PDA

View Full Version : What RAM plays best with the Asus Rampage Extreme?

Shaitan00
08-13-2008, 10:51 PM
I've been doing a lot of reading and realized that the Asus Rampage Extreme (motherboard I am waiting on) doesn't play nice with most RAM - now I am not looking to OC (much - maybe bring my Q9550 to 3.0ghz) but the last thing I want is to buy RAM that causes me issues...

That being said - typically I am a huge fan of OCZ (reaper kits looked really nice) - but before I go and buy anything I wanted to ask for some feedback/recommendations - hopefully from those already running the Asus Rampage Extreme and had gone through the pains I am trying to avoid (thanks guys ...)

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

(btw- looking to buy 2x2 gigs of RAM for my system - with Vista - hopefully that will be more then enough)
Thanks,

Scray XXI
08-14-2008, 07:38 AM
I have the Rampage Formula and don't believe what others are saying: it is an amazing motherboard.

I use the OCZ ReaperX and overclocking to 1066MHz doesn't even require effort. You're on the right track if you like OCZ.

NOTE: I got the ones with the huge heatsinks on top. Despite what other reviewers have said, they fit in the slots next to each other if you ever need to.

tjelaw
08-14-2008, 02:38 PM
quick question; for overclocking in general.

If I want to OC on a P45 motherboard, lets say an P5Q or a Biostar I45, and I want to reach like 500+ fsb. Which memory should I pick? Or do they perform equal and it all comes down to personal brand preference? Both sets are 2x2GB PC2-8500

Corsair Dominator TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF (5-5-5-15)
OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC 4GB (5-5-5-18)