PDA

View Full Version : Faulty motherboard and RMA in the UK

clone38
08-13-2008, 08:10 AM
Sent my Blackops back to the UK shop(YoyoTech) i got it from and it has been tested as faulty,only problem is they say its got to go back to Foxconn to be replaced and will take 2 weeks,i thought the shop should cover the warranty for the first year and replace it right away or am i wrong.

Ive had ASUS motherboards replaced within a few days of finding a fault by other shops and was hoping the same but i guess im wrong,and im not to happy at spending £250 on a motherboard that ive only had a few months use of,dont get me wrong the support on here has been great and i have learned a lot about my fisrt Foxconn board but this may well be my last one as well.

RAYTTK
08-13-2008, 11:17 AM
I had an EVGA blackpearl that broke after only a few months, Micro direct would not swap it because more than 28 days had passed I think thats the time they legally have to replace a defective product, they would however RMA to EVGA Germany for me but said it could take a month, they also hinted it would be quicker if i delt direct with EVGA. so I posted to Germany and it cost £19 & took a month to completion. when the board came back it had 6 serial number stickers one on top of another and was oviously thirdhand and i paid £350 for that board originaly so EVGA get the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE AWARD FROM ME. Good luck with your RMA please let me know how you fair with Foxconn.I have only had one issue with my blackops and they have been quite helpful.

carlb
08-13-2008, 01:37 PM
why dont you contact Foxconn UK and get you rma done throught them
they were very good for me :)

For me the turn around was about 4 days

good luck

HDCHOPPER
08-13-2008, 03:18 PM
:welcome: welcome to the forum carlb :yepp:
and thanks for the input :up:

eye have used foxconn boards for years and the co. is solid & allways fixed what was wrong or replaced it ... but 3rd hand shops can be a PITA

eyem shure if thiers anything that can be done on thier end saaya will push it:D

good luck clone 38