PDA

View Full Version : intel G965 drivers

Wiggy McShades
07-24-2008, 05:36 AM
For some reason or another intel's website only offers the graphics driver for their mobile chipset. Is this like an all in one chipset and graphics driver? Should i just download the chipset driver for the desktop 965 chipset and install the two seperately?

ziddey
07-24-2008, 08:37 AM
yes the chipset went unified drivers. one condom fits all

edit: kind of interesting. i was just looking for drivers too and there were none under vista? had to go under xp to see it. and then when it lists compatibility, it lists vista. ... go intel

Wiggy McShades
07-24-2008, 10:32 AM
yes the chipset went unified drivers. one condom fits all

edit: kind of interesting. i was just looking for drivers too and there were none under vista? had to go under xp to see it. and then when it lists compatibility, it lists vista. ... go intel

thanks this makes alot more sense as to why i couldnt get my laptop working properly. Dell only has year old drivers on their website which didn't help either.

ziddey
07-24-2008, 11:01 AM
cheers. for what it's worth, i believe the latest drivers for the gm965/gl960 are already pushed through windows update. when I tried to install, it didn't seem to update anything.

Lestat
07-26-2008, 04:55 AM
cheers. for what it's worth, i believe the latest drivers for the gm965/gl960 are already pushed through windows update. when I tried to install, it didn't seem to update anything.

NEVER update drivers using windows update.. EVER EVER EVER!!

and no windows update doesnt give you mobo drivers, never have, never will.

all you have to do is grab the drivers from the main chipset software update utiility location.
it contains the drivers for the G965 laptop boards for xp and vista, you don't have to go hunting down the specific mobile drivers.

here is what you see when you grab just the regular old driver package and not any specific mobile ones.