PDA

View Full Version : build a ss?

just a noob
08-01-2008, 04:59 PM
ok, im a total noob as to what exactly i need.

i do have a relative, who is a refridgeration technician, so i can get gases and what not, and i can get access to oxy acetylene torches.

i will have about 600 dollars to piddle with, will that be enough?

and lastly, what exactly do i need for gases/compressor to hit -30*c on load with a quad core?

sjg0
08-01-2008, 05:14 PM
ok, im a total noob as to what exactly i need.

i do have a relative, who is a refridgeration technician, so i can get gases and what not, and i can get access to oxy acetylene torches.

i will have about 600 dollars to piddle with, will that be enough?

and lastly, what exactly do i need for gases/compressor to hit -30*c on load with a quad core?

Depends on how much equipment your relative will let you use. If he has all equipment then $600 will be plenty (I have <600 and i have enough for basic equip. + all parts)

Tools aside,
-Compressor
-Capacitor
-Various wires
-3/8" Refrigeration tubing
-1/4" refrigeration tubing
-Condenser
-Filter/Drier
-Temperature display
-REfrigerant (probably your relative has(ask what kind he has))
-Some kind of fan
-Evaporator
-Mounting kit
-Flex line
-Capillary tube
-Some kind of base/case to house system

n00b 0f l337
08-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Experience and practice is the best way to get there, which will cost you alot more then $600.

teyber
08-01-2008, 08:46 PM
you should read stickies, then read them again. after you do that read the stickies once more. then read stickies at other forums. then read those stickies again. then read these stickies... :p:

600$ would be slim. Most compressors come with electronics.

Too many tools to list- you could get by, not the safest, but using r290, manifold, vacuum pump, mapp torch, brazing rods, and lots of help from friends (of course i missed a lot here, but those are the main ones)

sjg0
08-01-2008, 09:05 PM
you should read stickies, then read them again. after you do that read the stickies once more. then read stickies at other forums. then read those stickies again. then read these stickies... :p:

600$ would be slim. Most compressors come with electronics.

Too many tools to list- you could get by, not the safest, but using r290, manifold, vacuum pump, mapp torch, brazing rods, and lots of help from friends (of course i missed a lot here, but those are the main ones)

Teyber his relative is a refrigeration technician so he probly already has access to tools like acetylene torch and manifold.

Hell, I need to buy most tools AND phase components but im not even spending $600 (yet anyway.) (then again I'm not buying super-good nf11fx's)

QuantumZero
08-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Just find a nice huge compressor and condenser and you are set ^^. the rest will come itself with the help of your fellow tech. yea $600 is plenty