PDA

View Full Version : Foxconn mobo availability

cadaveca
07-21-2008, 09:31 AM
HI there. I'm having MAJOR issues finding a blackops for sale here in Canada. No single retailer carries anything other than budget products.

Anyone aware of a reliable american retailer that will ship up here, that carries this board?

I msut say that I am a fair bit dissappointed that the Canadian market, with over 26 million people, doesn't have a chance to buy this board.

PLEASE HELP!

:up:

Logos
07-21-2008, 09:39 AM
well Newegg's got the board; I know some companies in the US don't ship to Canada, can't tell if Newegg does. You should mail them to ask:
http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/CustomerService.aspx
the card here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186144

saaya
07-21-2008, 05:46 PM
hey cadaveca!
whats up with your title, the color looks all weird, and wheres your avatar? :D

if you cant find a way to get the board let me know and ill check :)

cadaveca
07-21-2008, 06:09 PM
I have checked with all dealers I know of, none even know the board exists, really, mind you very few carry Foxconn products.

Not too sure of any US dealer that ships to Canada that carries the board.

Heck, I'd buy from anywhere, if they'd ship here, and I could read thier site enough to place an order...

....and I dunno about the avatar...what's up with yours?:stick: :rofl:

saaya
07-21-2008, 07:48 PM
.... :sofa:... well... at... at least i have one! :P :D

let me do a quick check to find you a shop to buy from :)

cadaveca
07-21-2008, 07:55 PM
I'd appreciate it. I was trying to get one BEFORE my birthday, but that ain't happenning now.

saaya
07-21-2008, 08:18 PM
oh i must have missed it? happy late bday man! :D
i just fired off an email to our sales guys, ill let you know once i get a reply

cadaveca
07-21-2008, 09:54 PM
not missed, next week yet. Thanks!

quake6
08-01-2008, 03:22 PM
I have the same problem... Just cant find anyone here in Croatia with available Black OPS...Is there some other way to buy that board?

HDCHOPPER
08-04-2008, 10:38 AM
thier is one in the for sale section here today

cadaveca
08-04-2008, 10:40 AM
I managed to get one already, day after my b-day!(Thanks Saaya!)

HDCHOPPER
08-04-2008, 10:41 AM
:up: cool ! well then nevermind the message :D

quake6
08-04-2008, 10:43 AM
thier is one in the for sale section here today

Yeah,but without warranty because he lost invoice...too bad

HDCHOPPER
08-04-2008, 10:57 AM
ouch that outta knock off 100 bucks ,,,, hummmmmmmmm think eye will check it in a week or so heheheheeheheheh

broller
08-04-2008, 12:51 PM
hi if you havent got blackops i have just put 1 on ebay today as they suck second 1 i have had this 1 back from RMA couldnt get above 440 fsb peeps blaming quad core qx9770 put same chip in asus doing 460 stable and just started to move up and blues running at 1800+ with no tweaking tried this board on 4 cpus qx9770 e8600 e8500 e8400 all (es) and the asus beats it hands down and i bet there is a lot more thinks like me

btdvox
08-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Hi there Having SAME Issue! Cant find anywhere in Canada, I called Foxconn and talked to Mike and he gave me one store in BC and they dont have it and dont know when its coming in- I asked them to call and put an order in and the lady didnt know anything LOL.

Can anyone help me out!

saaya
08-11-2008, 12:26 AM
hi if you havent got blackops i have just put 1 on ebay today as they suck second 1 i have had this 1 back from RMA couldnt get above 440 fsb peeps blaming quad core qx9770 put same chip in asus doing 460 stable and just started to move up and blues running at 1800+ with no tweaking tried this board on 4 cpus qx9770 e8600 e8500 e8400 all (es) and the asus beats it hands down and i bet there is a lot more thinks like me

hey dude,
sorry to hear your not happy with your blackops board :(
if you decide to try a foxconn board again and have any questions or issues please let me know and ill see what i can do :)

Im not surprised you got better results with your asus board as they are building high end oc boards for quite some years, keep in mind that the blackops is the first real die hard oc board foxconn ever built... so, sorry its not as user friendly and maybe not as fine tuned as the asus board... but we are just getting started :)

btdvox, you have pm :toast:

quake6
08-11-2008, 01:05 AM
But Foxconn have something that ASUS haven't got for quite a long time... And that is excellent support,keep it up:up:

btdvox
08-11-2008, 06:14 AM
Saaya- PM Sent!

saaya
08-11-2008, 05:11 PM
thanks quake6! good to see people notice and appreciate it! :toast:
btdvox and anybody else with problems finding a foxconn board, please contact me and let me know where you are at, and what your favourite shop(s) is(are).
ideally send me their contact details or contact them and ask them if they are interested in working with us.
If their customers tell them they want foxconn boards, it usually helps us a big deal to work with them, so if you do want a foxconn board just keep asking your favourite shop to show them your REALLY interested in it :D

thanks a lot for in advance for helping us to improve the mobo availability guys! :toast:

philbrown23
08-11-2008, 05:22 PM
yeah I like asus boards, but their customer service sucks ass!I want a foxconn board, but I'm waiting to see if they put out ant oc p45 boards, because I love the look off foxconn boards and they obviously have better support that that other company **coughs** asus **/coughs**

ReverendMaynard
08-11-2008, 05:27 PM
hey dude,
sorry to hear your not happy with your blackops board :(
if you decide to try a foxconn board again and have any questions or issues please let me know and ill see what i can do :)

Im not surprised you got better results with your asus board as they are building high end oc boards for quite some years, keep in mind that the blackops is the first real die hard oc board foxconn ever built... so, sorry its not as user friendly and maybe not as fine tuned as the asus board... but we are just getting started :)

btdvox, you have pm :toast:

Sorry for my ignorance saaya but are you a representative of Foxconn? I only ask because the post that I quoted from you is one of coolest things that I've read in a while. If you do work for Foxconn, they should be proud that they have someone out there speaking from the heart.

OT, I am seriously interested in the Black Ops as well, but availability is very tight, especially here in Canada. I'll keep trying, but some of these online stores up here are cutting Foxconn off at either the P35 or 965 boards. www.ncix.com and www.canadacomputers.com specifically. Foxconn could get allot fo exposure from just these two sources so maybe pop them a hint or two lol.

Rev

saaya
08-11-2008, 05:41 PM
yeah I like asus boards, but their customer service sucks ass!I want a foxconn board, but I'm waiting to see if they put out ant oc p45 boards, because I love the look off foxconn boards and they obviously have better support that that other company **coughs** asus **/coughs**
hey phil, why so serioussssssss? :D heheheh
its called the avenger :D

uses the same digital 8phase pwm as the blackops that can blow 500W+ through your favourite square inch of silicon, almost twice as much as asus 16 phase analog pwm, which is actually 8x2 :P

2 phase memory pwm

PLX chip for not only true 16/16 crossfire but even pciE Gen 2.0 16/16 xfire, so pleeeenty of pciE bandwidth 4870 and especially 4870x2cards should appreciate :D its the only p45 board with dual 16 lanes for xfire, all the other boards are only 8/8

it comes with 10 blue LEDs all over the board that you can program to flash or turn on and off in any sequence you like.

aaaaand itll be the first board to support the QuantumForce OC Panel :D

price should be 299$... hope that extra 50$ compared to asus will be ok...

should be out soon, afaik we are only waiting for the paper package printing :rolleyes: :P

Sorry for my ignorance saaya but are you a representative of Foxconn? I only ask because the post that I quoted from you is one of coolest things that I've read in a while. If you do work for Foxconn, they should be proud that they have someone out there speaking from the heart.

OT, I am seriously interested in the Black Ops as well, but availability is very tight, especially here in Canada. I'll keep trying, but some of these online stores up here are cutting Foxconn off at either the P35 or 965 boards. www.ncix.com and www.canadacomputers.com specifically. Foxconn could get allot fo exposure from just these two sources so maybe pop them a hint or two lol.

Revyeah i even moved to taipei to blow the dust out of the r&d center here and push the guys to use their skills to the fullest and build some insane OC boards instead of the usual "good enough is good enough" boards :D
thanks a lot man :toast:
those words really help to cheer me up, pushing things here is really energy consuming especially since many people here dont want to change their way of looking at things and working on new boards... so it takes a LOT of pushing and convincing to make the boards true enthusiast boards... and i wont lie, it sure gets me down and exhausted every now and then :P
but its really good to see that people are def interested in an alternative to gigabyte and asus, a mfc who listens to the customers and builds a truly enthusiast oriented board with propper support :)
its a long way to go to get everything up to speed and compete with asus and gigabyte who rush new boards to the market at an amazing pace and have entire teams dedicated to tweaking their BIOSes etc... but i love challanges :D
the bigger the challange the more you grow right? :)

thanks a lot for the heads up regarding shops! :toast:
if you have any suggestions or are unhappy about anything or want someting improved, just let me know :)

ReverendMaynard
08-12-2008, 12:15 PM
yeah i even moved to taipei to blow the dust out of the r&d center here and push the guys to use their skills to the fullest and build some insane OC boards instead of the usual "good enough is good enough" boards :D
thanks a lot man :toast:
those words really help to cheer me up, pushing things here is really energy consuming especially since many people here dont want to change their way of looking at things and working on new boards... so it takes a LOT of pushing and convincing to make the boards true enthusiast boards... and i wont lie, it sure gets me down and exhausted every now and then :P
but its really good to see that people are def interested in an alternative to gigabyte and asus, a mfc who listens to the customers and builds a truly enthusiast oriented board with propper support :)
its a long way to go to get everything up to speed and compete with asus and gigabyte who rush new boards to the market at an amazing pace and have entire teams dedicated to tweaking their BIOSes etc... but i love challanges :D
the bigger the challange the more you grow right? :)

thanks a lot for the heads up regarding shops! :toast:
if you have any suggestions or are unhappy about anything or want something improved, just let me know :)

You're very welcome and I can sympathize with you...I work with Dell.:ROTF: I emphasize with, because if I worked for them, I'd slit my own throat with a soup spoon. :D You're doing a good thing at Foxconn, so stay positive and keep up good work. Distribution seems to be something that needs major improvement. If the product isn't available....it's not worth all of your time and effort pounding out killer parts ;)

If and when I get the Black Ops (I need a carry over for 775/DDR3 until we really see what nehalem is all about), I will most certainly give you all the feedback that I can.

Rev

saaya
08-12-2008, 05:29 PM
dell dell or alienware dell? :D
thanks for the pat on the back :D

ReverendMaynard
08-12-2008, 06:44 PM
dell dell or alienware dell? :D
thanks for the pat on the back :D

Both ;)

saaya
08-13-2008, 06:11 PM
now the latter is actually interesting... i think ever since dell bought them they really slowed down and i actually havent heard anything about them or their products ever since, but they did and i suppose still do offer quite nice products for people who dont care about the price and just want a fast machine. hows working with them? nda signing marathon right? :D i remember when you sign their nda, mentioning that you did sign an nda with them already breaks the nda :lol:

ReverendMaynard
08-14-2008, 05:35 AM
now the latter is actually interesting... i think ever since dell bought them they really slowed down and i actually havent heard anything about them or their products ever since, but they did and i suppose still do offer quite nice products for people who dont care about the price and just want a fast machine. hows working with them? nda signing marathon right? :D i remember when you sign their nda, mentioning that you did sign an nda with them already breaks the nda :lol:

Ahh, the famous Dell concrete *da. See I can't even type it ;) But it's not all bad, they just need to get their poop in a group. I agree, Alienware needs to change.

Just glad that there is a fairly thick line between what I do and what they do.

EDIT:

Alright Dell crap aside ;) I want a new Black Ops board. Point me in the right direction saaya :D

btdvox
08-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Yeah I dont want to seem like an A$$ but the lack of supply (NO Stores in Canada have these in stock or even carry them...) makes me have to go to something else:(
Really sucks but I guess thats the way it is.

saaya
09-09-2008, 03:55 AM
hmmmm i met some good sales guys here and talked to a friend at a big shop, im pretty sure i can pull some strings within the next 2 or 3 weeks, so if you guys can hold your breath that long... :D

ReverendMaynard
09-12-2008, 08:54 AM
hmmmm i met some good sales guys here and talked to a friend at a big shop, im pretty sure i can pull some strings within the next 2 or 3 weeks, so if you guys can hold your breath that long... :D

Any news on that saaya? I'm still on board with Foxconn, but I need availability :)

systemviper
09-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Did foxcon ever come out with that 790i board i heard something about for a while?

saaya
09-14-2008, 04:46 AM
hmmm quality control at foxconn is very tight, if theres a tiny issue that no end user will ever experience or care about, they still tend to delay the whole thing...
that caused us a LOTof issues with 790i... its impossible to tell if it was our design or the 790 chipset, but in the end it simply didnt work out.
from every batch of boards some worked flawlessy and some had random issues... one would fail in long term reboot tests and hang every now and then, some would crash in 3dmark every now and then... but the biggest issue was memory stability. around half the boards of every batch had issues with that while the other half worked flawlessly.

in the end we decided to skip 790 in favour of other projects :(

about availability, working with sales now and they are in talks with a canadian distributor :)

Movieman
09-14-2008, 04:49 AM
any news on a dual gainstown board?:D

Xello
09-14-2008, 05:57 AM
that caused us a LOTof issues with 790i... its impossible to tell if it was our design or the 790 chipset, but in the end it simply didnt work out.
from every batch of boards some worked flawlessy and some had random issues... one would fail in long term reboot tests and hang every now and then, some would crash in 3dmark every now and then... but the biggest issue was memory stability. around half the boards of every batch had issues with that while the other half worked flawlessly.

I wonder if the truth will ever come out about this, as it seems to be a repeat of the problems of the 680i... It's 50/50 if you got a good board or not. I know others on this forum are saying the 790i issues are all fixed but i don't believe that myself, i think all the people left with one are just those who got a good board.

With the info coming out on some bad manufacturing decisions that have affected their mobile chips, you have to wonder if something similar isn't going on with their chipsets. Something like that would explain why some boards are good and some boards are bad.

saaya
09-14-2008, 07:25 AM
any news on a dual gainstown board?:D
yes :D

I wonder if the truth will ever come out about this, as it seems to be a repeat of the problems of the 680i... It's 50/50 if you got a good board or not. I know others on this forum are saying the 790i issues are all fixed but i don't believe that myself, i think all the people left with one are just those who got a good board.

With the info coming out on some bad manufacturing decisions that have affected their mobile chips, you have to wonder if something similar isn't going on with their chipsets. Something like that would explain why some boards are good and some boards are bad.no comment...

saaya
09-30-2008, 07:25 PM
starting from today you can order quantum force motherboards through newegg from the US! :toast:
Hope this solves the problem, and sorry things didnt work out earlier...

Prozium
12-09-2008, 01:49 PM
starting from today you can order quantum force motherboards through newegg from the US! :toast:
Hope this solves the problem, and sorry things didnt work out earlier...

so this thread is kind-of old, but I just thought I would post this Newegg.ca (http://www.newegg.ca/Store/Brand.aspx?Brand=2136&name=FOXCONN)

It's the Canadian web site for Newegg.....I didn't know they had one, maybe some of you didn't either.

I hope this wasn't an obvious thing I dumbly found.(I only saw it on the rebate form I filled out for my Destroyer)

Note: I live in the USA, so that might be a good reason I didn't know about this :P

saaya
01-02-2009, 11:21 PM
heh, thx m8 :toast:
i guess some people might not know that newegg shipps to canada now :)

quake6
02-01-2009, 10:31 AM
And is there any possibility to buy BR in some store,or maybe directly from foxconn, that is shipping to Croatia?

EnisDonKing
02-04-2009, 02:15 AM
And is there any possibility to buy BR in some store,or maybe directly from foxconn, that is shipping to Croatia?

From what I've heard, there should be some Blood Rage boards available in Croatia (Bencomp.hr) in coming weeks.

saaya
02-10-2009, 01:14 AM

sorry, we dont sell directly to end users, we cant :/
we can do group orders tho in case several people want to order boards together, then i can maybe hook them up to sales :D