PDA

View Full Version : Can you buy laing D5 rotor?

RADCOM
08-15-2008, 03:59 PM
I haven't contacted the company yet. Through some weird quirk of bad karma and probability I managed to get a smal screw and washer into the rotor of the pump and it has left some rust on the impeller ( should I call it that?) I wondered why temps had jumped 10 degrees. Anyways I tried coca cola and ketchup ( yes I'm not an a grade science grad ) and most of it has gone but small particles are adhered to the insides of the rotor. It's plastic so I should try some type of rust remover? to those of you wetting themselves on the floor ...it could happen to anyone:rofl:
Will post pic 2morrow when vista decides to recognize USB devices after recent patches:shrug:

RADCOM
08-15-2008, 04:32 PM
can try ebay for parts sorry for the mishap

i can relate to that, cleaning my quadrajet carb at school in carb cleaner whent to lunch came back was gone someone stole it?

i lifted the screen tray an all was left thottleshaft and metal screws, the acid ate the rest.
wtf was in that carb cleaner? The pump still works I just don't want little bits of rust in my loop. I'll definitely not use that for trying to remove the rust ....thanks