PDA

View Full Version : Motherboard Suggestions Please

Timbosan
07-20-2008, 05:59 PM
My friend needs some help choosing a new board. I haven't been in the scene for a while, and have no computer myself anymore.

zanzabar
07-20-2008, 07:19 PM
i would go p5q-deluxe unless u like to tweak then dfi LT, and unless u already have the GT/GTS u can get a 4850 for a little more and it will be faster with much better IQ

and i would suggest the new mushkin ram with eVCI #996619

perkam
07-20-2008, 08:32 PM
i would go p5q-deluxe unless u like to tweak then dfi LT, and unless u already have the GT/GTS u can get a 4850 for a little more and it will be faster with much better IQ

and i would suggest the new mushkin ram with eVCI #996619Asus P5Q Deluxe or if that is too expensive, go for the Asus P5Q-E.

Both are awesome P45 boards :up:

Perkam

zanzabar
07-20-2008, 08:58 PM
the p5q-e only has 8 phase power so i would wait for something with digital pwms the analogue 16phase is slightly worse IMO but its much better than 8 phase analogue

and i would take the dfi DK p45 plus with its 4phase digital it should be better than 8phase analogue, but then u would have to like GTL settings

perkam
07-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the responses so far guys. I have some investigating/comparing on those suggestions to do when I finish work.

I have not yet purchased the video card, so I'm open to anything right now although I have been an NVIDIA user previously and liked them. Ive just been out of the loop for a few months after the theft of my previous rig.

I have purchased some Crucial Ballistix Tracers 1066 (2 x 1GB kit) ram to go with it. If there's any known compatibility issues with them you know about let me know.If you're an Nvidia user, the 8800GTS 512MB should be cheap, grab that one if an ATI 4850 is too expensive or just not your thing :)

The Tracers work fine with P45, just make sure to upgrade to 4Gb when you can :up:

Perkam

hillywav
07-20-2008, 11:50 PM
well some question guys

how this "8 phase power" really do some diff?

OC efficiency?

perkam
07-21-2008, 08:41 AM
^The 8 phase power on the P5Q-E is not as good as the 16 phase offered by the deluxe, but for comparisons between PWM's, zanzabar explained it pretty well i think.

Ok so I'm basically tossing up between the P5K-Premium and the P5Q-Deluxe. I've read some good reports on both, and for my application perhaps the P5K would be sufficient. Any final advice on offer (other than the PWM comparison)? How much better is the P45 than the P35 chipset? I'm leaning towards the P5Q-Deluxe, it's not out of my price range and it looks to be a very nice board for the money. I'd love a DFI but I'm having trouble finding some available to me and they are very pricey.P45 is the next step in the evolution of the P35. It is a top notch motherboard and is incredibly futureproof :up:

Perkam