PDA

View Full Version : I read all the stickies, but I still have a couple questions.

TheBlueChanell
08-08-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm looking to build my first water cooling loop. This is something I've wanted to do since I got into building computers. I am finally going to take the plunge.

Anyways, I think I have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing but there's a few things I'd like clarified. My ultimate goal is to have a system that runs quieter and cooler than air cooling and of course allows me to OC further. I'll start by listing the parts I have selected. Everything is going into a Lian Li v1010.

MCP655
Feser X-Changer 360mm
D-Tek Fuzion v2
D-Tek Fuzion v2 (GPU)
Tygon 3603 1/2" ID

Here the questions or concerns I have:

I'm not sure if I should use 1/2" ID or 3/8" ID tubing

Did I make the right choices with the CPU/GPU blocks? I originally had an EK Supreme block, and an EK Full Cover GPU block but in the sticky I read it advised to stay away from full cover GPU blocks.

I'm not sure if I should use a T-Line or a Reservoir and if I do use a res which one?

Im not sure if the feser has low or high fin density.

I want to mount the Radiator on the top portion of my case, I'm going to cut air hole for it at the top.

I was thinking of getting any of the S Flex's or maybe some Noctua's. Are they going to mesh well with the feser.

Anyways, any help would be appreciate let me know. :D

TheBlueChanell
08-08-2008, 03:06 PM
You had an EK Supreme had got rid of it ???

I haven't ordered yet. I originally picked out the EK Supreme but after reading some more I decided to switch to the D-Tek. Should I still go with the EK?

Big_Daddy
08-08-2008, 03:08 PM
with the 655, you won't have enough pressure. You made the right choice.

twwen2
08-08-2008, 04:11 PM
with the 655, you won't have enough pressure. You made the right choice.

Hmm. It's all relative i think. In a CPU only loop i'm pretty sure a 655 would do just fine. mccoffey used one in his recent testing and that coped alright.

Zaskar
08-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Good choice on the Fusion, the EK can have more potential with the addition of another pump or a stronger one but it is more restrictive, on a loop that includes the vid card the Fusion is probably the better combo.

sirheck
08-08-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm looking to build my first water cooling loop. This is something I've wanted to do since I got into building computers. I am finally going to take the plunge.

Anyways, I think I have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing but there's a few things I'd like clarified. My ultimate goal is to have a system that runs quieter and cooler than air cooling and of course allows me to OC further. I'll start by listing the parts I have selected. Everything is going into a Lian Li v1010.

MCP655
Feser X-Changer 360mm
D-Tek Fuzion v2
D-Tek Fuzion v2 (GPU)
Tygon 3603 1/2" ID

Here the questions or concerns I have:

I'm not sure if I should use 1/2" ID or 3/8" ID tubing

Did I make the right choices with the CPU/GPU blocks? I originally had an EK Supreme block, and an EK Full Cover GPU block but in the sticky I read it advised to stay away from full cover GPU blocks.

I'm not sure if I should use a T-Line or a Reservoir and if I do use a res which one?

Im not sure if the feser has low or high fin density.

I want to mount the Radiator on the top portion of my case, I'm going to cut air hole for it at the top.

I was thinking of getting any of the S Flex's or maybe some Noctua's. Are they going to mesh well with the feser.

Anyways, any help would be appreciate let me know. :D

What you have now should work just fine.

TheBlueChanell
08-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks alot for the help guys.

Would it be worth it to purchase a stronger pump and the EK blocks?

twwen2
08-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Not at all. The Dtek blocks are great, they'll serve you well (if you treat 'em right!);)

TheBlueChanell
08-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Not at all. The Dtek blocks are great, they'll serve you well (if you treat 'em right!);)

Alright awesome. What kind of ramsinks should I get? I picked out some enzotech ones as I love the quality of my ultra-x.

Any tips or anything I should know?

sirheck
08-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Alright awesome. What kind of ramsinks should I get? I picked out some enzotech ones as I love the quality of my ultra-x.

Cant think of any.
Just take your time and double check everything.

Goodluck and post some pics of your work.

TheBlueChanell
08-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Cant think of any.
Just take your time and double check everything.

Goodluck and post some pics of your work.

I will. I should be ordering in a week or two. This is my first week or so actively posting here. I've always been a lurker, I'm a long time member of [H] forums but I sometimes get a taste for something more extreme. :D

Who would I contact about getting my Alias changed to match my [H] and heatware accounts?

TheBlueChanell
08-08-2008, 06:08 PM
I've been reading some more and I was wondering if I should go with the Feser XC 360 or a MCR320? I was looking at the ThermoChill PA120.3 but I can't find it on performance-pc's it just shows me a link to the feser.

I'm still unsure of which res to get?

Will this fit comfortably into a v1010 cause i have a buddy that would buy it for asking price which would allow me to get a v2010 or a TJ07 for $50-$60.

Which S-Flex's should I go with?

TheBlueChanell
08-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Also what is the best place to order from? I was going to go from performance-pc's cause that's usually who I've used for all my fans/heatsinks and what not. Is there someplace better for watercooling?

MpG
08-08-2008, 06:53 PM
For the record, Tygon 3603 is a generic description, with quite a few sizes/thicknesses available. For 1/2", get the thicker-walled stuff, with the 3/4" O.D., as it makes a big improvement to kink-resistance. And it's still more flexible than most other tubing out there.

For watercooling shopping, Petra's (http://www.petrastechshop.com/index.html), Sidewinder (http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/), and JabTech (http://www.jab-tech.com/) all have excellent track records.

iandh
08-09-2008, 12:57 AM

My 4870 specific ramsinks should be available in about a week, they would have been finished already but my shop had a delay due to a machine malfunction.