PDA

View Full Version : New sound system?

Vullf
08-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Well, im planning to go buy a new sound system.
But what's the best one at the moment?
I've been looking at the Creative S750 but anyone got any experienses with it?

The system im looking for must be THX certified.

Thanks for your help out there (;

Kondik
08-12-2008, 11:56 PM
<- Proud owner of Creative S750 here

The system is amazing if you connect it to a propper soundcard
I tried them with the onboard bug and the sound is kinda different and dull

It's great for Games and DVD's but I wouldnt recomend it for music if you're a Hardcore music fanatic,
For Music I prefer headphones over those 750s

But for gaming and movies Its yummy

Nanometer
08-12-2008, 11:58 PM
I'm a proud Z-5500 owner.

RAW-Raptor22
08-12-2008, 11:59 PM
Buy a receiver, sme vintage bookshelvers and a sub or two. Once you go with a receiver, you never go back. :up:

Vullf
08-13-2008, 12:07 AM
Well, it will be expensive if im gonna set up my own hifi system. And im not that much into it atm.

But i was thinking S750 vs. http://www.cybertheater.com/sony-bravia-theatre-htp-bd2rsf/. But this Sony system is also like 500$ more expensive in denmark.

RAW-Raptor22
08-13-2008, 12:34 AM
Well, it will be expensive if im gonna set up my own hifi system. And im not that much into it atm.

But i was thinking S750 vs. http://www.cybertheater.com/sony-bravia-theatre-htp-bd2rsf/. But this Sony system is also like 500$ more expensive in denmark.

Not too expensive, and you could always go the DIY speaker route. Get a receiver (try craigslist) for around $150, and get a set of bookshelf speakers. Also, sony isnt that fantastic for audio. :yepp:

Vullf
08-13-2008, 12:37 AM
Yeah right i know. But yeah, hmm. I still think ima go for the "Done" system if you understand.

Sp8rk3y
08-14-2008, 06:17 AM
I can personally say I got both the Z-5500 & the S750 & I was slightly disappointed in the Creative system it didnt live up to my expections at all even when both were hooked up to a SB X-FI while having 7.1 is cool I got my good old Logitech 5.1 system again

Vullf
08-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Gues i'm gonna get the Logitech then :D

JayG30
08-14-2008, 11:57 AM
A nice quality receiver and bookshelf speakers is what I will always use. I find computer speakers and expensive sound cards just don't compare. Also if all you need from a receiver is audio than it isn't expensive at all. Quality bookshelf speakers that would last you a lifetime aren't that expensive either if you know where and what to look for. I suggest if you ever go that route ask for advice in the receiver and speaker subsections of AVSforums. That Sony setup is NOT quality and is not what you need. FYI, most Sony AV products are overpriced for the performance they give. Case in point there receivers are just as, if not more, expensive than the competition while providing higher THD (distortion) numbers and sounding like tin cans. If you really do consider going the receiver bookshelf route provide a budget. :up:

ripken204
08-15-2008, 12:12 AM
Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1 and X-Fi Prelude is the best computer speaker setup in my opinion.
you get real bass as opposed to what logitech think bass is.
the S750 is 7.1 which is supported by pretty much nothing.. a few games and i havnt come across any movies/music that are 7.1