PDA

View Full Version : cleaning clear fans)probably stupid ? but oh well

DementeD
08-10-2008, 10:46 AM
ok..i plan to clean the fans in my case and insert white leds in place of the blue..
thing is..how do you clean the clear fans to get them back to...clear

obviously use compressed air to get as much dust off as possible..but after that what kind of cleaning solvent would you recommend to clean these bad boys up.
Just dont want to damage the bearings etc of the fan. Im sure it will be a lengthy process with some qtips/small rag but it needs to be done so..lmk what i should do ..thanks :D

ownage
08-10-2008, 10:50 AM
I always clean my fans with the shower head. It doesn't matter if it gets wet inside. You need to let it dry for a while or/and use a hair dryer.

Flip_Lx
08-10-2008, 10:57 AM
kitchen sink or if they arn't that bad (or im lazy and dont want to remove everything thats connected to them) a wet paper towel and wipe it down. as for led match the size (3 or 5mm usually) unhot glue the blue and swap the __ color ones into the wiring, use the resistor that is on them if there is one

jason str
08-10-2008, 10:58 AM
I just use an old toothbrush and damp cotton shirt or rag usually.

DementeD
08-10-2008, 11:09 AM
awesome thanks for the quick replies..wasnt sure if water would damage them or not..thats basically what i needed to know..
and thanks for the info on the led's..need to make a run up to radioshack tomorrow so i have something to do after work :D