PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about my loop order

Statts
07-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Ok well, i have super tight space to play with in my case, which can be found in the build log section.

due to space restrictions, looks like my loop may need to be like so.

mcp350 > FuZion v1 (possible upgrade to xspc edge) > xspc razor > mcr220 > xspc res top

tubing will be 3/8" and bitspower fittings with the odd 45 and 90 thrown in.

i know that it is not preferable to have the pump between rad and cpu but will be hard to do otherwise with the space available.

so what are your thoughts?

eXa
07-19-2008, 08:06 PM
flow is high enough to keep the deltas pretty low. So loop order doesnt really matter that much. If ur looking for every single C u can get then u would want rad before cpu.

IanY
07-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Looks perfectly fine to me. The flow rate within a closed loop is constant, and given that the pump is right before the cpu block, there are no head pressure issues. The temp delta between having the right before the blocks and after the blocks is tiny, if any.

Statts
07-20-2008, 03:14 AM
Thanks for the reassurance guys.

Worked out that the most probably positions for angle fittings will be as follows:

2 x 45deg on the CPU block
2 x 90 deg on the GPU block
1 x 45 or 90 on the rad inlet
1 x 90 on the res top inlet

Hoping these new Bitspower fittings prove to be not too restrictive.....

Statts
07-20-2008, 05:05 AM
You'll be fine, like Iany said, its a closed loop. Temps tend to balance themselves out...

Dang, look at all the 90 and 45 degree fittings you are planning on using. Thanks, I don't feel so bad about my double 90 SB...

Hahaha yeah. It's a bit of a necessity with all this gear crammed internal into an SG02-F