PDA

View Full Version : Help Asus Maximus Extreme owners

Locksley
08-14-2008, 03:02 AM
I've just put my new system under water.

It's the Asus Maximus board.
Intel q4590
OCZ Reaper hpc DDR3 1300 CL6 1.75 V
Nvida 8800GTX

Pump MPC 355 with EK x-top
D-tek Fuzion v2
EK 8800GTX full cover top
EK NB block

Now! It wont post past "detecting Dram" according to the LCD poster.

The monitor never even start up - it's just the first part of post.

Things I tried:
1. Switch around the DRAMS, all kind of constalations.
2. Checked CPU seating and GFX card.
3. Checked power cords.
4. Tried installing a CPU fan (in case ther were some hardware sensing)
5. Both 4pin and 8pin ATX power conectore.
6. 24pin ATX power cord seatad correctly.

Also! The LCD post shows "init CPU" even though I haven't started the computer. When starting the only thing that gets showned on the LCD is Detecting Dram. That's the first and only thing that gets showned when starting the comp. Nothing happens after that.

Fans working and MB seems to be allright.

!!! Read someone using OCZ memories without problems; can someone confirm this?
I'm writing this at work and haven't got any acces to a computer really... Will check this in a couple of hours.

Cheers!

Bobly
08-14-2008, 03:07 AM
"DET DRAM" means "Detecting DRAM."
if your board is hanging on that step of the boot process, try some different ram.

the G.Skill PI checked out fine for full stability so i have dropped the Mushkin Ascents in and originally they would reboot during dual 32M SPi. i then went to the G.Skill PI kit and it wouldn't even boot, hung on detecting DRAM. even after a clear CMOS it still wouldn't boot. i went to a single stick and it came right up but the XMP profile was all screwed up, timings were all over the place. i then set defaults with the single stick, saved and exited, and it came up with correct XMP timings??? threw in the second stick and voila, the G.Skill PI ran fine.

Just two suggestions I found while googling. It def looks like the ram is the issue, and you'll need to either try another kind of fiddle with BIOS settings (all to auto if possible first :))

Locksley
08-14-2008, 03:17 AM
Yeah - thanks.

I was on my way to buy some new (older) ram today, but they didn't have any DDR3 in stock :(

I will try to download a newer BIOS at a friend and update that via an USB-stick. Too bad I am working all days this week.... :(

EDIT - - - Allthough it looks like I'll have to buy new mem since I can't get to the BIOS to update.... will read up on that. END edit.

Thanks!