PDA

View Full Version : New It7! It7 Max2!

sysfailur
07-24-2002, 04:00 AM
Was just wondering around on the internet after staying up all night browsing forums and sites and look what I found!

http://www.abit.com.tw/abitweb/webjsp/english/pt_main_back.jsp?pPRODUCT_TYPE=MotherBoard&pMODEL_NAME=IT7-MAX2

http://202.168.194.118/abit/upload/products/large/it7max2-large.jpg

Unshra
07-24-2002, 04:29 AM
Saw the Abit as well now if Seagate would hurry up and release their serial drive :P I would like to finally see a 333DDR Intel though that would be the only incentive for me to get another DDR board.

sysfailur
07-24-2002, 04:35 AM
Robble! Serial ATA looks the s_ _t. I want Serial Raid!@#@#

Unshra
07-24-2002, 05:18 AM
Hehe... I here you, you can buy Serial ATA Raid Cards many sites carry them even newegg (i think.) I have fallen in love with the Seagate 120GB 570Mb transfer speed and 8MB cache. Ah what the hell here’s the link :p http://www.seagate.com/cda/products/discsales/personal/family/0,1085,563,00.html

CSHawkeye81
07-24-2002, 06:36 AM
dude i might as well just get that, when does it come out.

sysfailur
07-24-2002, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Unshra
Hehe... I here you, you can buy Serial ATA Raid Cards many sites carry them even newegg (i think.) I have fallen in love with the Seagate 120GB 570Mb transfer speed and 8MB cache. Ah what the hell here’s the link :p http://www.seagate.com/cda/products/discsales/personal/family/0,1085,563,00.html

*DROOL*

Sack
07-24-2002, 09:11 AM
The difference as far as I can tell is the IT7 Max2 has got the PS2 ports, whereas the IT7 Max doesn't. They both have the same chipsets so with that in mind the IT7 Max2 should be a good OCer like the IT7 Max is, or it least thats what I'm thinking?
Personally, I don't need the Raid or on board Lan, thats not a big deal I can disable it in the bios. Its clear theres alot of features that one can use and eventually grow into at a later time.
What color is it? Black, purple? Might look decent with a window case mod. and some color neons.
The BD7-11 and the IT7 Max2 are so far the only intel boards thats been getting looks from me. What can I say, I love abits softmenu bios.

Ewok
07-24-2002, 11:16 AM
afaik a single hdd on a serial ata wont be any faster than a single standard ide hdd like a WD SE. Because all the serial ata does is up the total available bandwidth from 130 of ide to a hell of alot more. Seeing as the ide bandwidth is only JUST starting to get fully used on fast striped raid setups, I dont see any need for serial ata at all until we get drives that will actually go faster than the current ide transfer rate.

Of course that could all be wrong, maybe someone can clarify.

sysfailur
07-25-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Ewok
afaik a single hdd on a serial ata wont be any faster than a single standard ide hdd like a WD SE. Because all the serial ata does is up the total available bandwidth from 130 of ide to a hell of alot more. Seeing as the ide bandwidth is only JUST starting to get fully used on fast striped raid setups, I dont see any need for serial ata at all until we get drives that will actually go faster than the current ide transfer rate.

Of course that could all be wrong, maybe someone can clarify.

I've seen bandwidth benchies and they're quite impressive....

sysfailur
07-25-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Sack
The difference as far as I can tell is the IT7 Max2 has got the PS2 ports, whereas the IT7 Max doesn't. They both have the same chipsets so with that in mind the IT7 Max2 should be a good OCer like the IT7 Max is, or it least thats what I'm thinking?
Personally, I don't need the Raid or on board Lan, thats not a big deal I can disable it in the bios. Its clear theres alot of features that one can use and eventually grow into at a later time.
What color is it? Black, purple? Might look decent with a window case mod. and some color neons.
The BD7-11 and the IT7 Max2 are so far the only intel boards thats been getting looks from me. What can I say, I love abits softmenu bios.

It's black, and hey, onboard lan, that's one less pci card to have :P

CSHawkeye81
07-26-2002, 04:27 AM
yeah plus it might not have the temp errors the it7 has.

UaZa
07-26-2002, 06:43 AM
What is that temp error;
reports high temps or what..eheh

Silversink
08-01-2002, 03:09 PM
Just so you know this mobo will be on store shelves in 3-4 weeks.....I spoke to Abit on the phone today ;)