PDA

View Full Version : Computer Woes

Axle Gear
09-29-2003, 08:20 PM
Ugh.

5 days straight of building a $1600 computer. Just when i'm ready to pack it and ship it, it suddenly loses power. It's dead. Gone. Kaput.

PSU is good. So is everything in the PC, except two things which I can't test right now. The Mobo (A7N8X Deluxe) and CPU (AMD XP 2700-333)

Anyone know a RELIABLE place I can get these cheap? I'm sick of getting half-assed parts like this...

Tweaked!
09-30-2003, 02:40 AM
Newegg.com is the best place to deal with as far as components go. No matter who you deal with, there's always going to be those times when you get a crappy component (it's the nature of the beast when dealing with electronic components), but the egg is one of the best places to deal with as far as getting it taken care of. Zipzoomfly (I think they're calling themselves now, it's the old Googlegear.com) is another decent place to go for good prices, but I've never had to rma anything there, so I cannot speak for their customer service. There's also Outpost.com.
Whenever you find a place you think might be decent to deal with, check their ratings here (http://resellerratings.com/) and that'll let you know where their weaknesses and strengths are.

Axle Gear
09-30-2003, 04:14 AM
Thanks. I'll put this site to good use.

I'm running the CPU now. It seems to be just fine.

Stupid motherboard. Asus may be some damned fine boards, but jeez they have a high RMA rate!