PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!

Scray XXI
08-07-2008, 04:51 PM
I ordered the Lian-Li PC-V2010B case and the motherboard doesn't line up with the PCI slots! Am I doing something wrong or is this the case? Please Help.

Waymon3X6
08-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Can you post some pics? Those would help a lot. Do the holes on the motherboard tray line up with the holes on the motherboard?

Ethelred
08-07-2008, 04:55 PM
The schematics are standardized...make sure you are using the proper mounting points for the mobo.

Scray XXI
08-07-2008, 04:57 PM
I will upload the pictures in a second.

It's not that they are above or below the PCI slots, but they are slanting outward from them. It's making me believe it's the case...has anyone else had this problem?

Scray XXI
08-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Here are the images [hope they help]:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/3483/img0680mz3.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8773/img0685qa6.jpg

xytrius
08-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Did your video card line up easily or did you have to force it?

Waymon3X6
08-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Oh I see what you mean now. Is it just that one card that doesn't fit? Try just screwing it in anyways, but make sure the card doesn't come all the way out of the PCI slot as you do it.

It seems like the video card fit fine though...

Scray XXI
08-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Did your video card line up easily or did you have to force it?

I probably bent it a little...but it can operate while out of the slot a little. The other cards [PCI and a PCI Express X1 not shown] can't.

I tried three times over; removing the motherboard and reinstalling it onto the motherboard tray and these were the same results. I don't know what it is and I am very upset right now...

xytrius
08-07-2008, 05:30 PM
I probably bent it a little...but it can operate while out of the slot a little. The other cards [PCI and a PCI Express X1 not shown] can't.

I tried three times over; removing the motherboard and reinstalling it onto the motherboard tray and these were the same results. I don't know what it is and I am very upset right now...

These things happen to all of us, and at the end of it we are better because of the experience; hang in there mate, it will work out! :)

Okay, I have a few questions:

Have you booted your system?
Is your motherboard parallel to the motherboard tray?
Did you have to force any part of your motherboard down when you were screwing it to the standoffs?

Scray XXI
08-07-2008, 05:39 PM
These things happen to all of us, and at the end of it we are better because of the experience; hang in there mate, it will work out! :)

Okay, I have a few questions:

Have you booted your system?
Is your motherboard parallel to the motherboard tray?
Did you have to force any part of your motherboard down when you were screwing it to the standoffs?

True. This isn't my first system or close to it either...

No. Everything was smooth and it was perpendicular to each standoff. But when I slid the motherboard tray back in, it was turning a little away from the PCI slots.

It works fine and I am actually using it now...but I get a master IDE error whenever I boot...

Could it be the case?

xytrius
08-07-2008, 05:53 PM
It could be the case, but I doubt it. As you know, you have one of the best cases out there, and I have never heard of a Lian-Li manufacturing defect.

Unfortunately, I think you would have to return to first principles to find out the problem. I understand that you have booted to IDE errors, but first you would have to find out if your case/other hardware are physically faulty before you examine your IDE errors.

There is a chance that your motherboard tray is faulty, i.e. the tray is NOT at a right angle to the PCI slots. There is also a chance that you have accidentally used wrong sized motherboard standoffs.

To solve this, you would have to take your hardware apart and check both your tray and standoffs. I know this is a pain, but it is best to go back – even if you have done it before.

You would have to examine if your motherboard tray is at a right angle to your PCI slot holder, and check your standoffs.

Scray XXI
08-07-2008, 05:56 PM
It could be the case, but I doubt it. As you know, you have one of the best cases out there, and I have never heard of a Lian-Li manufacturing defect.

Unfortunately, I think you would have to return to first principles to find out the problem. I understand that you have booted to IDE errors, but first you would have to find out if your case/other hardware are physically faulty before you examine your IDE errors.

There is a chance that your motherboard tray is faulty, i.e. the tray is NOT at a right angle to the PCI slots. There is also a chance that you have accidentally used wrong sized motherboard standoffs.

To solve this, you would have to take your hardware apart and check both your tray and standoffs. I know this is a pain, but it is best to go back – even if you have done it before.

You would have to examine if your motherboard tray is at a right angle to your PCI slot holder, and check your standoffs.

True, but I did this three times. No other kinds of standoffs work with the Lain-Li motherboard tray. But here is what I don't get.

The PCI slots are at a right angle with the side of the case. The motherboard tray is parallel to the side of the case. The motherboard is parallel to it's tray, yet it's PCI cards aren't perpendicular with the slots.

I think I'm cursed...

xytrius
08-07-2008, 06:13 PM
No, you are not cursed; sometimes all of us cannot see the obvious when we are working on it.

Look, what you are saying what is mutually exclusive: If the board is parallel to the tray AND the PCI holders are at right angles to the tray then you cannot have an angle between the cards and the slot.

I would suggest physically measuring the angle between the PCI holder sheet and the tray, and double checking all the standoffs size and their positions on the tray.

Scray XXI
08-07-2008, 06:17 PM
I'll take it oput and work on it.

Thanks for the advice. I will post my progress later.

Scray XXI
08-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Nevermind.

I was right about everything being 90 degrees. In short, the back of the case was warped. Probably from the heat. The case is amazing, but I am ashamed at the warping of it. Thank you very much xytrius and everyone else who helped me with this.