PDA

View Full Version : EVGA 280 GTX Waterblocks?

Bens
07-22-2008, 10:46 AM
I am going to buy 2 EVGA 280 GTX FTW cards since I can't get a hold of the HC edition. My question is wht is the best aftermarket waterblock for these cards? I liked EVGA's idea of the backplate it has on their HC edition and was wondering if anyone else does that but I need help deciding which block will offer the best temps. Any suggestions?

I'll be adding this to an Asus Striker II extreme with 2 gig of crucial ballistix DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) RAM.

dengyong
07-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Danger den blocks with backplate are the best bang for the buck imo. http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=191573&page=8
Be glad you didn't find an evga HC version, as lots of them were delivered DOA,
Due to the weight of the water block damaging them during shipping.
I got 2 dead ones back to back, mascaras got three dead ones and there are lots more.
I still haven't received all my money back because of evga dragging their feet.
Chris Bencivenga (CS supervisor) tells me that every step in their rma takes 3 to 15 days to approve and process (BS).
Evga has the worst/slowest customer service that I've ever seen.:cussing:

:welcome:

stevecs
07-22-2008, 02:47 PM
I have to agree that I also went through two evga HC versions here to get a working one, but the replacement of them went rather well (barring the fact that I was hyped for a new card and had to wait some more for one). I'm running it now and it's a huge improvement over the 8800GTX I had. If I couldn't get this to work I would have used the DD waterblock (I've used theirs on the old 8800GTX, good build quality).