PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

ryanbarker
08-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Afternoon Lads/Ladies
Id like to introduce my self into the water cooling forum, i have been a reader for this forum for sometime but have never got around posting.I'm not an expert at water cooling(call me a noob i dont mind:rolleyes:). I live in Houston,Texas but im 100 percent Irish(long story) and cant wait to get involved and be an established member here. Hope to help out any way i can and im open to anything and im here to learn more and more as well!
Cheers
Ryan
P.S if you have heard of the shop directron, i work there so if you ever need help or anything or product recommendations or great in store deals going on ill be gladly willing to help

ryanbarker
08-05-2008, 11:35 AM
:welcome: to XS

I'll come by and visit you sometime on Harwin.........

BTW, Directron should start carrying some "REAL" WC gear.......... :shrug:

Well if we get enough people to agree on the Real WC ordeal i think the staff will gladly supply it, there very flexible, btw were abouts are you?

evil-98
08-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Welcome to XS

ive never heard of Directron.. im in cali anyways lol

ryanbarker
08-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Welcome to XS

ive never heard of Directron.. im in cali anyways lol

There a Great Company and i would recommend it over newegg any day but thats just me ;)

P.S they ship U.S and P.R as well and if anyone is out of the country and would like something ill be glad to purchase the item for you and ship it off, and that goes to anyone else in or out of the country!

ryanbarker
08-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Baytown......

Travel around all day in Harris / Galveston / Brazoria / Montgomery / Ft Bend / Chamber counties....

No offense, but Directron doesn't carry any WC gear that I'd consider buying.... I have bought general PC gear from ya'll though...

I agree with you 100%, i buy stuff from sidewinder and petra, but ill go ahead and put in a word, if you can tell the sites going through renovation at the moment, ill keep in touch RealRedRaider!

IanY
08-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Directron is one of my favorite stores. They really should start stocking high end water cooling equipment.

Pellepel
08-05-2008, 11:48 AM
:welcome: to Xtreme

Big_Daddy
08-05-2008, 11:48 AM
And yes, Texas is taking over the board.. :)

MrMojoZ
08-05-2008, 01:17 PM
And yes, Texas is taking over the board.. :)

Hopefully there are enough quality Texans to offset the terribles ones that make us look bad. :D

Snyxxx
08-05-2008, 05:33 PM
:welcome: as well from another Houston member.

I must say that I do not really like Directron. Twice now, I looked for something on line from their store. What I wanted was in stock so I drive halfway across Houston to pick it up in person.

I go to the counter and you simply cannot ask for the part you want, you must sit at one of their computers and order it online. :shrug:

I do all this and then they tell me it is not in stock. Of course I ask, How often is the web site updated? - Daily is the answer which cannot be right as i checked several days in a row.

I am through with them. PPCs and Newegg FTW.

road-runner
08-05-2008, 05:39 PM
:welcome: Another Texan, Willis here but I was born and lived in Houston over 30 years...

71 (Bryan)
08-05-2008, 05:44 PM
welcome bra, and a Big island greeting to you man

disruptfam
08-05-2008, 05:56 PM
^^^^ Bra? A woman's undergarment?

Anywho :welcome: to Xs

:up: the name's Fam...Disrupt..Fam :ROTF:

71 (Bryan)
08-05-2008, 05:58 PM
hahaha lol, instead of bro we say bra sometimes

Utnorris
08-10-2008, 06:34 AM
We have Alltex here in Dallas and I prefer Fry's to them. Every time I go in there and ask a question they act like they do not know what I am talking about. Last time I went looking for ATX pins and it took an hour for them to figure out if they had them. Anyway, Directron looks like a decent site. I was in Houston and was going to go by there, but I didn't have their address at the time. A better selection of watercooling gear would be nice.

Oh, and as far as quality Texans go, I am not really a Texan, so you can't really lump me in that category, although I am high quality, :D.

Seriously, welcome to the forums Ryan. Look forward to some pics of your system.

Utnorris

Eddie3dfx
08-10-2008, 07:20 AM
Directron sometimes has some of the best prices around. I picked an nec 90gx2 for $179 AR when every other place was selling it for $250-300 or so.
Best monitor ever!

Ryan, I recommend you guys get some stuff that we normally can't find like aqua pc, innovatek, watercool, mips, etc.
When ordering from petras, they had the 680i part 2 block, but no blue 88cfm yate loon or anodized rad grill. When ordering from jabtech, they had the 88cfm yate loon and rad grill, but no shims. So I ordered shims from sidewinder.

I wish we had a local store besides microcenter that had more parts that I could pickup for some of these late minute builds.

Luckily, frozencpu, performance pcs, jabtec, petras, and sidewinder are all super fast when it comes to shipping

gmod
08-10-2008, 07:32 AM
Hey dont forget about Neobox....RedRaider has been over to visit..I will give you guys good prices...We arent as big as Directron but we are honest...