PDA

View Full Version : Gskill 1 gig DDR800 HZ boot failures.

Spoobs
08-05-2008, 12:43 PM
I bought 2 X 1 gig Gkskill HZs from newegg and just like Nanometer, I'm having alot of boot failures. More than ever now because i just updated my Bios.

I've noticed a pattern. The oder Gskills, the ones that dont have the white/silver lining and the black chip seem to be the better of the two different types. Ive isolated which of the older, non lined green chip sticks is causing the problem.

Can i RMA to the Gskill website or must i go through newegg. And if i have to go through newegg there might be an issue because they dont support the 1 X 1gig Gskill HZs.... However, since i have two of the older sticks, do you think i can send both of them in and they might possibly send me one of these?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231065

what do you think?

Spoobs
08-05-2008, 12:51 PM
I talked with newegg in a live chat. both orders are out of a 1 year warrenty.

Nanometer
08-06-2008, 11:27 PM
If an item is discontinued, you are "upgraded" to the next available item. If you had HZs and they tried to give you some crapola sticks, I would demand memory of equal or more value. Otherwise we would be getting short changed. After a year like you said Newegg no longer deals with warranty status, it's through the provider. But since G skill offers a life time warranty anyways, it just makes sense to do it directly through them. If you are sure your sticks are dead, and it seems like they are nearly there, fill this form out, and send it to RMA support.

Spoobs
08-10-2008, 11:29 PM
does anybody know if the Gskill Support email is monitored 24/7 or are there days and hours. I cant see from their website.

Nanometer
08-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Takes 2-3 business days it seems. I think they respond faster by mail lol.

Circaflex
08-11-2008, 08:33 AM
id pm the gskill rep over here at XS hes quick to respond and will send you the form via email