PDA

View Full Version : Is the UV color dye sold in a liquid bottle ?

picard
07-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Is the UV color dye sold in a liquid bottle ? I receive this primochill dye in a syringe .

Have I been mislead by the online retailer?

picard
07-23-2008, 04:21 PM
I have never bought PrimoChill, but I believe you have the correct goods. Don't they call the syringe a "Dye Bomb"....:shrug:

it is called a dye bomb. why is it sold in a syringe? WTF?? that isn't enough dye. Should the dye come in a large bottle?? The web site shows a bottle.

Why do they sell to me this tiny syringe?:confused::confused::shakes::shakes:

Nate P.
07-23-2008, 04:23 PM
I believe you put the dye into the bottle of coolant... the dye is extremely concentrated.

iggy2k
07-23-2008, 04:27 PM
i dont think a liquid bottle would be much use. id rather have a solid one.

Sparky
07-23-2008, 04:34 PM
i dont think a liquid bottle would be much use. id rather have a solid one.

:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

To the OP: all the stuff I've gotten has come in a 1oz bottle. You only need a few drops in your water to make it glow.

HaCKs
07-23-2008, 04:44 PM
I made the mistake a few years ago of putting two small bottles of dye into my loop, it was green dye, but it wasn't so green when it came out.....

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk123/hacksowns/lan108.jpg
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk123/hacksowns/lan208.jpg

kinghong1970
07-24-2008, 04:43 AM
picard,

well, i think i would also ship the clear liquid and dye bomb separately also...
heck, it can be a bit more effective inventory control...

anywhoo, for you, well, you can "control" the richness of color...
when i used primochill, i put clear solution in my loop first, then added dyestuff to get the color i wanted...

red was looking a bit pink when you mixed entire dyestuff into the bottle of coolant.

mind you, too much dye may not be a wise thing tho... stains your tubes... as well as oversaturated anything dont sound so nice...

but eh, my bro is not complaining...

orclev
07-24-2008, 09:55 AM
The instructions on the website tell you to use the syringe to suck the fluid into it, then squirt it back into your reservoir or whatever. Keep doing that until you get it the color you want. Each time you repeat it should be a little richer in color, but also be careful, too much dye can cause all sorts of problems.

Bojamijams
07-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Eh what the hell.. I've never done a ftw before

Distilled water + PT_Nuke = FTW!!!:up:

p.s.

did I do it right? am I cool now?

orclev
07-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Eh what the hell.. I've never done a ftw before

Distilled water + PT_Nuke = FTW!!!:up:

p.s.

did I do it right? am I cool now?

Needs more BOLD I think... and cowbell, definitely add more cowbell.

I was thinking I'd start putting "For Great Justice!!!" in my posts.

Accurate repeatable tests with statistically significant results For Great Justice!!!

:p::rofl: