PDA

View Full Version : BIOS Backup Profiles

saaya
07-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Heya,

Unfortunately it seems we can give you the option to rename the profile slots to backup BIOS settings to cause DFI has a patent on that :D

Profile 1-8 is quite boring and not easy to remember at all, so this is what we are going to try:

most people name the BIOS profiles very similar, since its usually the same thing they want the profiles to be.
They usually want a few trial OC profiles, one "24/7 stable oc" profile, one "tweaked stock speed" profile, and then maybe one or two "benchmark" profiles.
So we are going to name the profiles like this, and then you guys can save different settings for each profile :)

I hope this works out ok for all of you?
I think its almost as good as being able to name the profiles... giving the profiles fixed names should make it much easier to remember which profile is what speed than just having them named 1 2 3 4 5 etc :)

I thought the 8 profiles should be named like this:

1 "still tweaking"
2 "max memory"
3 "max cpu"
4 "max fsb"
5 "Pi benching"
6 "3d benching"
7 "24/7 overclock"
8 "tweaked stock speed"

"still tweaking" is probably used most, so it should be profile1 and the last two profiles are what you select when your tired of tweaking for now, so its ok to have them as the last in the list you have to scroll down to, cause you dont select them very often.

If you think it should be named otherwise or the position of a profile on the list should be changed just let me know! :toast:

grungero
07-21-2008, 10:23 PM
For me, t's better to be named! :D

Like, Grungero Super OC. :D

HDCHOPPER
07-21-2008, 10:48 PM
hahaha ya

me it's 1 best high cpu
2 hairy
3 scary
4 insane

saaya
07-21-2008, 10:53 PM
:P lol grungero
hdchopper, are you sure?
those names dont really describe the profiles...
hmmmmmm

grungero
07-21-2008, 10:53 PM
When if it's named, how many characters is allowed to enter? Just assuming. :D

HDCHOPPER
07-21-2008, 11:31 PM
no just goofing hahahaa

your suggestions make perfect sence to me :up:

saaya
07-21-2008, 11:32 PM
ok then :D wasnt sure if your serious :P

20 characters is max, including empty spaces

grungero
07-21-2008, 11:42 PM
That's good saaya, you're really the man! :D

HDCHOPPER
08-15-2008, 01:58 AM
saaya is it possible to have like 3 different saved saved memory settings ?
1.super pi
2.tight
3.loose
or just plain ole 1. 2. 3. even just 2 would be great :D

getting my pi scores lower got me thinking this
went through 10 pages of papper just keeping track of them the other night:rofl:

Xello
08-15-2008, 11:04 AM
saaya is it possible to have like 3 different saved saved memory settings ?
1.super pi
2.tight
3.loose
or just plain ole 1. 2. 3. even just 2 would be great :D

getting my pi scores lower got me thinking this
went through 10 pages of papper just keeping track of them the other night:rofl:

Yes mate, you can save up to 9 profiles. I'm doing a few myself, one based on higher multi with low fsb and lower ram clock with tighter timings, and another based on lower multi with max fsb and max ram clock with stock timings, and some others like max 3d stable and stuff. :)

You can't rename them though, it just gets stored under Storage Gear 1, 2, 3.. etc. So you have to remember which one's which!