PDA

View Full Version : Fuzion Quad insert

Flip_Lx
08-10-2008, 02:02 PM
well i'm going by ear on my rehased setup since this if my first quad and i want to make sure i mounted the insert right.

Now assuming vertical mounted motherboard with the triangle on the proc mount to lower left and the block mounted "normally" (ie. D-tek name on bottom and the outlet at the upper left) the insert should be running horizontal correct? (running the width of the board ~ram towards i/o on most setups)

Is this image correct?

http://techluver.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/intel_penryn_quadcore_processor.jpg

sorry for the n00bish question but i just want to be sure, trying to figuer out why i've a 5*C cooler core on 1 than the rest and hoping it isnt needing a lap

skinnee
08-10-2008, 02:18 PM
The nozzle split should be running vertically, based on the pic you posted, between the two set of cores....:up:

I concur, have one mounted this way a few feet from me.

Flip_Lx
08-10-2008, 03:00 PM
are you two counting the pic being routated when mounted as described in my post?

Martinm210
08-10-2008, 03:27 PM
are you two counting the pic being routated when mounted as described in my post?

R3 noted "Split" as in the line between the two holes would line up with the gap between the two cores. The actual holes for the nozzle would then line up with the two cores left and right in the picture you have posted.

I've been working on my quad WB roundup and should be testing this one soon. Can't say weather the nozzle helps or not so far.:shrug:

RickCain
08-10-2008, 05:04 PM
I've been working on my quad WB roundup and should be testing this one soon. Can't say weather the nozzle helps or not so far.:shrug:

I am going to take my quad plate out when I impliment a second loop to see if that affects temps. In a single block loop it might help to have it where a multi-block loop might benefit more from the flow. Who knows until you try, right?

As for the picture, I always ensure the split is running parallel with the two notches in the CPU.

sluflyer06
01-22-2009, 12:08 PM
sorry to revive a dead thread, but I jumped the gun adn installed mine and fill/bled already. I installed the quad insert with the notch facing the same direction the notch did on the 'stock' insert. Would that orient the slit up/down when holding the block wiht the DTEK name upright?

(my thoughts are then i could still orient it correctly without draining the system to see how i installed it.)(I also realize i'd probably be better off removing it anyway, but I'd like to have the knowledge to make either decision.)

Thanks.