PDA

View Full Version : AO code motherboard will not boot at all

clone38
07-23-2008, 09:13 AM
Just done it for some reason,my cpu/ram running @ stock volts speeds e.t.c
G26 bios.

Anymore imfo needed please ask.

EDIT got it to boot with the bios jumper on the 3/4 pins,how can i sort out the 1 bios?

clone38
07-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Got it booting on no2 bios looks like no1 is borked.

jonbass
07-23-2008, 10:47 AM
First of all, very nice avatar :)

From what i have experienced and also heard, the best thing is to change between BIOS chip inside BIOS and leave the jumpers default.
Also i would really recomend you to change to BIOS to G28, much better, atleast it has been for me.

The error A0 means that the initial memory configuration and testing procedure failed, so it may be a problem with your memory settings.

Here you can read about the debug codes.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=190952

Can you please give some more info, have the board booted up with the memorys before, when did this problem appear, did you change any settings in BIOS etc?

If you can get into BIOS and change settings, here you can get some pointers on what settings to use with the Cellshock 1866 Blue sticks, now it may be so that my settings dont work for you, but hopefully these settings can help you get started.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=194629

Good luck

EDIT: Didnt see that you got the board to booted with the BIOS nr2, i was to slow with my answer :)

clone38
07-23-2008, 11:04 PM
Hi mate
Yeh love the cellshock runs great :)
I did try the G28 bios but cpuz didnt see the multy on the cpu as i had it set @ 10 and it said 9 even the Aegis didnt report it correct,anyhoo G26 has been fine now for the last week,did some overclocking a few days ago and got my QX to 4.2 ghz to bench in 3dmark06 and now everything is at stock as i was gaming yesterday i shut the pc down as i had to go out and when i came back i had the AO code so now im on the backup bios,i also have had another problem when i restart my pc it takes a while to shutdown then it will not boot until i use the restart button then it works fine.

clone38
07-25-2008, 01:22 AM
Nothing form the Foxconn people? have pmed Lardarse about a new bios chip,or its rma time .

jonbass
07-25-2008, 03:58 PM
You still have problem ?

If i have understood you right, your board doesnt boot with one of the BIOS, you only get the A0 error when using this BIOS chip?

When restarting the computer take some time to shutdown, then you canīt start again?

I had a problem with Error 54, but this problem can be fixed temporary by turning of the PSU, wait until the lights are shut and then power on again, press the start button and see if that helps. Also, try a long Clear Cmos for a couple of hours and see if that can do any diffrents.

I really hope you can get the board to run like i should. Good luck

I will try to help you if i can tommorow.

saaya
07-25-2008, 06:47 PM
hey clone, if you can get it to boot then just flash the BIOS chip from windows, the foxlive tool lets you update both bios chips :)
dont really get what you mean with the other problem your having... could you explain it again?

thanks for the help jonbass! :toast:

clone38
07-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Thanks saaya will give it a go :)

jonbass
Yes im still getting this problem with a very long shutdown and no reboot it gives a code when this happens,i can reboot with the restart button on my case.

clone38
07-26-2008, 12:35 AM
saaya a very big thank you and a free internet beer on me :) bios 1 is now back up and running :D

The code im getting with the reboot problem is CO.

EDIT found this,is this in the bios?
C0 Early chipset initialization, Disable shadow RAM, Disable L2 cache, Program basic chipset registers

saaya
08-10-2008, 10:24 PM
c0 points towards chipset/cpu... thats all... most likely too high fsb/too tight mem timings :/

clone38
08-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Cpu was running stock as was the memory,motherboard is now waiting on pickup for RMA as it will not boot at all now ,by the looks of it this board was on its way out for a while:(
This has not put me off Foxconn boards as when it was running ok the board was great and i just hope the shop sorts it out so i can can get back up and running again.