PDA

View Full Version : Soul Caliber 4 baby!!

Lestat
07-19-2008, 10:06 PM
ok i'm gunna start this out.
just so you all know i will have a 24 hour boner until the 29th, and then i am going to spooge all over the place.

anyone wanting an a$$ whoopin is more than welcome to add me to their friends list and we can do some fightin'

and dont even get me started on SF IV.... oh gawd..... i can die a happy man.
now all they need to do is fix the fracking d-pad on the controllers since they break within seconds of using it.
you can't even do hadokens and shorukens in SF II on Live Arcade after about 2 minutes when you play it with a brand new controller let alone an older one.

anywho..

Soul Caliber IV BABY!!!

Dalle
07-21-2008, 11:03 AM
why not get a propper controller then?
hori even makes an official one for the xbox

DilTech
07-22-2008, 04:18 PM
The Hori Soul Calibur sticks use a Hori stick instead of sanwa... To the untrained ear, that doesn't sound like a big deal, but I've used both and can tell you the difference is definitely noticeable.

Lestat
07-24-2008, 04:25 PM
The Hori Soul Calibur sticks use a Hori stick instead of sanwa... To the untrained ear, that doesn't sound like a big deal, but I've used both and can tell you the difference is definitely noticeable.

cool,.,. but you didnt tell us which is better... lol

and besides hori is absolute crap from the ones i have purchased, but thats just my experience

if this is the controller you are refering to then i dont know what to say i have used those raised d-pad controllers and for fighting games they typically are horrible. but again i dont know....

http://www.amazon.com/Hori-Controller-Turbo-Xbox-360/dp/B000HS0Y6K

BUT, cheapa$$gamer.com reviews it and said this
btw the d-pad was the only thing in the review that made this controller seem worth while

D-PAD
WINNER: HORIPAD EX TURBO: A
Runner up: MICROSOFT CONTROLLER: C
The HORIPAD truly delivers in the D-PAD category completely wasting the Microsoft controller. The pad feels much like the one featured on the SNES controller, which is a very big compliment to Hori; like the SNES controller, the pad is a straight-up cross design and is very responsive. The only thing that could have made this D-PAD better would have been placing it in the same horizontal line as the face buttons; doing this, however, would no longer be in the reference XBOX360 design and probably isn't even legally permitted at this stage in the game. In other words, the DPAD is just a notch away from perfect; now I know when I miss a Dragon Punch in SFII Hyper Fighting its because of my timing instead of a poorly constructed dpad! I can also say that Frogger works much better now with the new controller, greatly reducing the unexpected jumps in the wrong direction.

now if your refering to this http://www.thinktechno.com/2008/07/10/hori-real-arcade-pro-ex-xbox-360-controller-arcade-style/
then i do not know but the price tag is retarded....

oh baby, here ya go.
http://cgi.ebay.com/HORI-FIGHTING-STICK-SOUL-CALIBER-4-LTD-EDITION-XBOX360_W0QQitemZ370071044905QQcmdZViewItem?hash=i tem370071044905&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

they also have the DOA 4 arcade stick so you'll have to find a review of that i suppose to get a feel for the SC 4 stick.

DilTech
07-24-2008, 05:29 PM
cool,.,. but you didnt tell us which is better... lol

and besides hori is absolute crap from the ones i have purchased, but thats just my experience

if this is the controller you are refering to then i dont know what to say i have used those raised d-pad controllers and for fighting games they typically are horrible. but again i dont know....

http://www.amazon.com/Hori-Controller-Turbo-Xbox-360/dp/B000HS0Y6K

BUT, cheapa$$gamer.com reviews it and said this
btw the d-pad was the only thing in the review that made this controller seem worth while

now if your refering to this http://www.thinktechno.com/2008/07/10/hori-real-arcade-pro-ex-xbox-360-controller-arcade-style/
then i do not know but the price tag is retarded....

oh baby, here ya go.
http://cgi.ebay.com/HORI-FIGHTING-STICK-SOUL-CALIBER-4-LTD-EDITION-XBOX360_W0QQitemZ370071044905QQcmdZViewItem?hash=i tem370071044905&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

they also have the DOA 4 arcade stick so you'll have to find a review of that i suppose to get a feel for the SC 4 stick.

The hori's with sanwa sticks are MUCH better, they're the ones they actually use in the arcades for namco and sega fighters.

As for hori, they make the best non-custom(as in custom built for you) arcade sticks for consoles. Their HRAP series(Hori Real Arcade Pro) for the PS3 are the best you can buy for any console, and that includes sega's VFHG stick(due to sega's not reading 3+ buttons hit at once). Not sure which hori stick you've used, but they're worth the money. Just make sure you get one with a sanwa stick instead of the hori stick.

p.s. I have the game already, you really won't want to try it with the xbox360 dpad.

Dalle
07-24-2008, 08:21 PM
yeah forgot to say it was the hori real arcade pro stick (for either xbox or ps3) theyre really good, although ive only tried the one for ps2.
wouldnt mind using my neo-geo sticks but i dont think theres been made a converter ^^ (theyre not as good as the HARP but a hell of a lot better than a sixaxis)

DilTech
07-24-2008, 11:50 PM
The hori arcade pro is the only way to go if you really want a stick. Even though it uses hori snap in buttons, they're snap in/out, so you can switch them to sanwa buttons with no work required besides opening the case. With the Soul calibur sticks, they're soldered, so you're stick with the stock hori parts.

Mind you people, I'm a hardcore tekken player... If it's not capable of 4 EWGF's with kazuya fluidly, or ISW'ing with king, it's not good enough for me. As such, I know the difference between a good stick and a bad stick.

Scubar
07-25-2008, 04:40 AM
Is soul calibre coming for xbox360 ? I havent played any real fighting games for ages, i used to love Tekken 3 and that was the last time i really played properly against people before i got bored of it. Played Tekken tag quite a few times which was also pretty good fun.

DilTech
07-25-2008, 08:48 AM
Yes Scubar, it's on the xbox360 as well as the PS3. You're going to hate the xbox360 controller for this game though, word of warning. I already have the 360 version, but I'll be picking up the PS3 version when I find a copy to use the HRAP on it.

For those who are curious, yoda sucks as a character.

Scubar
07-25-2008, 08:58 AM
I already discovered the 360s controller will suck for it. Need something like a Snes pad. Hopefully there are some sort of Snes or similar pad available in the UK.

Lestat
07-25-2008, 09:42 PM
p.s. I have the game already, you really won't want to try it with the xbox360 dpad.

well i aint gunna say anything about that, but since it was just dumped to the usenets last night... *coughpiratecough* i will just you deal with the reprocussions of openly admitting to obtaining a copy.

:)

(never forget its talk like that that draws unwanted prying eyes to our wonderful forum.)

the hori seems to be a bit of a b|tch to find.
only one on eGay and it was going for way too much.
amazon was out of stock, and i found one other place that i have never heard of before so i wont be buying it there.

Mind you people, I'm a hardcore tekken player... If it's not capable of 4 EWGF's with kazuya fluidly, or ISW'ing with king, it's not good enough for me. As such, I know the difference between a good stick and a bad stick

yeah but we 360 owners will never see a tekken game,, i doubt that will ever happen, sony wont let it.

you'll have to hit me up when you go buy the retail game next week and we can throw down... (xbox live name is in my sig)

DilTech
07-27-2008, 01:28 PM
My copy is legal, check web forums across the net and you'll find out the game hit stores about a week and a half early in quite a few areas... Mom and Pop stores are terrible about breaking street date. I'm actually playing on XBL right now with a full room.

DilTech
07-31-2008, 12:10 AM
So did you get your copy of SC: IV?

Scubar
07-31-2008, 08:48 AM
Comes out tomorrow in the uk, dont know what stick or anything to get though. cant seem to find any in the UK that would be half decent. :|

Webster
08-02-2008, 03:29 PM
I've had this for a few days now. It's pretty good! I wouldn't go so far as to say it is the best SC game, but it is good. Great character customization and online play, but I wish the single player would have been on par with SCII without having the difficulty of SCIII.

BTW I still think the first one had the best fighting.