PDA

View Full Version : Feser One - Foamy Buildup

nebj00la
08-12-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm noticing foamy buildup inside my resevoir all of the sudden. Also, the tubing is becoming cloudy. I thought this was zero maintenance fluid? If not, what do I need to treat this?

Thanks,
nebj00la

HotGore
08-12-2008, 05:11 PM
My god what is that?

NiscoRacing
08-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Very nasty indeed :eh:

Need more detail about your hole WC setup!

eXa
08-12-2008, 05:16 PM
did u clean the rad before use... got any alu in the loop?

DarthBeavis
08-12-2008, 05:19 PM
it does that . . .but usually not that bad

BlueAqua
08-12-2008, 05:30 PM
What radiator do you have? Did you clean it before installing it?

Flip_Lx
08-12-2008, 06:12 PM
did by chance mix it with pt nuke?

IanY
08-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Achtung!! ... Mein Gott in Himmel !!!!

O-M-G !!!

Conumdrum
08-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Low maintenance...Distilled and PT-Nuke.

And thats really really ugly, don't put it by any energy source, it might be the BLOB!

twwen2
08-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Eww, that's not good! :eek:

The pics aren't clear enough for me, but i've never seen anything like that before...

Eddie3dfx
08-12-2008, 06:35 PM
aliens have planted their spawn in your watercooling kit.
I have no idea what that is

Sparky
08-12-2008, 06:36 PM
:sick:

IanY
08-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Thus the great Feser One.

RealRedRaider... you there? you see?

Bojamijams
08-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Well it seems fitting to be said...

WATER + PT_NUKE FTW!!! :up:

Sparky
08-12-2008, 07:43 PM
was this feser dye or the premixed 'non-conductive' feser fluid?

IanY
08-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Sparky,

Its the pre-mix. Its what Feser One is.

Now we have evidence.

RealRedRaider... now imagine that inside your EK Supreme impingement jets eh..

Sparky
08-12-2008, 07:48 PM
ah ok I wondered but wasn't sure.. almost midnight, you know, not totally mentally there at this time :p:

at least that's my attempt at an excuse.... :para: :wasntme:

eXa
08-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Brings back memories to all the clogged storm blocks...

IanY
08-12-2008, 08:01 PM
And thus my severe allergy to all these jet impingement blocks. Just nightmares coming back.

Sparky
08-12-2008, 08:07 PM
And thus my severe allergy to all these jet impingement blocks. Just nightmares coming back.

True. Even when my fuzion got super gunked up it still functioned rather well.

Flip_Lx
08-12-2008, 08:11 PM
so what makes it do that? i mean i ran a storm with thermaltake fluid for years and had no gunk at all, running water and nuke in the new build but i was looking at the feser for pretty colors

pika198
08-12-2008, 08:32 PM
I have been running my feser one purple liquid for 6-7 months with no foam or nasty gunk like that

RickCain
08-12-2008, 08:41 PM

Now we have evidence.

We have evidence that he ran Feser fluid but NO indication of what else he might have poured in the loop, if the radiator was flushed, etc...

This thread reminds me of the guy who ran straight tap water and couldn't understand why his block corroded.

FIRE -> AIM -> READY

xVeinx
08-12-2008, 09:36 PM
That sort of looks like foam, but it looks thicker in some areas... I'd be willing to bet we have a case of precipitation. It's just too darn thick to be foam.

It's stuff like this that makes me want to move to grinchville...

SimpleTECH
08-12-2008, 10:43 PM
All I can say is don't breathe it in. Don't want an alien epidemic occurring. ;)

Xavior
08-13-2008, 04:48 AM
We have evidence that he ran Feser fluid but NO indication of what else he might have poured in the loop, if the radiator was flushed, etc...

Ah, yes. We're standing in line to point our fingers towards the Feser fluid, yet that's the only thing we know about his loop. Speaking of jumping to conclusions too quickly.:rolleyes:

nebj00la, you'll need to give us more information before we can help you.

majestik
08-13-2008, 06:50 AM
It's... alive!!!...

:eleph:

TouGe
08-13-2008, 06:52 AM
I'm using the Feser One F1 blue w/ nothing else added w/o any issue. There was some foam showing up in my res while removing the air from my system but afterwards nothing.

Jupiler
08-13-2008, 07:35 AM
Sparky,

Now we have evidence.

RealRedRaider... now imagine that inside your EK Supreme impingement jets eh..

This proofs nothing.
Like others already said, we don't know if he added something to the mixture, if his rad was cleaned thoroughly, if he has alu in his loop etc...

I've been using the Feser one mixture (yellow) for 3.5 months now without any problems.

IanY
08-13-2008, 07:45 AM
All power to you.

I disagree. My view is that its indicative of the underlying product, notof its quality, but its characteristics. The alternative causes no such issues.

I'm allowed to disagree with you, right?

Jupiler
08-13-2008, 07:59 AM
This has nothing to do with "all power to me" or so.
I don't understand why you post something like this.

Of course you're allowed to disagree with me.
It's not because my nick has a certain color and that I'm a staff member, that I should feel superior to all other members here.
This is the last thing I would do.

IanY
08-13-2008, 08:16 AM
This has nothing to do with "all power to me" or so.
I don't understand why you post something like this.

I apologize if something is lost in the translation. Its just colloqualism, and "all power to you" has nothing to do with your position of authority, but it has more to do with "to each his own (choice)" and "good luck to you." I can appreciate how convoluted language can be because I wouldn't be able to keep up if you spoke French to me.

nebj00la
08-13-2008, 10:55 AM
Ah, yes. We're standing in line to point our fingers towards the Feser fluid, yet that's the only thing we know about his loop. Speaking of jumping to conclusions too quickly.:rolleyes:

nebj00la, you'll need to give us more information before we can help you.

There is nothing besides Feser One in the loop. I've used Tygon 1/2" tubing, a basic resevoir, a BlackIce Extreme III radiator, a TDX CPU Block and 3 9800GTX Blocks.

I think this may just be what happens when there is too much air in the loop. I drained the system last night. Tonight I'll be running the system for a little while with the resevoir open to try getting more air out.

When I get some free time, I'm replacing all the tubing and fluid. I sure hope nothing has been damaged by this mysterious goo.

BlueAqua
08-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Was this happening when your reservoir was topped off? How much of an air gap did you have in your res? If your level is too low the pump will suck in air and create bubbles.

Big_Daddy
08-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Holy electrical tape, Batman!

kinghong1970
08-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Holy electrical tape, Batman!

:rofl:

:up:

oh, imagine the joys of removing the tape... and the gunk... oh, more gunk... :banana::banana::banana::banana:, here too... dammit... now the finger is all sticky...

Jupiler
08-13-2008, 11:17 AM
I apologize if something is lost in the translation. Its just colloqualism, and "all power to you" has nothing to do with your position of authority, but it has more to do with "to each his own (choice)" and "good luck to you." I can appreciate how convoluted language can be because I wouldn't be able to keep up if you spoke French to me.

And dutch? :ROTF:
I then misunderstood your post, but it's clear as water now (destilled with 1 drop of PT nuke in) :D.

xVeinx
08-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Could you draw a diagram of how your loop works?

IanY
08-13-2008, 12:00 PM
nebj00la,

If that electrical tape wrapping is new, I strongly suggest that you remove it.

I have done that before, a long time ago. Trust me, after a while, you are going to cry yourself to sleep. All your wires are going to be grossly sticky forever, and its just plain disgusting because it attracts dust like flies around... you catch my drift. !!

skinnee
08-13-2008, 01:42 PM
that res doesn't look safe just kinda hovering there either...

twwen2
08-13-2008, 02:15 PM
If that electrical tape wrapping is new, I strongly suggest that you remove it.

Yeah that's gonna be nasty :(

majestik
08-13-2008, 02:19 PM
You can get no-residue tape from mcmaster - I have some, it's awesome. I'm sure there's no-residue electrical tape, too.
Also, check out item 76155A29.

RickCain
08-13-2008, 03:36 PM
So the original picture is exactly how it was when you shut it off?

Did the bubbles and such go away upon refilling your system?

nebj00la
08-13-2008, 03:49 PM
You can get no-residue tape from mcmaster - I have some, it's awesome. I'm sure there's no-residue electrical tape, too.
Also, check out item 76155A29.

I know, I know... The electrical tape is silly. It's only temporary until someone releases a Northbridge/Southbridge 1/2" block kit, and I'll be re-wiring everything to go behind the motherboard tray.

I've attached a flow diagram of my existing and future configurations.

Zaskar
08-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Could that be blue dyed flux from the rad?

Lloyd
08-13-2008, 04:32 PM
I know, I know... The electrical tape is silly. It's only temporary until someone releases a Northbridge/Southbridge 1/2" block kit, and I'll be re-wiring everything to go behind the motherboard tray.

I've attached a flow diagram of my existing and future configurations.

If ur running the CPU and all 3x 9800's on one loop with a 120.3 rad - what are ur temps like? I'd bet their high? That could be having an affect on the feser - Pure speculation

I take it you'll be adding an extra rad if u do the nb/sb? Coz i think u need one already. Not sure what the flow rate is like on that pump u have (i can't remember)

Bojamijams
08-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Why do people cool their reservoirs first? I never understood this.

nebj00la
08-13-2008, 05:22 PM
If ur running the CPU and all 3x 9800's on one loop with a 120.3 rad - what are ur temps like? I'd bet their high? That could be having an affect on the feser - Pure speculation

I take it you'll be adding an extra rad if u do the nb/sb? Coz i think u need one already. Not sure what the flow rate is like on that pump u have (i can't remember)

I monitor the temperature of the hot air coming out of the exhaust fans, which is currently 29.4 celsius. I believe this to be very close to the temperature of the feser one fluid.

If I add the NB/SB blocks, I will add a smaller radiator to the back of the case for the most efficient heat removal. The top of the case is already venting the existing system.

Sadasius
08-13-2008, 05:42 PM

Huh? How do you cool a res first? Maybe I am just not understanding this right but I don't know of any res that puts out heat to cool.

Lloyd
08-13-2008, 05:45 PM
I monitor the temperature of the hot air coming out of the exhaust fans, which is currently 29.4 celsius. I believe this to be very close to the temperature of the feser one fluid.

If I add the NB/SB blocks, I will add a smaller radiator to the back of the case for the most efficient heat removal. The top of the case is already venting the existing system.

So what are the temps per block? In everest or realtemp? CPU and GPU's?
Thanks

Lloyd
08-13-2008, 05:51 PM

HUH? I think ur looking at it the wrong way round - it should go -

res > pump > cpu > gpu > rad > res

Or

res > pump > rad > cpu > gpu > res

The res should always be feeding the pump! Ideally

nebj00la
08-13-2008, 06:54 PM
So what are the temps per block? In everest or realtemp? CPU and GPU's?
Thanks

CPU: 34c
GPU1: 48c GPU2: 45c GPU3: 44c
System: 45c

nebj00la
08-13-2008, 06:58 PM
So the original picture is exactly how it was when you shut it off?

Did the bubbles and such go away upon refilling your system?

Yes, the bubbles went away and I cleaned out the goo with QTips.

Bojamijams
08-13-2008, 07:52 PM
HUH? I think ur looking at it the wrong way round - it should go -

res > pump > cpu > gpu > rad > res

Or

res > pump > rad > cpu > gpu > res

The res should always be feeding the pump! Ideally

Look at his diagram. After the water leaves the radiator (when its at its coldest) it goes into the reservoir. To be warmed up. Then the pump. To be warmed up. and THEN the blocks.

A better setup would be Res -> Pump -> Blocks as you said but thats not what he's doing.

twwen2
08-13-2008, 08:01 PM

Perhaps it is the easiest layout in that particular case?

Remember that the water temp in a loop only differs by one or two degrees, so the water "being heated up" (loop order) probably doesn't matter that much.

Big_Daddy
08-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Huh? How do you cool a res first? Maybe I am just not understanding this right but I don't know of any res that puts out heat to cool.

Look at the beautiful diagram. The cool water from the rad is going into the res. So he's cooling the water in the res.

jonny_ftm
08-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Look at the beautiful diagram. The cool water from the rad is going into the res. So he's cooling the water in the res.

Water temperature is at the near 0.25°C the same in all parts of a WC setup, even after 3 GPU WB :rolleyes: It take a while to boil your water on a very hot fire, right? Quiet some minutes at least. So, it won't get 1°C when moving in a few seconds through some WBs

But, yes, it is a common mistake due to misunderstanding of water physics ;)

Big_Daddy
08-13-2008, 11:30 PM
Uhm, I was answering the question, not promoting the idea.

jonny_ftm
08-14-2008, 03:33 AM
Uhm, I was answering the question, not promoting the idea.

You're still missing it.

The cool water from the rad is going into the res. So he's cooling the water in the res.

The radiator can be anywhere, it won't change nothing if it is before the res or after it.

nebj00la
08-15-2008, 10:16 AM
When I throw that HOT Northbridge into the mix, this conversation will get very interesting.

nebj00la
12-20-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm noticing foamy buildup inside my resevoir all of the sudden. Also, the tubing is becoming cloudy. I thought this was zero maintenance fluid? If not, what do I need to treat this?

Thanks,
nebj00la

I no longer have this problem since I replaced the pump with a much faster one. I believe this was the cause of the buildup.

skinnee
12-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Good to hear the problem has sorted itself out. :up:

quattro_
12-21-2008, 12:34 AM
it happened to me once, the foam in the res left steins that will not go away i threw my XSPC res/top :(

Extigy
12-21-2008, 01:59 AM
I have been running feser one oragne pre mix fluid now for 3 months, no problems - i think malik is the man to ask though -he has used quite a few of the colours and did mention having an issue with one of them....

You are going to regret using that black electrical tape! leaves a sticky residue on all the wires which will attract all the dust and get manky very quick!