PDA

View Full Version : Sony Ericsson Slowing Down, And A Few More Questions

Ensamvarg
07-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Hey all, I wasn't too sure where to post this but as there are posts for phones in this forum, here it is.

I have a Sony Ericsson V630i, and to be quite honest, it sucks. If I ever go over around 100 texts, scrolling through the inbox slows down ALOT. And I have somewhere in the region of 500-600. This has slowed down my phone incredibly. Sometimes it can take 3 or 4 seconds to load something, say the mp3 player. And it loves to switch itself off aswell. I do not think it is the battery as I've taken very good care of my phone. Whenever I turn my phone back on, there is quite a high chance it will vibrate as per normal, and then just turn off again without loading anything. I may have to try 5 or 6 times to get the phone to turn on. When it is on its hardly ever stays on. Unless I'm having a good day then it might stay on for a good few hours. The battery is always fully charged and never goes below half way.

Does anyone know how I can remedy this? Please don't reply with "delete your texts" as I am not going to do that.

Also is it possible for me to transfer my texts from this phone to another? I have seen SIM readers but I think all of my texts are stored on the phone itself, though I'm not 100% sure.

My phone has around 15 meg of onboard storage, is there any way to access this through my computer? I have a cable which I connect to my phone but it only reads the memory card.

Thanks to anyone that can help, it is quite urgent.

Ensamvarg
07-27-2008, 06:19 PM
I take it noone can help me? =[

sjg0
07-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Have you tried throwing your phone against the wall in a fit of rage? :ROTF:

But seriously, did your phone come with any management software?

When you plug the phone in does it show up as a mobile device or like a mounted flash card or flash drive?

The0men
07-28-2008, 01:22 AM
Hmm I have a w800i and its a little slow when I fill its memory up.

I can access my phone memory and memory card without needing any management software, I just
plug it in, I have XP with SP2.

If you can read your memory card, can you transfer your msgs to your mem card
and then take them from your mem card to a new phone?

Ensamvarg
07-28-2008, 06:45 AM
@ sjg0 - You have no idea how much I've been tempted to do that ;P If I didn't have important things on it this phone would be on the receiving end of a sledgehammer.

I have the software that came with it yes. Disc2Phone and PC Suite (something like that). Though I use Vista so the PC Suite doesn't work with it. I virtualised XP and installed it on there but I'm not sure how you can enable USB ports in it. I'm using VisualBox if anyone knows how to do so.

When I connect my phone it comes up as (F:) PHONE CARD, and is just the memory card itself.

I've tried to transfer the messages to the memory card or SIM card but there doesn't seem to be an option for one.

If I figure out how to enable the USB ports I'll have another bash at it.