PDA

View Full Version : need help

dafeeessh
07-30-2008, 11:19 AM
O.K. i woke up yesterday and went to play stalker (i know old game but i have had it for year now and never installed it) and i played for maybe five minutes then it locked up so i uped the memory voltage ( i know my memory is crap) and it lasted about 30min. so then i dropped the speed to 800 and it lasted for about 45min i have tried differnt drivers. and no luck i have tried taking it out of sli and diffent generic ram. any other ideas to cause of the problem would be nice. driver is 174.55 specs in sig. the memory sounds like the cause to me but any other ideas would be nice.

perkam
07-30-2008, 11:29 AM
If only the game locked up and Windows did not, test other games first before you "up the memory voltage" after playing Stalker for 5 mins :stick:

Download GRID demo if you have no other games installed (SupCom works well too) and tell us if you're having the same problem. If Windows locks up but works fine in 2d after restart, THEN you have a hardware problem.

Perkam

WoZZeR999
07-30-2008, 11:29 AM
If it is the memory, you could try decreasing the Performacne level. If your Memory is set to SPD in BIOS, change it to it's correct memory timings first, and test. If it still seems unstable, you can go up to about 2.15 vMEM. Then try changing PL to 8 instead of 7.

dafeeessh
07-30-2008, 01:30 PM
i tried team fortress and it did the same thing. i put my patriot ram back in and changed the memory voltage back and loosed the timings and now works just fine. new timings are 6-7-7-15 and so far so good.