PDA

View Full Version : Will this be enough heat dissipation?

Rammsteiner
08-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Hey guys,

Ive been often thinking about watercooling but always decided not to. This might happen again, however before I even go all fancy about it I want to be sure it's going to work in the first place.

Im using a Silverstone TJ10 and although it's a big case, it doesnt have a lot of room. I did some google work and I noticed there are about 2 places to fit radiators. There are more possibilities however that would mean I need to fit the radiators outside the case which I dont want at all.

Im getting some new hardware soon which will improve heat output a lot. I know with my current air cooling I can handle it, however I want the system to be a bit quieter and eventually increase OC-abilities with watercooling. Ill get a HD 4870X2 and most likely a Phenom 9950 and Ill of course OC them both. Ive no idea how much heat this will produce but since the Phenom 9950 has a stock TDP of already 140W it might be quite a lot.

With the Silverstone TJ10 I can fit one dual radiator and one single radiator. The dual radiator can't be too thick, about 30mm and a 25mm fan would fit, but not a lot more than that. The single radiator can be any thinkness (unless the HD 4870X2 is a whole lot longer than a HD 3870).

So I was thinking to grab a Black Ice GT Stealth 240 XFlow and a Black Ice GT Extreme 120 radiator. Im thinking to use 122m^3/h ((71cfm) fans on all the rads.

So my simple question, will that be enough to cool down an OC'd quad core and two OC'd GPU's?

Or is there no chance too cool it all down unless I use Delta's 60dB(A) fans?

Ive no problems with sticking too air, but watercooling is quite a nice cooling solution, however in my situation case wise it has to be worth it over air cooling, otherwise there's not much of a point:D

Eddie3dfx
08-05-2008, 10:34 AM
If you don't have the radiators, I would pickup a swiftech 220 and an mcr120 over the black ice radiators.

Rammsteiner
08-05-2008, 11:18 AM
If you don't have the radiators, I would pickup a swiftech 220 and an mcr120 over the black ice radiators.
Thx for the tip!

But still the question remains, will that be enough to cool everything down?