PDA

View Full Version : Pump->Rad->Res ???

Bojamijams
07-18-2008, 08:01 AM
I've seen this setup on some pictures. Cool water goes into the res first and then into the blocks.

Is there a point to this or this just a noob design?

I would think it would suck for flow.

Xilikon
07-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Yes, a bad move. The correct position would be before the pump as lots of guides and experts will outline.

Soulwind
07-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Res->Pump->Rad->Blocks or Res->Pump->Blocks->Rad is the way to go.

You want the res before (and feeding directly into) the pump, so that the pump is ALWAYS supplied with sufficient liquid.

There's little else that kills pumps faster than letting then starve for liquid.

lowfat
07-18-2008, 09:53 AM

You want the res before (and feeding directly into) the pump, so that the pump is ALWAYS supplied with sufficient liquid.

There's little else that kills pumps faster than letting then starve for liquid.

Agreed, and having the res before and slightly higher than the pump makes things incredibly easier to bleed.

orclev
07-18-2008, 09:54 AM

Although true in and of itself, in a loop with enough liquid in it, and sufficient flow, the pump should always have enough fluid moving through it even if the reservoir is elsewhere in the loop. The advantage to putting the reservoir right before the pump has more to do with ease of bleeding and priming the system. Once the sufficient fluid is in the tubing leading up to the pump (and assuming the loop is in fact closed) it should stay in that state indefinitely (ignoring the effects of evaporation, leaks, or catastrophic failures).

Vega
07-18-2008, 10:56 AM
This is how I build it!
It works very well exept for my resonans! :)
I have to put something under my pumps...
I use a Thermochill 120.3 rad.

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/3663/dsc03563wa8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)