PCI eh?

Can wait to see your next triple rad shoutout Cam! I am really looking forward to it!!

Taking a bit longer than I expected...as usual. ;) I am getting some numbers that are slightly different than I expected, so I want to retest one or all from the first round to verify my results. Just want to be sure. However, I need to get cracking on these i7 CPU blocks though, I think I can see the torches and pitchforks in the distance. :D

I'm 23 skidoo for tonight, take care mate. :up:

turtletrax
03-23-2009, 09:00 PM
How did you mod your D2X??

The D2X has NS LM4562's OpAmps on the L/R channels and then the saw fit to use an (in my opinon) inferior OpAmp on the remaining channels. So bad so that I cannot even remember which one, so I removed them and replaced with matching LM4562's. Kinda sucks as they only improve analog output and it is running digital :rofl:

I have been modding sound cards for some time but I found OpAmp modding the D2X extremely hard as they surround the OpAmps with very tall rectangle caps that make it a nightmare. And this is coming from a guy that thought the "D0" point on the original Xbox mod chip install was easy.

I guess I just dont see the advantage for these companies to mix and match components that dramatically effect sound stage when just about everything is multi-channel these days :rolleyes:

Nice thing is the D2X has Burr-Brown DACs that are regularly sported on high end HT equipment for its digital chops ;)

turtletrax
03-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Ahh, dilemmas! :ROTF: One of these days I need to send you a card for some serious modding action. Prelude still kicks all the others, even though its PCI eh?

Taking a bit longer than I expected...as usual. ;) I am getting some numbers that are slightly different than I expected, so I want to retest one or all from the first round to verify my results. Just want to be sure. However, I need to get cracking on these i7 CPU blocks though, I think I can see the torches and pitchforks in the distance. :D

I'm 23 skidoo for tonight, take care mate. :up:

I would love to mod a card for you! Most of my mods are for a analog improvement, unless you want a crystal clock mod (reduce jitter), but they can get really pricey and are really easy to do (basic desolder/resolder, one component). It is removing 4 or more OpAmps and replacing them and looking like a robot did it that is hard. :rofl:

You can also spend a mint on recapping as so on, so the sky is the limit.

The main reason I would like to keep the prelude in my rig is that it fully hardware supports EAX 5 and still has fantastic sound and stunning quality of its components. I really do like the Xonar but like most sound cards the drivers leave much to be desired. I can forgive Asus as they are fairly new, whereas Creative needs a beating and there inlies the thing that I dont like about the Prelude. The dont have their own drivers and rely on Creative for that... so, what does a guy do :confused:

I for one will never pull out the pitchforks on you, unless the Couplex DI is not in your i7 round-up :ROTF:

Just kidding m8. I am sure I speak for many when I say I am gratious for all your hard work. Many thanks :up:

I am out too.

Ttyall l8r

ShoNuff
03-23-2009, 10:49 PM
TT your build is coming along nicely. I gotta say I really like the AC block!

Picking up on your sound card discussion with Skinnee, I am also using the Prelude and found it to be the best card I've ever heard. Unfortunately it won't work with my current build. It looks like my only other option is a PCI-E soundcard. I want an EAX 5.0 capable card for gaming purposes so that puts me back in bed with Creative. What do you think of the components Creative uses on the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium?

turtletrax
03-24-2009, 10:40 AM
TT your build is coming along nicely. I gotta say I really like the AC block!

Picking up on your sound card discussion with Skinnee, I am also using the Prelude and found it to be the best card I've ever heard. Unfortunately it won't work with my current build. It looks like my only other option is a PCI-E soundcard. I want an EAX 5.0 capable card for gaming purposes so that puts me back in bed with Creative. What do you think of the components Creative uses on the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium?

Thanks ShoNuff!

I am not too sure about the Titanium, but I have not been a fan of Creative PCB or components. I dont really think that they will ever change either.

Perhaps the Auzen Forte or the Asus Essence. I know you are going to trade EAX support but you get quality of product and a decent sound stage in the deal.

A well put post on the subject ;)

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3577335&postcount=7

MomijiTMO
03-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Crap, a new pc in the making and you just finished this? Sweet.

charles_h
03-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Great to see you back Damon. :)

Nice job so far on the machine M8 - looking forward to seeing the final result. :up:

turtletrax
03-25-2009, 10:43 AM
Great to see you back Damon. :)

Nice job so far on the machine M8 - looking forward to seeing the final result. :up:

Thanks Chaz!! I finally have the room and tools to do it right. I think this version will turn out allot better ;)

I am still amazed by how awesome the Stealth Faceplate and sleeve are. Simply stunning stuff :up:

turtletrax
05-31-2009, 02:20 PM
Broke down and ordered more stuff ;)

Another GTX 280 with Nickel EK block
2 x EK ramplates (Gonna drop the one RAMback and sell it)
Bitspower R2E Black Freezer NB/SB block
Bitspower Mosfet blocks
Bunch more Bitspower 1/2" Fatboys in black sparkle
A whole bunch more sleeving from Charles_H. :cool: Ya I said it... Whiners.
Added another Vertex 30G
EK turbo top so I can run 2xDDC-2's on the NB/SB/Mosfet/CPU loop.
and 2 more Sythe FDB fans for the top of the case.
Mini NG so I can control all three pumps along with independant rad fan control
Bitspower 1/2 Plugs with thermal diodes.

Almost have everything sleeved and should have all parts by next weekend, and as you know by now I will never know when it is done till I am done, so save the negative comments about teasing pls ;)

shazza
05-31-2009, 08:35 PM
No teasing here. Take your time - the process of planning and building is something to be enjoyed.

Looking forward to your pics.

skinnee
05-31-2009, 09:09 PM
we don't want a kerfuffle breaking out in the build log here... ;)

Waiting for your updates buddy, but take your time! :up:

MomijiTMO
06-01-2009, 04:27 AM
You're alive =D.

turtletrax
06-01-2009, 10:23 AM
No teasing here. Take your time - the process of planning and building is something to be enjoyed.

Looking forward to your pics.

Thanks Shazza. Definately taking my time and making all necessary steps to accheive all my goals.

Just wanted to say I love your work and your benchtable is looking fantastic :up:

we don't want a kerfuffle breaking out in the build log here... ;)

Waiting for your updates buddy, but take your time! :up:

You are never going to let me live that one down are you :rofl:

Only reason I came off so snappy was my last update someone came in my thread and accused me of teasing or something :rolleyes:. Also kind of bothered by some of the negative statements pointed towards people that have done allot to further the overall look of high end computing. Makes me spend less time on the forums, which is a most likely not isolated I am sure.

You're alive =D.

Barely LOL.

I kid, I kid. All is well, just really busy with the family and all around life. Plus dial-up is a most cruel and unusual form of punnishment. I hate it so bad. That is the reaon for the limited pictures. I also have really sorry excuse for a computer at work.... lame:down:

skinnee
06-01-2009, 11:19 AM
You know I've got your back buddy, throwing out a kerfuffle or a 23 skidoo is just my way of letting you know I still have your back! :up:

kinghong1970
06-01-2009, 11:43 AM
kerfuffle or a 23 skidoo

dayum... what's that?
related to gefilte fish? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNVnfx7m8gk)

i've been away from XS waaaaay too long...

turtletrax
06-01-2009, 01:06 PM
You know I've got your back buddy, throwing out a kerfuffle or a 23 skidoo is just my way of letting you know I still have your back! :up:

Never a doubt in my mind my friend :up: I should be on skype tonite, hope to chat it up for a bit :D

dayum... what's that?
related to gefilte fish? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNVnfx7m8gk)

i've been away from XS waaaaay too long...

Just us being silly mate :yepp:

As always LOL

turtletrax
06-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Quick update.

Have all the parts and ready to finally get building. I still need to nickel my original EK 280 block, so I will build with no SLI and add it in soon.

Here are some picks of all the blocks mounted on the Mobo, no tubing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0065-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0067-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0071-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0073.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0074-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0077-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0079-1.jpg

More to come ;)

Dangals
06-18-2009, 12:41 PM
:woot: pics

good to see this starting to come together!! Looking forward to some more pics :up:

dingdong555
06-18-2009, 03:50 PM
w00t!

Can't wait for more!

skinnee
06-18-2009, 05:14 PM
ooohhh....nice work my Canuckistani friend. :D

I can't tell from the photo very well, how is the clearance of the barb on the NB/SB block and the GPU? looks a little tight.

turtletrax
06-18-2009, 06:03 PM
:woot: pics

good to see this starting to come together!! Looking forward to some more pics :up:

Thanks Daniel. Allot more to come ;)

w00t!

Can't wait for more!

Coming along quickly now, so more on the way! :up:

ooohhh....nice work my Canuckistani friend. :D

I can't tell from the photo very well, how is the clearance of the barb on the NB/SB block and the GPU? looks a little tight.

Thanks my friend! It has been a long row!

Seems like it should work out ok. My Plan is to have the GPU loop include the mobo FB block and the CPU loop include the Mosfet blocks. That may make the transition from GPU block to FB block more interesting, but I am sure it can be done easy enough with a rotary 45 or something like that.

I may come knocking before to long for opinions ;)

ACEkombatkiwi
06-18-2009, 06:09 PM
That looks sweeeet turtletrax. :up: :up: :up:

I will be starting my TJ07 dual loop build in a couple of weeks, quick question would you be able to let me know the distance between the top of the case and the motherboard i am planning on putting a 360 rad in the top and i need to know how much room i have to play with if you dont mind of course it would be helping me heaps.

Keep these awesome updates coming bro.

turtletrax
06-18-2009, 06:23 PM
That looks sweeeet turtletrax. :up: :up: :up:

I will be starting my TJ07 dual loop build in a couple of weeks, quick question would you be able to let me know the distance between the top of the case and the motherboard i am planning on putting a 360 rad in the top and i need to know how much room i have to play with if you dont mind of course it would be helping me heaps.

Keep these awesome updates coming bro.

I will grab a measure for you before bed ;) And thanks for the kind words!

Edit:

Grabbed a measure for you and the top of the mobo tray rail, from the outside of the case is 1 1/4" and the assy for the slider is 1/4". So 1 1/2" is all you got depending on how the rad fits up and how much room is left from the mobo. There is more than enough room in the basement for 2 rads easily. I have a double and a tripple Feser rads in the basement with 38mm fans. But perhaps there is a certain reason for you wanting a rad in the attic? When I get some time I will slide my mobo in and get some better info for you ;)

Kibbler
06-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Oooh very nice! This build had dropped off my radar and I'm happy to see it is back on track. Keep it up! :)

ACEkombatkiwi
06-18-2009, 08:35 PM
I will grab a measure for you before bed ;) And thanks for the kind words!

Edit:

Grabbed a measure for you and the top of the mobo tray rail, from the outside of the case is 1 1/4" and the assy for the slider is 1/4". So 1 1/2" is all you got depending on how the rad fits up and how much room is left from the mobo. There is more than enough room in the basement for 2 rads easily. I have a double and a tripple Feser rads in the basement with 38mm fans. But perhaps there is a certain reason for you wanting a rad in the attic? When I get some time I will slide my mobo in and get some better info for you ;)

Thanks bro thats awesome i really thought there would be at least twice that though :dammit:. When you get a spare moment if you could slide the mobo :bows: in to get an accurate measurement that would be awesome. I am going with 2 360 rads hence i have to place one up top i might have to get a koolance rad shroud but that will really kill the aesthetics of the case.

turtletrax
06-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Oooh very nice! This build had dropped off my radar and I'm happy to see it is back on track. Keep it up! :)

Me too LOL. Much more to come ;)

Thanks bro thats awesome i really thought there would be at least twice that though :dammit:. When you get a spare moment if you could slide the mobo :bows: in to get an accurate measurement that would be awesome. I am going with 2 360 rads hence i have to place one up top i might have to get a koolance rad shroud but that will really kill the aesthetics of the case.

Will do for sure. Gonna go hard this weekend so will get back asap!

MomijiTMO
06-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Gee don't you hate it when you take your time, perfecting everything and then bam, you have another project going? lol. Updates were great to look at and can't wait to see this TJ07 finished :D [it's looking close]

turtletrax
06-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Gee don't you hate it when you take your time, perfecting everything and then bam, you have another project going? lol. Updates were great to look at and can't wait to see this TJ07 finished :D [it's looking close]

Lol, sure do! :ROTF: Espeacially when they take 6 months :rofl:

Made MAJOR progess today. Spent about 10 hours on it and just decided to quit for the night. All I really have left is to find a way to get my both my res' alligned properly with my fillports, and run cables to my optical drive and finnish some connections to my BigNG and MiniNG.

Also have to run tubing, but I forgot to grab a wikked set of tubing cutters I found in stock at work. Gonna work perfect ;)

I will take plenty of pics tomorrow and load them at work Monday, and should have final product Monday evening with pics following the next day (minus SLI as I am still waiting for nickel plating).

Actually pretty stoked :D

MomijiTMO
06-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Oh wow you weren't kidding about 6 months =____=.

Take your time, it will be finished soon :D

turtletrax
06-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Forgot my memory stick yesterday, so no updates yesterday, but did more last night and remembered it today! :p:

I have run into a few snags that meant more work, but it is chugging along nicely.

On to some pics ;)

BigNG in HD drive mount

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0108-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0107-1.jpg

Spot the Vertexes behind :cool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0106-1.jpg

MiniNG in the basement mounted to the bottom of the midplate

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0100-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0099-2.jpg

Rads with 38mm fans on it meant very little room for running all the wire I needed to run, so I came up with this as an alternative to weaving inbetween the hammonds.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0101-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0105-3.jpg

Gonna work hard again tonite and hope to finnish all the little stuff holding me back. With any luck I will have it tubed up tonite.

Also found the best tubing cutter I have ever seen. Will take some pics tonite for yall ;)

BlueAqua
06-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Looking good Damon. Great idea with the wires and the nifty use of the Hammond boxes. Those SSD's are so small aren't they? Easy to cram into small spaces.

turtletrax
06-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Looking good Damon. Great idea with the wires and the nifty use of the Hammond boxes. Those SSD's are so small aren't they? Easy to cram into small spaces.

Thanks m8 ;)

Trying to use the path of least resistance at this point, or I would never get it done :ROTF:

I love the SSD now. So small, quiet and fast as hell. Could probably fit 6 or 7 in the TJ-07 HD cage.

On a side note, looks like a buddy of mine is buying a GTR tonite :) Should get allot of shotgun time and god willing some time in the drivers seat! Funny thing is he has an "08 M3 and wants the GTR for winter driving :yepp:

skinnee
06-23-2009, 12:45 PM
When going around doesn't work...drill right through it. Looking good my friend, but I am anxious to see the profile shots when you're ready! :up:

I think this build should be renamed kerfuffle, well maybe not. :p:

Dangals
06-23-2009, 12:58 PM
:woot: an update with Pics ;)

Looking good Damon and I cannot wait to see some shots of this thing tubed and filled!!

turtletrax
06-23-2009, 12:58 PM
When going around doesn't work...drill right through it. Looking good my friend, but I am anxious to see the profile shots when you're ready! :up:

I think this build should be renamed kerfuffle, well maybe not. :p:

Thanks Cam ;) Have all evening to work on it so hoping to get most of it done. I still have no idea how I am going to loop up and will most likely have a few questions for you guys on skype. So be prepared to get peppered with questions, pehaps tonite. I will have to crush a few pics down to like 50Kb so I can load them with dial-up LOL.

I kinda like the sounds of "Kerfuffle" as a buildname. We will have to see if I have any major leaks :rofl:

laters ;)

:woot: an update with Pics ;)

Looking good Damon and I cannot wait to see some shots of this thing tubed and filled!!

Yes, pics!!! I have been so bad at this buildlog I really have to appologize, but thems the brakes when you are a Dad.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Kinda need it at this point.

The wife is full on pregnant, Chazz is rocking the terrible twos and I am busy as hell at work, so it is greatly needed.

I do see the end of the tunnel and I am pretty damn excited to be honest, so it is all worth it.

Stay tuned folks ;)

dualbrain
06-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Very good solution with the boxes and pass-through. Love it :)

turtletrax
06-23-2009, 02:45 PM

Thanks Nils!

shazza
06-23-2009, 03:37 PM

+1 :up: Nice job, and glad you're able to get a bit of time to work on the build. It can't be easy with a toddler, and another on the way.

turtletrax
06-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Well, I got it all looped and finnished and now it wont boot. Serious failure as well. Press the power switch and get about of fifth of a second of power and it seems like it trips protection on the PS. :confused:

I am pretty much at a loss for words as it means a complete teardown and test on air, then rebuild and that is not going to happen anytime soon as the Wife is going to be induced sometime in the next week or so.

Good news is I have pics in 98% completed form, so I will load those up tomorrow so you guys can has a quick look. I had a couple of sleeves fray on me and I still need to add SLI so I wasnt too anal about tube on the GPU/NB/SB loop.

I guess worst case scenario is the the QPI module got damaged whilst making the tube connection from GPU block to QPI block...

Time will tell.

Edit: I completely forgot about your measurement ACEkombatkiwi. I dont have a actuall measurement because I looked at it closely and it was not needed. There is no way even the thinnest rad is going to fit up there with fan all on the internal side of the case. You are pretty much stuck with the Koolance shroud. Sorry mate :(

This thing is going to be antique by the time I get to use it :rolleyes:

Dangals
06-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Damn - sorry to hear about your misfortunes there TT...

Hopefully the problem will be minor and you will be able to rebuild it soon.

Oh and good luck with the next addition to the family :yepp: someone for little chaz to play with (well eventually :rolleyes:)

skinnee
06-29-2009, 07:35 PM
I know those pains!

You'll get her licked Damon...just think, you can work on the build when the weed hoppers are sleeping. You should be sleeping too, but the build and your build log audience need to hear and see pics of a completed build.

Sorry for jinxing you, but Kerfuffle is the perfect name for this build. :D

shazza
06-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Sorry to hear about the HW issue ... I'd check the easy things first ... have had that same issue happen when screws came lose on the mb ( or when the I/O plate wasn't seated properly ) and for whatever reason, it was shorting out before powering all the way up. A long shot, but worth a check.

BlueAqua
06-30-2009, 06:20 AM
Dang, sorry to hear about the hardware troubles. Sounds like a repeat of skinnee's Striker 2 fiasco... a kerfuffle for sure. ;)

Do I need to pack up the BlueAqua Bus and come up there to fix up your rig?

Enjoy your time with the family.

Dr.Joe
06-30-2009, 07:43 AM
You might wanna change the orientation of you duallaing... operating a laing upsidedown is not good... ;)

Nice Project btw :)

turtletrax
06-30-2009, 08:06 AM
Damn - sorry to hear about your misfortunes there TT...

Hopefully the problem will be minor and you will be able to rebuild it soon.

Oh and good luck with the next addition to the family :yepp: someone for little chaz to play with (well eventually :rolleyes:)

Its all good m8. I will get it beat, in due time. And by "due" I mean a few months LOL.

I know those pains!

You'll get her licked Damon...just think, you can work on the build when the weed hoppers are sleeping. You should be sleeping too, but the build and your build log audience need to hear and see pics of a completed build.

Sorry for jinxing you, but Kerfuffle is the perfect name for this build. :D

Sleep? Whats sleep? LOL. I kinda need to do a teardown anyway. A few things didnt turn out how I wanted anyway. Also need to get the other GPU block plated so I will wait untill I find time to get it in and then rebuild. Will give me time to track down the short.

I am starting to agree about the Kerfuffle namesake, seems to be neverending with this thing ;)

Sorry to hear about the HW issue ... I'd check the easy things first ... have had that same issue happen when screws came lose on the mb ( or when the I/O plate wasn't seated properly ) and for whatever reason, it was shorting out before powering all the way up. A long shot, but worth a check.

I am with you on that reasoning shazza. I mean I bought the board from BA so I know the board works. Must be something just not alligned correctly. I am gonna try it on the bench and see what it says. :cool:

Dang, sorry to hear about the hardware troubles. Sounds like a repeat of skinnee's Striker 2 fiasco... a kerfuffle for sure. ;)

Do I need to pack up the BlueAqua Bus and come up there to fix up your rig?

Enjoy your time with the family.

The BA bus is always welcome you know that. I would love to show you the Alberta rockies in the comfort of the Benz ;)

Looks like the Mrs. will be induced on Tuesday next week. I am getting pretty excited :D

You might wanna change the orientation of you duallaing... operating a laing upsidedown is not good... ;)

Nice Project btw :)

Thanks m8 :)

Running a DDC upside down is not really that bad if primed properly. How I did it with the turbo top is start the bottom pump first to make sure the ssecond is fed properly.

Oh, and sorry folks. Got 4 hours sleep and didnt have time for coffee this morning, which means my brain was not functioning at all and I forgot the pics at home :(. Please refrain from the pitchforks, I will have pics on thursday for sure. Tomorrow is Canada Day so no worky ;)

Also I am 32 today! YAY LOL

skinnee
06-30-2009, 09:06 AM
Happy birthday buddy!!!

shazza
06-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Happy Birthday! And sending you early best wishes on the arrival of your new family member. You are going to be a very busy guy!

turtletrax
06-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Happy birthday buddy!!!

Thanks m8 ;) Did you still want a DDC-2?

Happy Birthday! And sending you early best wishes on the arrival of your new family member. You are going to be a very busy guy!

Thanks shazza ;) And yes, I will be a busy guy, but loving every minute of it :up:

skinnee
06-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Ygpm!

ACEkombatkiwi
06-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Edit: I completely forgot about your measurement ACEkombatkiwi. I dont have a actuall measurement because I looked at it closely and it was not needed. There is no way even the thinnest rad is going to fit up there with fan all on the internal side of the case. You are pretty much stuck with the Koolance shroud. Sorry mate :(

Cheers for this buddy i really apreciate it :) and I feel for you in this hard time with your HW issues you are having espically being so close to finishing i know them all to well but i spouse you can look at it this way you have had it together already so when you go to do it again it wont take as long and you might even find a better way of routing tubing or wires to make it look even cleaner.

charles_h
07-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Happy belated birthday, brother! :)

You're probably still hung over - I stop yelling. :D

turtletrax
07-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Ygpm!

Sorry for the reply delay mang. Will be in touch tonite, or perhaps at next coffee break.

Cheers for this buddy i really apreciate it :) and I feel for you in this hard time with your HW issues you are having espically being so close to finishing i know them all to well but i spouse you can look at it this way you have had it together already so when you go to do it again it wont take as long and you might even find a better way of routing tubing or wires to make it look even cleaner.

Thanks ACE. I was just alittle frustrated, but has subsided now. Will tera down and it will be better for it ;)

Happy belated birthday, brother! :)

You're probably still hung over - I stop yelling. :D

Thanks Charles! Instead of getting schmammered, the wife let me go to bed early LOL. How you know you getting old :rofl:

And you can yell at me anytime after pulling off the craziest rig of all time (IMHO) :up:

Some pics of the non-responsive rig LOL

Wiring mess.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0148-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0149-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0150-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0151.jpg

GPU to FB block. (going to change for sure, dont like it)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0138.jpg

Little man ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0134-1.jpg

Tube-cutterzilla

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0127.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0128-1.jpg

Res holder mount

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0119-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0119-2.jpg

CPU loop pump

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0120.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/turtletrax/DSC_0120.jpg