PDA

View Full Version : Feser view active UV dye dull?

icrunk
08-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Hi,

I've got some feser dye and when i first put it in, it glowed fairly nicely.. but over a week it just got really dull.. and didnt really have a UV effect.

Doesn't the UV effect last long?

Or do i just have a crap batch :p:

RickCain
08-19-2008, 05:37 AM
Mine (blue UV) has been running in a loop for over a month and is just as strong as day one. If I remember correctly the "orange" fluid is pretty dull.

MomijiTMO
08-19-2008, 05:41 AM
It will degrade but that sounds pretty odd.

Anyhoo next time opt for some UV tubing which will be better in so many ways.

MorGo7h
08-19-2008, 05:56 AM
Pbb radflux from your radiator?

orclev
08-19-2008, 06:55 AM
Speaking of UV reactive tubing, has anyone used the Feser Clear/UV-Blue tubing (http://www.feser-one.com/site/product_info.php?cPath=74&products_id=285)? I really like the idea of a clear tube/fluid that then glows blue under UV, but from looking at those pictures it doesn't look very clear, more like a cloudy grayish/blue. Anyone actually own a piece of this stuff that wouldn't mind taking a picture of it in situ so I can get a better idea of what this stuff actually looks like?

BlueAqua
08-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Speaking of UV reactive tubing, has anyone used the Feser Clear/UV-Blue tubing (http://www.feser-one.com/site/product_info.php?cPath=74&products_id=285)? I really like the idea of a clear tube/fluid that then glows blue under UV, but from looking at those pictures it doesn't look very clear, more like a cloudy grayish/blue. Anyone actually own a piece of this stuff that wouldn't mind taking a picture of it in situ so I can get a better idea of what this stuff actually looks like?

RickCain who posted above has some of the clear tubing and it looks amazing with the blue coolant. Search for his pics.

orclev
08-19-2008, 09:05 AM
RickCain who posted above has some of the clear tubing and it looks amazing with the blue coolant. Search for his pics.

Yes, I've seen the blue coolant, and that was actually what I was looking at initially (with perhaps some nice Tygon tubing), but I'd like to avoid using dyes if at all possible, hence my query about the colored tubing. If I can achieve the same clear/UV-Blue effect using the tubing with just distilled water, so much the better. My concern is that the pictures of the tubing I've all seen make it look like a cloudy bluish grey color, as opposed to a true clear.

Edit: Still looking through his pictures, but so far haven't seen any of the tubing that didn't have the blue liquid in it. I'm trying to get an idea what this stuff would look like with plain water in it, under normal light, and if possible under UV as well.