PDA

View Full Version : Work with Intel Next-Gen Wireless -N Mini-card?

cantankerous
08-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Hi everyone.

I just ordered a Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop for my fiancee. She is interested in using the laptop to go on the net from where ever she is in the house. I am currently using a Bell Sympatico connection at a measly 3mb connection speed. I am wondering if this router would play nice with my Bell Speedstream modem, but more importantly will her laptop with the Intel Next-Gen Wirless -N Mini-card be compatible with it? Since I am only on a 3mb connection I do not see getting a faster router a worthwhile option unless I am missing something? Will this router allow her to browse the net from her laptop without issue?

Lastly, is shipping versions of this router still allowing Tomato to be successfully flashed? Would that firmware help out with my question above?

Thanks a bunch. Look very forward to hearing back of any suggestions, ideas etc.

cantankerous
08-12-2008, 10:18 AM
No one has any info at all on how or whether a G based router will work, if at all with an N based wireless card?

Anemone
08-12-2008, 09:05 PM
The Intel 4965 agn will work with a G router.

cantankerous
08-13-2008, 05:05 AM
Thanks for the reply. I think that is the exact card I am getting in my Dell Laptop but am unsure as the website only gave the option listed as Intel Next Gen N Wireless over the stock Dell ones. If the WRT54GL will in fact work than I will order one. Thanks again.

Soulburner
08-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Yes it will just work in G mode. You will be able to take your laptop and connect to A/B/G or N networks.