PDA

View Full Version : HP DV6568SE wont run crysis?

tdunks
08-09-2008, 10:51 AM
It has a T5500 at 1.66ghz, 2gb ram and a 8600go... what is the problem? i am running optimized crysis with the ccc optimizer and on all the lowest settings i get 3-5fps. is there anything i can upgrade to make it work at least on low?

EDIT: also is there any place to get laptop cpus to upgrade that arent $500 or more?

AnXioZ
08-09-2008, 11:15 AM
What video drivers, and OS are you using?

tdunks
08-09-2008, 11:38 AM
vista 32 bit with the 174.32 drivers from HP

AnXioZ
08-09-2008, 11:46 AM
First update your drivers (http://laptopvideo2go.com)

Second, check what power plan you are using. Click on the battery icon on the taskbar and select High Performance and see if this changes anything.

I think you might be able to get higher fps in XP though. Most of my games perform much better on XP 32bit than on my Vista 64bit (Im using 7400go).

tdunks
08-09-2008, 12:22 PM
well i set the high performance so it has to keep the cpu at 100% clock speed and keep it set on that when plugged in. Also is there any way to overclock the GPU because when i try it always immediately resets the clocks

Shogan
08-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Strange... I had an Acer Core Duo 1.67GHz, 2GB RAM, and an ATI X1400 integrated GPU, and I could play crysis with about 20fps, medium sort of settings, on about 1024x768. Agreed with above- check your performance and battery settings. Perhaps its on energy saver or something?

tdunks
08-09-2008, 03:55 PM
all settings are tuned for max performance on high power setting and thats what it is on. The only other thing could be 5400rpm hard drive. but it shouldnt because its being run on 800X600 lowest settings.

Savuti
08-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Without being able to view your setup, here's some suggestions:

Check to see, through 'msconfig' - startup, if there's any rogue programs that starts up and is active that could be eating at the CPU/disk cycles. Suspend any process such av, firewalls, defragmenters, system backups, monitors ect that's running in the background temporarily. If there's any and you've suspended them, terminate and restart explorer.exe or restart the machine then try the game.

Try configuring services to the bare minimum. Switching to manual and/or disabling those that are not needed.

Besides Crysis, have you been able to play other games fine with the current video card driver? If not, uninstall, use a driver cleaner and install a newer version for the 8600.

Another is though more for last resort, do a complete image backup of your current OS/partitions, reformat, do a fresh OS install with updated hardware drivers, directx then install and patch Crysis. It could be the age of your current OS installed, left over remains of programs and drivers that have been removed, replaced and installed that could be bogging things down. Hope these somewhat helps.

tdunks
08-10-2008, 12:33 PM
yea, nothing really worked. I am only up to 5-7fps now.

AnXioZ
08-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Do a fresh start. Format C:/, reinstall everything. Run Crysis without installed updates. Than run Crysis with all updates installed.
If your scared from losing important data, just move everything to a different partition or throw it in an external storage.

Theres really nothing more I can recommend better than a fresh start, but thats just me :)